Plesk 7 Backup error

When i try to restore a backup file in plesk 7 i get the following error:

Unable to restore file: Error : domain_bu: Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/chillman.co.uk/Servermove Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/chillman.co.uk/Servermove
    Can some one help me?

James

Are you restoring it to a different server?

Gary

Yes it is moving from a server with version 7.0.0 to 7.0.2

James

As far as I know, you can't. It is signed off to certificate/key on the box you took the dump from. You can only restore it to the same server (though you could probably restore it via the shell to the new server). We haven't looked very closely at the backup feature after some initial problems with it, so you might have more luck asking on the Plesk forum about this.

Gary

With all the problems that Plesk has had with their backup solutions, do you think it would be best to use a third party backup program?

Yea im starting to think that thats the only thing i have niggles realy with when it comes to plesk is the backup system!
    other than that its a top control panel!

James
    James Chillman -UK Backup Limited
    www.ukbackup.com- Online Backup Offsite Backup, Backup Software

I'm having this problem too...did you find a solution? That's stupid that the backups won't work on a different server. Just stupid.

My solution was to purchase 4Psa's Total Backup for Plesk. Works great.

talian
    Chicago3D.Net

I think that i can change the properties from a file with php, ill try to change today, and i ll change my ip to another.

If my php works great, i'll send to you this file form free

Bye

What you asking for is not very difficult, I do a very large amount of migrations and backup restore. SW-Soft has the online documents that tell you how to do it.

http :// download1.sw-soft(dot)com/Plesk/Plesk7.1/Doc/html/plesk-7-reloaded-backup-restore/ch03.html#restore.clientbackup

It has to be done by the admin on commandline and has to be remapped to the new servers IP's. Moving from Plesk 7.0 to 7.0.2 to 7.0.5 are not issues. Going to 7.1 would be an issue.

For example, execute psarestore -f /root/psa_backup/client_backup --single-domain-mode --domain-name=client.domain.com --domain-ip=1.2.3.4 --clien-login=client to restore a domain named 'client.domain.com' from the client dump-file /root/psa_backup/client_backup for the client with login name 'client' at the IP address '1.2.3.4'.

James
    HQMG Management Systems

Thats kewl, I get this error:

ERROR
    Up LevelUp Level
    DumpsList::init() failed: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied
    0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/backup/dumps_list.php:2 psaerror(string "DumpsList::init() failed: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied")

Wow, there seem to be some other people with the same issue in the plesk forums. That is one I have not run into myself and I do plesk contract work for many datacenters as well as custom plesk work. Here is a link to the 2 threads ind plesks forums.

http: //forum.sw-soft(dot)com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=599070&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Without looking at your server I can not tell you what it is that is causeing the issue.

James
    HQMG Management Systems

Okay I fixed my issue myself, it is a permissions problem when you upgrade, here are the steps to fix it:

1. cd /var/lib/psa/dumps
    2. chown psaadm *
    3. chgrp psaadm *
    4. chown root mysql*
    5. chgrp root mysql*