Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Joker reseller?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50

    Joker reseller?

    Does anyone know of a Joker reseller that takes Switch/PayPal?

    I have a domain that's expired with Joker, but can't pay to renew with my cc atm and Joker are ridiculously stubborn about available payment types. As a result, I'm after one of their resellers who accepts PayPal or Switch debit cards.

    Thanks for any help.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    10,573
    try trasnferring it away from joker to a reseller/registrar that supports paypal.

    if its still in ACTIVE mode they might allow the transfer.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

    Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

  3. #3

    domain names are registered for a reason

    i saw a post regarding some one who wanted to get a domain name from someone else without just making them an offer. i had a situation like that . some one wanted my domain name and they were trying to get my registrar to give it to them by saying i was not using it, and it was just sitting there. but what this person did not know is that i had put over $60000 into advertising and developement of the site and made only $700 i would not appreciate after all that and after i had registered it first, for him to just take it because i could not afford to promote it any more at that time. he should do the right thing. make him an offer he was there first.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    959

    Re: domain names are registered for a reason

    Originally posted by handsoff
    i saw a post regarding some one who wanted to get a domain name from someone else without just making them an offer. i had a situation like that . some one wanted my domain name and they were trying to get my registrar to give it to them by saying i was not using it, and it was just sitting there. but what this person did not know is that i had put over $60000 into advertising and developement of the site and made only $700 i would not appreciate after all that and after i had registered it first, for him to just take it because i could not afford to promote it any more at that time. he should do the right thing. make him an offer he was there first.
    I'm a tad bit confused as to the relevance of this statement.
    From my understanding the original poster is looking to transfer a domain they have registered to a cheaper solution or am I misreading their post?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    demonmoo is right - I just need to renew my domain, but can't use my credit card atm and Joker don't take paypal or switch. It's in their extra 30 day period, so I need to do it through Joker or a Joker reseller.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  6. #6
    Originally posted by adamp
    demonmoo is right - I just need to renew my domain, but can't use my credit card atm and Joker don't take paypal or switch. It's in their extra 30 day period, so I need to do it through Joker or a Joker reseller.
    Ask someone you trust ( brother / sister / friend ..etc ) to renew it for you and you pay him / her

    Other idea is to use Bashar's idea , transfer the domain to another registrar ( namecheap.com or registerfly.com accept paypal) , also enom itself accept paypal but for only resellers .
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

    Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    Joker won't let me transfer it as when a domain expires they add an extra month on when you can renew it with them for the normal price (before the 30-day redemption period kicks in). They 'pay' for that extra month so they won't let you transfer out during that time.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  8. #8
    so ask a friend to renew them for you
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

    Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    Looks like I'll have to, but I thought I'd see if Joker actually had any resellers first so I wouldn't have to cause my friends hassle.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  10. #10
    another idea is to call ( email ) Joker asking them for a list of their resellres then search if they support paypal or not ,, some registrars (like OpenSRS ) publish a list of their resellres , but I don't know about Joker
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

    Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    Yeah, I asked the Joker support guy for a list of their resellers and he just never replied.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    Just as a mildly interesting update on this, I was eventually able to transfer the domain away from Joker. I'd started the their (somewhat drawn-out) transfer process before they'd switched the domain to "not-renewed.joker.com", but I'd kind of given up on it as the 10 day open period was after the domain went into Joker's control.

    The window opened and I thought I'd try the transfer anyway and to my surprise it worked. Seems as long as you initiate the transfer before it goes into Joker's extra 30-day hold it can still be transferred out despite their FAQ suggesting you can't.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    104
    Originally posted by honestman
    another idea is to call ( email ) Joker asking them for a list of their resellres then search if they support paypal or not ,, some registrars (like OpenSRS ) publish a list of their resellres , but I don't know about Joker
    Typical joker support.

    I'm trying to transfer a domain away from them.
    How'd you do it ? It's still a year away from expiring and I just received my second transfer-timeout
    Hosting for Web Designers

    Web Hosting Articles |

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50
    It should send you an email to tell you once your 10 day transfer window is open and you then go to your new registrar and initiate a transfer there.

    The new registrar will check with Joker and find it's available for transfer and it should go through within a few days.

    There's an FAQ on the process at Joker somewhere.
    http://www.iwdev.net - Web Design & Development

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •