Thread: Joker reseller?

Joker reseller?

Does anyone know of a Joker reseller that takes Switch/PayPal?

I have a domain that's expired with Joker, but can't pay to renew with my cc atm and Joker are ridiculously stubborn about available payment types. As a result, I'm after one of their resellers who accepts PayPal or Switch debit cards.

Thanks for any help.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

try trasnferring it away from joker to a reseller/registrar that supports paypal.

if its still in ACTIVE mode they might allow the transfer.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

domain names are registered for a reason

i saw a post regarding some one who wanted to get a domain name from someone else without just making them an offer. i had a situation like that . some one wanted my domain name and they were trying to get my registrar to give it to them by saying i was not using it, and it was just sitting there. but what this person did not know is that i had put over $60000 into advertising and developement of the site and made only $700 i would not appreciate after all that and after i had registered it first, for him to just take it because i could not afford to promote it any more at that time. he should do the right thing. make him an offer he was there first.

Re: domain names are registered for a reason

Originally posted by handsoff
    i saw a post regarding some one who wanted to get a domain name from someone else without just making them an offer. i had a situation like that . some one wanted my domain name and they were trying to get my registrar to give it to them by saying i was not using it, and it was just sitting there. but what this person did not know is that i had put over $60000 into advertising and developement of the site and made only $700 i would not appreciate after all that and after i had registered it first, for him to just take it because i could not afford to promote it any more at that time. he should do the right thing. make him an offer he was there first.
    I'm a tad bit confused as to the relevance of this statement.
    From my understanding the original poster is looking to transfer a domain they have registered to a cheaper solution or am I misreading their post?

demonmoo is right - I just need to renew my domain, but can't use my credit card atm and Joker don't take paypal or switch. It's in their extra 30 day period, so I need to do it through Joker or a Joker reseller.

Originally posted by adamp
    demonmoo is right - I just need to renew my domain, but can't use my credit card atm and Joker don't take paypal or switch. It's in their extra 30 day period, so I need to do it through Joker or a Joker reseller.
    Ask someone you trust ( brother / sister / friend ..etc ) to renew it for you and you pay him / her

Other idea is to use Bashar's idea , transfer the domain to another registrar ( namecheap.com or registerfly.com accept paypal) , also enom itself accept paypal but for only resellers .
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

Joker won't let me transfer it as when a domain expires they add an extra month on when you can renew it with them for the normal price (before the 30-day redemption period kicks in). They 'pay' for that extra month so they won't let you transfer out during that time.

so ask a friend to renew them for you

Looks like I'll have to, but I thought I'd see if Joker actually had any resellers first so I wouldn't have to cause my friends hassle.

another idea is to call ( email ) Joker asking them for a list of their resellres then search if they support paypal or not ,, some registrars (like OpenSRS ) publish a list of their resellres , but I don't know about Joker

Yeah, I asked the Joker support guy for a list of their resellers and he just never replied.

Just as a mildly interesting update on this, I was eventually able to transfer the domain away from Joker. I'd started the their (somewhat drawn-out) transfer process before they'd switched the domain to "not-renewed.joker.com", but I'd kind of given up on it as the 10 day open period was after the domain went into Joker's control.

The window opened and I thought I'd try the transfer anyway and to my surprise it worked. Seems as long as you initiate the transfer before it goes into Joker's extra 30-day hold it can still be transferred out despite their FAQ suggesting you can't.

Originally posted by honestman
    another idea is to call ( email ) Joker asking them for a list of their resellres then search if they support paypal or not ,, some registrars (like OpenSRS ) publish a list of their resellres , but I don't know about Joker
    Typical joker support.

I'm trying to transfer a domain away from them.
    How'd you do it ? It's still a year away from expiring and I just received my second transfer-timeout
    Hosting for Web Designers

Web Hosting Articles |

It should send you an email to tell you once your 10 day transfer window is open and you then go to your new registrar and initiate a transfer there.

The new registrar will check with Joker and find it's available for transfer and it should go through within a few days.

There's an FAQ on the process at Joker somewhere.