Any difference of the two data centers?

Hi,

I noticed that the prices of the same dedicated servers in different data centers are different. The two data centers are:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    * The Planet DC in Dallas, Texas
    * San Jose, California NOC

What is the difference of the two data canter that sometimes make the great difference in price?

Thanks~
    seekhosting
    My friends, it's nice to know that you are there when I need you.

Which server companies are you talking about? ThePlanet has ServerMatrix, and I believe you may also be talking about managed.com for San Jose?
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support Web Hosting Reseller Hosting Cloud/VPS Plans Dedicated Servers

crucialparad,

Actually, I am talking about angelnetworkz.net which resell servers located in these two data center.

Thanks
    seekhosting
    My friends, it's nice to know that you are there when I need you.

The San Jose datacenter is the Managed.com one while the The Planet one probably contains ServerMatrix.com servers. Look at the pricing of the two companies yourself and you can see why the The Planet one costs more.

The ServerMatrix servers are on a more reliable network and they have better support (not sure how much support would affect you if you're buying through a reseller).

The price difference speaks for itself. This is one of the few cases when you really get what you have paid for.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Managed.com - new company - 2 backbone - XO + Above.
    Servermatrix.com - backed by highly reputable DC, The Planet - very diversified network.

But so far not many people complaining managed.com as they used to have when they just started.

question on net

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Managed.com - new company - 2 backbone - XO + Above.
    Servermatrix.com - backed by highly reputable DC, The Planet - very diversified network.

But so far not many people complaining managed.com as they used to have when they just started.
    who is assertivenetworks?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Ask Chris Phillips...
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Re: Any difference of the two data centers?

Originally posted by seekhosting
    Hi,

I noticed that the prices of the same dedicated servers in different data centers are different. The two data centers are:
    * The Planet DC in Dallas, Texas
    * San Jose, California NOC

What is the difference of the two data canter that sometimes make the great difference in price?

Thanks~
    Their servers located at The Planet are not SM servers - They're using TailoredServers.com who colocates there, and provide their own management for the servers.

Their San Jose servers are through Managed.com, and once again, they offer their own management.

-Josh

Re: question on net

Originally posted by sailor
    who is assertivenetworks?
    A diluted version of AboveNet?

The two biggest differences between managed.com and Servermatrix are Support and the quality and reliability of their respective Networks.

Don't make the assumption that just because you purchase a managed server from a Reseller you don't need the Datacenter to have good support as well. Even with a reboot port you still have to have the assistance of a qualified DC tech from time to time. With managed.com you won't get 24/7 support, if you have an issue your Reseller cannot resolve on the weekend you may very well have to wait for Monday to roll around before it gets resolved.

Server Matrix does in fact provide qualified techs 24/7 although from reading posts here they seem to go through some support response time hiccups from time to time.

TMS has recently added TP bandwidth, however, you may choose HE / Yipes bandwidth.

Re: Re: question on net

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    A diluted version of AboveNet?

ok - so I am assuming managed is geting their bqandwidth then from assertive networks - who then gets it fr omsomewhere. correct?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Re: Re: Re: question on net

Originally posted by sailor
    ok - so I am assuming managed is geting their bqandwidth then from assertive networks - who then gets it fr omsomewhere. correct?
    assertivenetworks is a large transit reseller. so yes, managed.com's above feed is not a direct port from abovenet. however, i've talked to the guys at assertive and have a distinct impression that they know what they are doing. i would tend to place the blame for the network issues square on managed, rather than assertive's shoulders.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Re: Re: Re: Re: question on net

Originally posted by rusko
    assertivenetworks is a large transit reseller. so yes, managed.com's above feed is not a direct port from abovenet. however, i've talked to the guys at assertive and have a distinct impression that they know what they are doing. i would tend to place the blame for the network issues square on managed, rather than assertive's shoulders.

paul
    sorry - I was not blaming anything on anyone - i nkow very little about this. I was trying to get a picture of their network - it says on their website - a gig to xo and a gig to abovenet - however - none of the as data supports that. it appears more that they get a single feed from assertive. just trying to figure it out.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

They do/did/ have XO at one point, for a very short amount of time. They could not get it working properly (as was evidenced by all the complaints posted here) and have since bailed out on it. Whether or not they still have a gig with XO is unknown, it certainly is not announcing in any routes I've seen posted anywhere.

I really don't know anything about Assertive Networks other than the fact managed.com has been using them exclusively. At least until the XO debacle...

ah I see

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    They do/did/ have XO at one point, for a very short amount of time. They could not get it working properly (as was evidenced by all the complaints posted here) and have since bailed out on it. Whether or not they still have a gig with XO is unknown, it certainly is not announcing in any routes I've seen posted anywhere.

I really don't know anything about Assertive Networks other than the fact managed.com has been using them exclusively. At least until the XO debacle...
    that makes it clearer - so it looks like managed has a connection (speed ??) to assertivenetworks.

then assertive handles it from there.

so the website and comments in this thread shold be updated.

cool - thanks for the info -
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000