Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So Eryxma went belly up on me...

After being totally hosed by Totally Hosted, I went to Eryxma because everyone on this forum had good things to say.

Everything was fine and I never had a problem until I found out that they were bought out by Glexicon, which after searching through some older posts, doesn't sound like all that great a place to be.

So I am looking for suggestion of good webhosts to check out. The kind of webhose that stays quiet, keeps the sites up, and the only time I have to contact them is to pay the bills (which should be automatic).

Any suggestions?

yes do a web hosting request
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

I could, but I want user impressions not a sales pitch. I don't want vendor making offers right now. I just want to get a good idea about which hosts are well respected on this forum.

What plan do you have on Eryxma? This will direct people recommedation to you.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by FHDave
    What plan do you have on Eryxma? This will direct people recommedation to you.
    Good point. Right now, despite the fact I don't even scratch the surface of it, I had their $14 plan that gave 1GB of space and 40GB of bandwidth.

I am looking of something similar.

$14!

You can do way better.

http://www.findmyhosting.com

sungodess, that isn't really helpful as he wants recommendations. And just a note, you can't recommend yourself

id recommend glexicon.com, they are great people their Rob is a legend and has alwyas helped me out be throuhg AIM, MSN, EMAIL. He knows what he is doing and ensures he gets it done well. Also an outstanding guy, got alot of respect for him he is running a very efficent business and he also has big plans for the future showing that he is here for the long run.

Their web site is down atm cause their are some big stuff happening their new . With eryxma ben transfered to them id say it is a change for the beter, things may be a little slow this weekend, but they have how very impressive and expensive servers.

Just talking to Rob stuff is almost moved for eryxma clients, things should be running smoothly very soon, if not already are. If you send an email in dont be surpirsed if their is a little bit of a delayed response these are just humans and are having to respond to thousdands of emails.

Good point. Right now, despite the fact I don't even scratch the surface of it, I had their $14 plan that gave 1GB of space and 40GB of bandwidth.
    Too cheap for a quality set up - full stop
    Their web site is down atm cause their are some big stuff happening their new .
    If they know what hey're doing their main website won't be down at all.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'd recommend someone, but as I recommended all of my friends to try Eryxma, I seem to be the kiss of death. I now am diversified over two webhosts, and am having support/customer service issues. So... uhm.. I can recommend who NOT to go with.

You can do way better.

http://www.findmyhosting.com
    Just because someone advertises unlimited anything for free that doesn't mean its true. There's a limit to how cheap things can be... Use common sense... 14$ is cheap enough for that much. Too cheap even, as Fiero knows now.

Me too

I used eryxma too... And now apparently there's some question as to whether Robert is Jousee as well.

So, does anyone have any good recommendations? I need about 250GB and 1GB transfer...

My boyfriend uses icdsoft.com and he hasn't had any problems for the 1.5 years he's bene with them. But, then again, I hadn't had any problems with Erxma in the 1.5 years I was with them either.

I seem to collect bad hosting companies by checking their own webpages and such... Hopefully some of you can give me some ideas!

I'd stay with Glexicon, but i'm concerned I'm going to get burned twice by the same person!

**** eryxma stole my money a week ago for a year

http://www.jaguarpc.com/?loc=default

Has a new plan 1000MB storage and 45GB transfer
    $9.95/month or less if you pay for a year or 2 in advance
    They have a good reputation from my research
    I signed up with them a couple of weeks ago

Re: Me too

Originally posted by ladymacb29
    I used eryxma too... And now apparently there's some question as to whether Robert is Jousee as well.

So, does anyone have any good recommendations? I need about 250GB and 1GB transfer...

My boyfriend uses icdsoft.com and he hasn't had any problems for the 1.5 years he's bene with them. But, then again, I hadn't had any problems with Erxma in the 1.5 years I was with them either.

I seem to collect bad hosting companies by checking their own webpages and such... Hopefully some of you can give me some ideas!

I'd stay with Glexicon, but i'm concerned I'm going to get burned twice by the same person!
    Do you mean 250MB instead of 250GB?

Oops, yeah - 250MB.

I used the 'get a quote' thing at the top of this site and got several good offers - right now I'm playing 'wait and see' as I had paid through September...

Ugh, it just seems like I have the worst luck with hosts! They'll work fine for me for a year or two then BAM! It ends up being something fraudulent...

Eryxma was great while it was up. It's too bad thing went like they did.

I also have a bunch of great offers but I am going to wait a day or two and see what Glexicon offers. They have posted NOTHING about their prices.

WHAT A BUNCH OF LIES!

Originally posted by TimMuhl
    id recommend glexicon.com, they are great people their Rob is a legend and has alwyas helped me out be throuhg AIM, MSN, EMAIL. He knows what he is doing and ensures he gets it done well. Also an outstanding guy, got alot of respect for him he is running a very efficent business and he also has big plans for the future showing that he is here for the long run.

Their web site is down atm cause their are some big stuff happening their new . With eryxma ben transfered to them id say it is a change for the beter, things may be a little slow this weekend, but they have how very impressive and expensive servers.

Just talking to Rob stuff is almost moved for eryxma clients, things should be running smoothly very soon, if not already are. If you send an email in dont be surpirsed if their is a little bit of a delayed response these are just humans and are having to respond to thousdands of emails.
    YOU ARE SO BUSTED TIM
    goto: forums.glexicon.com/member.php?u=2

tmuhl
    Super Moderator

Tim Muhl
    Technical Support Staff
    Glexicon Communications

I'm thinking more and more as we watch the Eryxma debacle unfold that Tim, Joe Shirekon (aka 18 year old Josee from Eryxma), and Robert Hinojosa (aka rhinojosa ....sounds like Josee to me...could it be the same guy???).

HOW SLEAZY ARE YOU GUYS?

Stay away from Eryxma and Glexicon.

Since you state "autopay", I'm assuming you paid Eryxma with your credit card. I'd get a refund ASAP by complaining to your credit card company!

it is a shame to see all these people get screwed over and i agree with the above statement, i too think that RHinojosa is beginning more & more to sound like the boy Josee

Stay away from Eryxma & Glexicon, a little more research will find you a much better host

A little research shows that Robert Hinojosa is the name of a very prominent attorney in Houston, Texas.

It's all about aliases for Eryxma and Glexicon:
    Google search: binaris +Shiekron and select the cached page

Partick (support for Eryxma) = Wes Trevino (real name)
    Joe Shirekon (CEO Eryxma) = Josee

I wonder what the Glexicon folks real names are?

what's up w/ glexicon
    site seems down

Originally posted by shraz
    what's up w/ glexicon
    site seems down
    Noticed the same thing. My two Eryxma accounts were to be transferred to cs3.gxn.us, which wasn't even scheduled to be up and complete until tomorrow. It appears that everyything is down. I can't even ping either the main site or any of the new servers.

I was willing to give them a chance, but I am starting to have a lot of doubts, and have started a search for a new host.

Oh NO!! all my 3 sites are down again.. that's really frustrating!

even the glexicon main site is down!

sigh...

My site was down too, but just came back up within the last 10 minutes.

Their main site is still down.

At the moment, I think I'll stay with Glexicon until (at least) time to renew (September). However, if something else happens, I think I'm gonna desert the ship.

As to Robert = Josee - is there any way to tell this concretely? I had Josee on AIM once to try and fix things and he was quite rude (which, I guess hindsight being 20/20 should have clued me in), but Robert's seemed to not have the same tempermant form what I've seen of his writing, so I'm disinclined to think they're the same person.

I just lost a client over the whole mess.

Time for a new webhost.
    Last edited by Fiero; 04-22-2004 at 01:19 AM.

any idea how I could gain my domain registra back
    since it was purchase with Eryxma they put their stupid contact in it for everything
    help? =[

Go on the Glexicon forum and talk to them. I had the same thing happen when Totally Hosted became Mysitesonline.com. Mysites went and got my domain info and registered it. They were actually pretty good about it.

Next time, use Godaddy or something similar and register your own domains. I will NEVER let a webhost do it for me again.

