Thread: SSL Certs

SSL Certs

Hello,

Any preference on thawte or geotrust certs for 128 bit?

Also, anyone know why ev1 can sell them for $50 when they list for $159 on geotrust web site?

Thanks!

I am not sure with out researching. There are different options when purchasing to how much insurance you get with the cert. They have price bands saying... sites doing this much per transaction on average or something like that.
    -- Matthew

EV1 is a reseller and they sell in large quantity so GeoTrust profits in the long run.

I personally got mine from EV1 and everything went off without a hitch.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Yes - get them from EV1. They have signed up with Geotrust & Chained SSL as a reseller. They have a great partnership deal with the two companies - that is one way in which they can offer a great price

Go with EV1. It's easy as pie.

Also you can sign up as a reseller with Geotrust, the larger amount of business you do with them. Though I'm pretty sure EV1 made a special deal with them, becaues GeoTrusts reseller program sells them to you for 119.

I think that the only real advantage that Thawte and Verisign have over other companies is the name recognition. The only reason I shelled out the extra money and went with a Thawte SSL cert is because I felt that my targeted audience would feel more secure seeing the Thawte SSL stamp; obviously for most people the best choice is going with the cheaper one (geotrust).