Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* Datapacket = christian Host???

Some people wont stop to do fraud. All over this forum there are posts about the datapacket.net fraud. (just run a search) but the last turn is too much.
    Now they claim themserves a CHRISTIAN HOST!!! That is obscene.

Christian Web Hosting.

Data Packet Networks is a Christian web hosting company. A company managed on Biblical principles. Data Packet like so many others, strives for excellence in service and quality. What distinguishes us, we believe, is our primary motivation for this.

We strive for excellence to bring glory to God. We believe that God is pleased when we do an excellent job for our customers and help out our employees. When it comes right down to it, all business is personal, even something like web hosting. Data Packet has the opportunity and resources to provide very low-cost hosting services to help people all over the world gain a internet presence whether for fun, personal use or business use. We hope you will join us.

� Owners Brian and Carla Bennett.
    I find the using of God as merchandise disgusting and unacceptable.
    There are hundreds of real christian hosts. and I trully hope no one falls in the claws of this Unethical person

That is pretty sad.

http://datapacket.net/
    http://datapacket.net/about.asp

Sick & Twisted is more like it.

Must have watched "The Passion of The Christ" one too many times...

Don't get hung up on what they claim, didn't you say in a few other threads here that they made many other claims that were not true?

There are people who are Christian yet they don't act like they are.
    There are people who are not Christian, yet act more like Christians than some Christians I have met.
    Then there are Christians who try their best to act like Christians.

In the end, God will determine if their claims are the right ones or not...

I find the using of God as merchandise disgusting and unacceptable.
    I sort of took heat from Christian members in another thread about Church websites and Christian business ethics -- I was trying to (apparently unsucessfully) prove that operating in a secular business environment is the best way to go.

A good statement Watcher.

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Don't get hung up on what they claim, didn't you say in a few other threads here that they made many other claims that were not true?

There are people who are not Christian, yet act more like Christians than some Christians I have met.

You are must right, I just got upseted by such , well I do not have words.

and I still find their attitude disgusting.

You have to lack any sense of decency to do something like that.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

It's sick, but it might work (for them)...

I feel like emailing them to ask if they accept adult content (Christian adult content of course).

I think it allways depends on how it is being used. If someone is using this claim to be Christian as a way to try to encourage other Christians to use their service purely for marketing purposes then it is indeed deplorable.

However, perhaps they genuinely are Christian and consider themselves to be Christian? Perhaps we should not be too quick to judge others with regard to their religious beliefs.

The fact remains they are having a rubbish reputation and people have nothing much to say good about them, but does that mean that they are not Christian?

I'm not making any statements as I don't know but I'm trying to point out the alternatives.

I don't know anything about that host, so I'm quite ignorant about what it is everyone is in an uproar about.

However, I agree that it is questionable at the very least to use faith as a marketing tool. Though I would affiliate myself with the Christian religion - and protestants in particular - I've never chosen a Christian webhost, as I've never thought that a similarity in faith was a good reason to make that kind of business decision. And who is to say they're not trying to sucker Christians into buying their services? I know from personal experience that churches are often the most ignorant organizations when it comes to making good technology-related purchasing decisions. Obviously, most of them can't afford an IT department, so it's hardly surprising that they get burned so much - or at the very least get stuck with a second-rate product or service.

One of the best hiring decisions my member-church ever made was to hire a facilities administrator who has a strong, intuitive understanding of technology. The result is that they have made excellent tech-related purchases, and haven't been biased about buying from a vendor just because they are "Christian."

And since I'm too lazy to do a WHT search, would somebody tell me what DataPacket did to screw up their reputation so much?

I do not believe that it is used as a marketing tool. Is it now wrong to say what you believe? I will comment on this topic later.
    Dimensity Web Enterprises - ..::host.exception.dimension::..
    dimensity.net | dimensity.biz | dimensity.info | support[at]dimensity.net

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI

Well said.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

This Brian Bennett is a guy running a hosting business from his dsl connection and that is the tip of the lies. He is a Proved Lier (the BBB cant even find him).
    He has defrauded several members of this community, (I cant imagine how many more outside it), and of course using religious motifs is insulting for me because I see a lier using my religion to keep on with his scam.
    this is just one of the multiple threads:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=15206

Originally posted by johonbravo
    I do not believe that it is used as a marketing tool. Is it now wrong to say what you believe? I will comment on this topic later.
    It is certanly not wrong.
    I just do not find datapacket an example of Christian attutude: let me quote them:
    Data Packet Networks is a Christian web hosting company. A company managed on Biblical principles. Data Packet like so many others, strives for excellence in service and quality. What distinguishes us, we believe, is our primary motivation for this.
    They just changed the site a couple of days ago, you can see the old one here (at google) after several other years of cheating on people (a very christian act I guess)
    This kind of turn, is an evident cheap marketing strategy. The constant appeal to faith and the unrespectfull use of Jesus image is what is wrong. It has nothing to do with stating your beleifs.

But in the end I agree with Watcher_TVI:

It really shouldn't surprise anyone here, should it.

Although there are some hosts that abide by such a standard and live it (i have seen it first hand), God ultimately does weigh the heart. I will tell you this... there will be many who use the name as a marketing tool and even 'Christians' that God will have nothing to do with (matthew 7:23).

I'm not going to get into it, but lets use this example to see how we are walking our own 'faith/worldview' so to speak. We all know the right things to say, don't we, yet there is no heart in it. Don't let whatever you believe become a mockery to the faith; walk it and live it authentically.

I find it a little entertaining actually given the wide variety of christian, muslim, and 'assorted' religious websites we host that people actually try to 'push' that angle. akashik is based on a (mis-spelt) Zen Bhuddist philosophy, though it's not a direct belief anyone here holds to as a primary source of 'faith', but rather it's similarity to the internet in general.

While I tend to agree everyone needs an 'angle' to stick out from the crowd, claiming to be a christian host is neither original, nor rare.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

After I read what DPN said more closely I see that they should not have said what they did. I would be fine with them saying that they are Christian, and If they said they are honest, but using Christianity as a reason to be honest ans reliable no.

I myself am Christian (Protestant) and so at first My human nature put me on the defensive as it was against the "Christian" host...But now I see that DPN is just using this as a tool to get signups.

I believe it is wrong to do this.

They could, however, target Christian orginizations for hosting Church Sites, Mission Sites, etc... and then put what they believe up, but that would be different as they are specifically targeting people with the same beliefs and then they are just "sharing" common ground with them...but how they are doing it is targeting everyone with their propaganda...then not even living up to their own self proclaimed standards.

If anybody ever does a google search of that company they will find a whole host of negative comments. I was amazed to see that they have upset one individual so much that the has devoted an "entire website" to his "argument" with this company? Thats pretty unusual to find such strong feeling in a small company like that one.

they changed back. lol.

wow an entire website?? whats the URL?

I myself, think it's highly unprofessional with a few American companies using Christianity as a selling point. It is highly unprofessional to say the least. My customers are Muslim, Christian, Athiest, Jewish etc etc. Why would I need to diverse that we are religious?

Sorry...but religion and business don't got together. It's a total put off for me. I could mention one big shared / reseller company on here where their website has a whole page devoted to Christianity.

Spare it...please

Everyone is entitled to you beliefs. Work and religion are two seperate matters though.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Well, after all this discussion, I guess datapacket got the messege. He removed relligious materials from their site.

I think this is a little victory for decency

Gosh, its amazing how many people read these sites then. Although I havn't seen any posts from the *company in question* of late.

Originally posted by [inx]Olly
    Sorry...but religion and business don't got together.
    I would have to disagree my religion/relationship with Jesus Christ is a basis for everything I do.
    AfterHim.com
    The Ultimate Website for Christian Men!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast