Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many web hosting companies are without customer or less than 10 customers?

I have just read from the review page and found 2 companies that have less than 5 customers in just 1 hour. I was thinking how many out there that face the same fate?

Will a merger works with a common name e.g. XYZ hosting? with which each joint company will receive 80% of what they have in hand and the 20% will be used collectively for advertisement?

One thing you may ask will be how to distribute customer? I was thinking about seperate into zones. E.g. some from UK, Some from the US and some from asia.

Customer will go through their own "HOST" for general service while one main in-charge for the complete back end admin.

Well it is just a pop-up idea after reading the review and might sound crap in some part. Definitely not a good business plan as yet. but just feel like discussing.

Any comments will be appreciated.

What do you mean? So like you want to purchase mini-beginning hosts? Then have them all under you?
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

I would think yes. purchase all the mini hosts and have them all under one common name.

Re: How many web hosting companies are without customer or less than 10 customers?

Originally posted by acidbase
    I have just read from the review page and found 2 companies that have less than 5 customers in just 1 hour.

I have to admit I don't think I understand most of this post...

BUT, if I we're getting 5 customers in under an hour (each hour), I'd be jumping up and down with joy, and doing back flips and a bunch of other stuff.

my apology. i would mean that I have read 2 post with companies that are asking for review because of their low customer rate. AND i actually read the two posts in the same hour.

Sorry for the confusion because I was thinking of something.

I think you have a interesting idea there. I am sure that there a bunch of disgruntled hosts out there on the edge of quitting the industry that would consider this idea.

The problem is that you may struggle to find the innovative and entrepreneurial minds that are required to be a success in this industry, as those people would likely go it alone, rather than follow a franchise type formula.

Perhaps Johny, or small start-up hosts can't afford it. Like myself. I have many advertising options open and a good marketing friend, but can't afford to run through the strategies at the moment. Another is so many people follow the same route and get lost in the dust because they don't pay enough to get on top.

I'm not sure. I haven't gotten that far, hope to soon though. NOT A PUT DOWN OR MEANT IN A MEAN WAY AT ALL!

Thanks and God Bless!
    David Garza
    CCF Web Hosting - Where Customers Come First!
    Phone: 1.630.885.9009 | Email: david(a)ccfhosting.com
    MSN: dgarza(a)ccfhosting.com | AIM: CCF DGarza | ICQ: 51140109

sounds like a plan that could be developed into something interesting. I am a small, just starting host as well..

Thanks that the idea seems to work in some way though need alot of fine tuning.

Keep ideas coming because I would always think there is still alot of development area in the industry and just that many are just lost in the dust or simply don't have the right mind for the right thing.

The idea has merit but will take some work

that'd be leet

You're talking about something a lot like an independantly operated chain of food stores or something.

You'd have a parent 'company' that handled the billing (it would have to handle the billing so that the text on the bill would match the site branding), it'd give mini hosts widgets for their website so they could conform. It'd enforce standards of service and support so that services got thru the mega host would be relatively uniform, and then it would have to have a set of plans/prices for the mini hosts to offer. It could also provide automated backup, monitoring and other services to the mini hosts that are sometimes cost prohibitive for smaller hosts but should be used.

It has several advantages:
    cc billing becomes more cost effective
    megahost could offer 'local' service
    megahost could offer a much wider variety of services
    mini hosts would gain sustenance under the megahost name and could then pursue their own branded version of the service on the side. (obviously the megahost would have to make sure that no megahost subsite plugged a mini host's branded hosting).
    Shared support power (possibly)
    Advertising becomes more effective.
    Each mini host could still maintain its individuality in the way it's run and stuff.

If someone wants to try this I'm in. we're self sufficient but I wouldn't mind putting a megahost branded site up and giving 20% of what i make on it to advertising/services.

one thing tho, you'd have to somehow provide more referrals to minihost a if minihost a is a larger contributer (ie minihost a has 100 accts earning megahost 20% and minihost b only has 10)
    -- My software isn't buggy; it develops random features --

Well I would say there is no easy profit. So I think well laid plan in very crucial and to keep the customer network as stable as possible. An important business plan has to be laid out and work hard on it.

I am glad that there are some like-minded here and I would love to hear more comments on this.

*I am working on a possible plan on this and probably will be submitting a proper business plan on my website in June if everything falls neatly.

Hope to hear from any of you out there. (be it postive or negative).

Re: that'd be leet

Originally posted by telnettro
    It'd enforce standards of service and support so that services got thru the mega host would be relatively uniform
    This part would be critical. One bad hosting provider could give the whole conglomerate a bad name.

You could use a member of each hosting provider to make up a board of directors, so to speak, so you have a policing group that could vote on standards, policies, and who to include or kick out.

The problem you may likely end up with, though, as someone pretty much already stated, is that you'll likely be dealing with providers that don't do this full time (hence the reason for low customer counts) and therefore it may be quite difficult to coordinate things.

At any rate, it would take someone with excellent organizational skills to pull it off.

Ok I see what you doing then.

hmm...
    I might be interested in it...I could start another small Company...But as my current one is still small I better work on growing it first.

The idea is because most of the time the technical problems are because of downtime and etc which if it happens, all will be affected and thus will be managed by the main host. Other supports will include customer service and billing which I believe can be more easily monitored along the way as this happens like once in a month and have time to deal with and remedy.

For monitoring of abuse, of course, that will be crucial for the main host to dealt with and I would think the franchise method will ease up slightly more human resource so to speak. Wonder anyone agree with this point?

The point in fact that I am worry is that some member might use the name to get customer and then transfer to their "own" company or rival companies using some bad sheeps to ruin the name.

Well There are definitely issues no matter which business model you are going to apply but more importantly how to solve them smartly.

Free to contribute more ideas. Problems as well as solutions.

One Question: How large is your company currently? How many employees and clients do you have? What is your starting date?

All these allow the mini-hosts to gain trust in you. (dont take this post the wrong way, im just curious )

it says your domain was registered in March 04...

I am sure you might ask and many might have do their research on me.

I have started business in 2003 as business start-up assistant but found that web hosting is essential in the internet community and thus re-enforce the idea by creating the web-hosting site this year.

I do not expect anyone to give me the trust that you give to the FORTUNE500 because I am not. I hope that my sincerity and the service that I have provided to my clients will provide the point along the year.

The company is small in terms of employees because I am working with web designers, server administrators and programmers in an outsourcing way. They have been working with me for some time but they have their own trades.

However, I hope anyone who have read this post will realise that this is something I am drafting out for the year ahead. I make long term plans while I am growing day by day. So I am here to discuss and not really into serious recruitment as yet.

I really thank those who has contributed in one way or another and also appreciate those who take their interest to enquire.

Please feel free to talk to me more and I think that's the best way to win your trust rather than saying how good I am in a post.

Good Luck and Have a nice day.

I have about 10 clients that signed up through Word of Month within the month of April without advertisement and my traffic stats for my site has 1000visits within the first 2 weeks in April.

*In addition, I also have many other clients which approach me for business start-up advices that I would not mention.

I hope this little bits and pieces might help.

Hope to hear from you, johnathon.

Most of us start from small, for my side I started out with only about 20 clients. Small companies some close, some survive and grow big, never discount small companies. Microsoft was a two man show if my history is right? Most important small companies keep their promise, their services are good, they will grow to become big.

Thanks boon chuan indeed. Please rest assure that I am one who look for quality service. Just that I always look for new ideas whereby it can benefit the industry in one way or another.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    Most of us start from small, for my side I started out with only about 20 clients. Small companies some close, some survive and grow big, never discount small companies. Microsoft was a two man show if my history is right? Most important small companies keep their promise, their services are good, they will grow to become big.
    I totally agree...

And thanx for teh straigtforward honesty on your part acidbase

You are welcome John. I am here to improve. So there is nothing to hide.

With your attitude , u wont be part of this forum thread for long : )
    Good Services begets good Biz! I am sure u will join the Big Boys in a few years time!

Well, Thanks for your compliment, boonchuan.

It takes at least two hands to clap. So My ideas won't work if there is no response from it. I sincerely hope that there might be some kind souls who will assist along the way to that BROAD ROAD out there.

Appreciate all who has contributed.

It sounds like you want to start a franchise or co-operative.

That would be the model to go on I would think. But you would have to think carefully about how to divide up territory etc, and how to direct traffic to the satalite sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast