hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Design and Content : Why Doesn't Hemera Accept Paypal

Forum Jump

Why Doesn't Hemera Accept Paypal

Reply Post New Thread In Web Design and Content Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Angry

Why Doesn't Hemera Accept Paypal

Sorry about this, just a bit of my personal whining. It really isn't fair is it? It seems you need a credit card for everything these days even amazon.com, most ironically overstock.com accepts paypal but your paypal account MUST be verified with a credit card there goes my chance to get that michelle kwan book or any royalty free photos.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Web Hosting Master

PayPal is a 3rd party payment system, no one has to support it, and in fact most of the large e-commerce sites don't tend to. I guess many of them have their own fraud protection routines which they can't use if they had paypal support.

Old 04-17-2004, 11:17 AM
WHT Addict

::
It's always amazed me how so few companies accept PayPal. I would spend a fortune at Amazon if they did...

...losers!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Web Hosting Master

Just get a bank card (debit)

Old 04-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Community Leader

Thing about PayPal is that it's really easy to get charged back on a purchase. They tend to believe the buyer in most transactions, without any real evidence. Makes it hard to keep the money you make.

Old 04-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Web Hosting Master

Companies can accept what ever payments they want at the end of the day. They can choose paypal or not if they like. Nothing mandatory about having paypal on your site.

Old 04-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by bear
Thing about PayPal is that it's really easy to get charged back on a purchase. They tend to believe the buyer in most transactions, without any real evidence. Makes it hard to keep the money you make.
Which is why none of my companies will accept PayPal for anything. While end users love PayPal, in my experience, they have very little credibility with businesses.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Paypal is limited to few countries. So if merchant wants to accept clients from around the world he must use something else

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
EBay Buys Braintree, PayPal Offers Small Business Loans Web Hosting News 2013-09-26 12:14:40
PayPal Nears Braintree Acquisition Deal: Report Web Hosting News 2013-09-23 14:03:32
PayPal UK IPN Issues Impact Web Hosts, Users Web Hosting News 2013-02-01 09:34:43
WordPress Now Accepts Bitcoin Payments for Customer Upgrades Web Hosting News 2012-11-16 14:39:26
CIRA Warns .CA Registrants of Fake Domain Renewal Email Phishing Scam Web Hosting News 2012-08-10 11:02:44