Whats the best kind of connection u can get?

I am not sure about hosting connections, people tell me multiple OC's work great, but I am not sure what an OC is. AHAHAHA. I know it is a line and a backbone for most interenet connections I believe, or maybe I am just stupid...

Is this for personal use? or for a DC?

OC192 is the largest I believe and that can shift a heck of a lot.
    -- Matthew

I mean for a dedicated server to have, whats a good speed to have, I have seen many places with OC192, someone said OC3...does that exist...or is it slower...

It might be a lot cheaper to colo this box in a DC and use their connections. Depending on how many Gb's per month you plan on transfering they could give you a pretty good price. It just depends what you want to do with the box.
    -- Matthew

largest i've seen is oc-768.

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...294572,00.html

OC-768 is currently the fastest synchronous optical network (SONET) standard rate for data transmission on optical fiber as part of the broadband ISDN (BISDN). OC stands for optical carrier and the number affixed is the multiple of the base rate bandwidth of 51.85 Mbps. OC-768 supports rates of 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) on a fiber optic carrier, a rate that translates to the equivalent of seven CD-ROM's worth of data in one second. Developed to meet ever-growing demands for bandwidth, OC-768 uses dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) to carry multiple channels of data on a single optic fiber. New DWDM systems are now in development to run at at 10 trillion bits per second (10 Tbps) per fiber. This translates into the theoretical capability of one fiber to support, simultaneously, an active Internet connection to every household in the U.S.

John L, when people are using those terms it usually means that is the line that their network and/or servers are plugged into. The actual speed you get from your server to the net is different.

Isn't OC-768 ment to be the fastest

Isn't OC-768 ment to be the fastest
    At one time, i imagine oc-12 was meant to be the fastest. Technology is constantly evolving, and by now, there's probably something that is faster than oc-768 .

For now but technology is keeping a steady pace and may exceed our needs with yet another breakthrough.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?