Well, I am going to contact Glexicon and have them cancle my account. I am switching to Lunarpages.com. I was VERY tempted to go with netspaceinternet.com, but I want to go to a site with a large userbase. If they are still around come next year, I might look into them for my other sites, in particular, any reselling.

Now, lets see how well Glexicon handles my account when I tell them to cancle it.

Originally posted by ladymacb29
    My site was down too, but just came back up within the last 10 minutes.

Their main site is still down.

At the moment, I think I'll stay with Glexicon until (at least) time to renew (September). However, if something else happens, I think I'm gonna desert the ship.

As to Robert = Josee - is there any way to tell this concretely? I had Josee on AIM once to try and fix things and he was quite rude (which, I guess hindsight being 20/20 should have clued me in), but Robert's seemed to not have the same tempermant form what I've seen of his writing, so I'm disinclined to think they're the same person.
    If Robert is Josee, his command of the English language has improved 10 fold overnight! I don't know if that's possible!

Just a thought on the Identity Theory.

I remember Joe's english was poor while Patrick uses good english in his resignation post. I have not read enough from Robert to determine his english abilities.

If these guys are the same guy, he will not be able to hide the fact that he does not write english well.

Does anyone know if Robert writes in good english?

partherton, I think we hit enter at the same time.

Robert's english is excellent. In fact, many a time did I think about trying to write a polite note to Eryxma indicating that they might be better off if they let Robert do all the reporting back to users, especially on their forums. There were several instances where Joe caused confusion because his words were either not sufficiently precise, or because I thought he used the wrong word.

Originally posted by w0rn
    Partick (support for Eryxma) = Wes Trevino (real name)
    Please read the "Eryxma Down [Merged]" thread. As a matter of fact, you can go straight to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...0&pagenumber=5 and save some time.

Patrick Lacrosse=Wes Trevino !?!?! I must admit that I'm surprised. Where did you find that?

Edit: OK, found it. http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:...evino%22&hl=en

Hmmm, March 13, 2004. At that time, Patrick said that he was the only one behind the support desk.

While this is all crazy, I can say with 95% certainty that Robert and "Joe" are two different people. You can never be 100% sure on the net, but they're about as different as two people can be. I've spoken to both of them steady for about 2 years.

Unless... Joe Shiekron/Josuee Won/Joe Shang has a multiple personality disorder and Robert is an alternate. But from what I understand of MPD, they don't interact like that.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

nova9 & shraZ, thanks for all your work on this crap. We need to start a support group.

You know what pisses me off, is I knew there was no Eryxma Gaming Cafe, I tried to look it up once and just assumed the malls weren't up to date. Why are these people chronic liars????!

Why are there so many made up personalities.. They spend more time and energy making up characters, then it would take to be good hosting service.

Is there anyone in Houston to check to see if they are incorporated?

I had 2 plans on Eryxma, both VPS. I'm screwed. Only the Cpanel people have gotten their stuff back? I'm stuck here with things I need online right now, but oh well. I don't even know what I'll do ={

I am also 95% sure Robert, Shang/Joe/Josuee, and Wes are three high school friends and they scam folks once with Tacid. And now with the great Eryxma/Glexicon fiasco of 2004.

I am pretty sure one of them (Robert) turned 18 and wanted to make Eryxma legit ("Sheikron" was a minor for much of the time), hence the brilliant Eryxma hand-off.

To Josuee I say "f-you" and Houston AG is 713-223-5886
    To Robert I say "cya" and you can't claim to "acquire" a business without real problems now that you say you have no obligations. Oh, and read the last part above.

pardon my interruption.

I am also a customer from eryxma and am suffering from the fact that the site went up and down over the days

I have since moved to a new hosting provider deonixhosting.com
    and all my sites are up and running again.

The support at deonixhosting.com are extremely helpful and they did everything to help me restored my site, even with they are unable to have access to my data at my old account

all my 3 sites are up and running now... and I promised them referrals when my sites are up..

That's why I am here to strong recommend their service to you.. you may or may not want to mention "hanleong" (my name) when you approach them for a discussion...

Cheers
    Warmly
    Hanleong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast