Angry Another lame lawsuit (alcohol)

First it was fast food, now it's beer. Lady, whose responsibility is it to know where your child is at night and what they are doing?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/18/co....ap/index.html

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court, seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."
    "Hiding the dangers"??? Give me a friggin' break lady......Have you and your kid(s) been living under a rock for the past thirty years? By now, if you've watched television, read a magazine or a newspaper or talked to anyone who has you'll know the "dangers of alcohol abuse".....

Typical irresponsible, blame-shifter parent.

My respect to their family, losing someone is hard, but it's not the company's fault.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Respect for the deceased and the grieving, sure, but he died two years ago and now momma's trying to cash in by shifting the blame from the true responsible parties to others.

Yeah, its stupid how some people die. People just have to learn. The woman has no case.

Gee, maybe she should consider adding the people who hosted the party to her lawsuit. And lets not forget the boy's girlfriend who "allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother."

i dont think i could handle burying one of my children. What a horrible thing to have to do, especially when the cause of death was preventable. At age 19, that boy was responsible for himself, or should have been anyway...
    What a hard thing for mom to have to deal with, not only losing her son, but knowing he was making such assanine decisions with his life.

This whole situation is very sad.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Hmm he was 19 yet had no license? Seems odd for a boy to be 19 and have a girlfriend and not a license, unless he lost it. Sure I've known a few people who were 19 without a license yet, but they didn't get out much either and didn't go to parties with girlfriends as opposed to those who lost their licenses due to one reason or another.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

well not exacly true. Yes alot of people "the young ones" do have driver licenses. Also though I know alot of people that do not have any and do drive.

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Hmm he was 19 yet had no license? Seems odd for a boy to be 19 and have a girlfriend and not a license, unless he lost it. Sure I've known a few people who were 19 without a license yet, but they didn't get out much either and didn't go to parties with girlfriends as opposed to those who lost their licenses due to one reason or another.

Hmm, why sue Coors? Did they sponsor this party or something, because the article doesn't seem to mention specifically the reason for involving them.

Originally posted by bear
    Hmm, why sue Coors? Did they sponsor this party or something, because the article doesn't seem to mention specifically the reason for involving them.
    They have money, and suing them gets you into the headlines and 15 minutes of fame (like this article). If she'd merely sued the hosts of the party and the girl who gave him a car to drive then we'd never hear about it.
    resident grumpy redneck

I agree completely that this is entirely society's fault. why blame ourselves when we can slap a lawsuit on some faceless corporation. Let's get real people with today's easy access to drugs guns and other illegal stuff parents need to take a stand and work with their children. Now I know a lot of parents are working late hours and can't spend time with their kids. So why not build some free public daycare centers. The YMCA and Boys and Girls club are a good start but far from enough to handle the needs of today's children. As a society we are so used to this kind of thing happening its shameful.

The reason money: We don't have enough money to build and staff these facilities. Maybe the money from Phillip Morris could do some good. IMO those don't smoke commercials don't mean crap the money could be spent much more effectively in after school programs and stuff than some blind tv ad that kids won't be watching because they're out using drugs anyway and the parents are working or passed out drunk on the couch.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Do they seriously think those silly quit smoking commercials will make ANYONE quit smoking?

This mother should sue herself for raising a kid to 19 who doesn't know better than to drink and drive. My parents always drove home the mantra "do not drink even a LITTLE bit and drive, call us, call a cab, call SOMEONE but don't drive drunk". They always made it plain and clear that drinking while not "OK" would be tolerated to a point but drinking and driving even a short distance or "after only a couple" would be met with zero tolerance.

Of course I spent most of my 15th year hauling my dad around because he was licenseless for 90 days due to a DUI and he was REALLY adamant that I not do something so stupid.
    resident grumpy redneck

Do they seriously think those silly quit smoking commercials will make ANYONE quit smoking?
    Yeah, as if the problem is that we just haven't noticed yet.

i'm moving to christmas island, whose coming with me?

Just someone trying to extract $$$$

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Originally posted by auctionSuite
    Respect for the deceased and the grieving, sure, but he died two years ago and now momma's trying to cash in by shifting the blame from the true responsible parties to others.
    I'm thinking she didn't do all that well at the slot machines.

Originally posted bear
    It says that Coors is/was what he was drinking at the party.

Originally posted by secludo
    It says that Coors is/was what he was drinking at the party.
    Okay, so why is she not suing the person who sold the beer to an underage person, or the person who supplied it to him? I don't see that mentioned in the article at all.

The suit makes no sense....At 19 the boy was old enough to know better and should have been responsible for his own actions. Mom, Dad and the dead boy are ultimately the ones responsible.

She's just trying to get the money, unfortunatly to say, it was just another case of natural selection.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Originally posted by auctionSuite
    Okay, so why is she not suing the person who sold the beer to an underage person, or the person who supplied it to him? I don't see that mentioned in the article at all.

The suit makes no sense....At 19 the boy was old enough to know better and should have been responsible for his own actions. Mom, Dad and the dead boy are ultimately the ones responsible.
    I haven't the foggiest idea why she isn't naming them on the lawsuit as well. I'm quite surprised, actually, considering that the is suing the boy's girlfriend for letting him drive her car and the girlfriend's mother because she gave the girlfriend the car -- HAHA! How stupid is that!

Anyway, I wasn't arguing her case in the least bit. I think it is quite laughable actually, although I do think that of all of the beer companies Coors does seem to glorify drinking the most in their commercials (assuming I have the right ones in mind). But I was just answering bear's question She is suing Coors because he was drinking Coors.

Yeah....I really didn't think you were arguing her case, I was just using that as a point of reference.

Sorry for the insinuation.