Unsuccesful backordering with GoDaddy

if your backorder is not successful, it can be reassigned to another domain name
    That's from GoDaddy's Terms for backordering.
    Does someone out there know how it exactly works?
    What I mean is how many times or for how long can a backorder be reassigned to another domain name?
    In theory that could go on and on forever, and that reminds me of unlimited webspace/unlimited bandwidth/lifelong hosting/etc.

Hi,

Look into www.pool.com. They have a higher success rate at securing backordered domains, and after the first domain you backorder, there are no upfront fees to be paid before you backorder a domain. I.e. you pay a $60 registration fee which is then used as a credit for the first domain, then if you backorder a second domain you only pay when the domain is successfully retrieved.

Best,

Jo
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

u can switch to another domain forever until your subscription is expired (1year)
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

trust me. From personal experience you will need it too! Grab the Lysol cause GD BO stinks.

Originally posted by acts837
    trust me. From personal experience you will need it too! Grab the Lysol cause GD BO stinks.
    Domain Maven

Glad to see somebody appreciates my dry humor. Usually only my wife (18 years and counting) laughs at my jokes.

Varies by user's experience. Someof my best domains have come from Godaddy's backorders.

Sold my Snaps, used GD backorder instead - now 2 for 2!
    2 successful GoDaddy backorders in a row - waiting on four more.

Got sick and tired of failures with Snapnames ! ! ! ! !

No nightmare stories like I'm hearing with NameWinner either - smooth quick and simple!
    http://www.domainstate.com/showthrea...korder+godaddy
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

you can search here and see how godaddy used to be a winner, it got me so many good names in the past even beaten snapnames and enom drop club.

but since pool came to the market they have no chance at all
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Bashar, they do win. Better than club drop from my personal lists and comparing winners. Pool has significantly more resources, but look at the price. 10,000$ for many domains? I remember godaddy won native.com and that was sold for $10,000. Wouldnt be much profit had it been won at pool
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

godaddy also won ouch.com
    and snapnames i think won zg.com back then.

all sold for nice amount of money, its nice to catch a domain using non-auction system makes good profit

Hi Bashar!

u can switch to another domain forever until your subscription is expired (1year)
    According to the above, I can change how indefinetely, but not for more than a year, unless I renew the subscription paying the relevant fee?!
    If I understand correctly, it's unlimited if I keep paying the yearly fee, right?

As far as the chances of winning are concerned, I suppose it's a matter of luck. From what I read I understand that a handful of registrars have most of the chances.
    For the choice it also probably depends on how much important is the name.
    If it's very important you'll have to bid, in case you need to beat some likely competition, if it's not that important to you and you also don't think that there's going to be someone wanting it, you might as well pay the fixed amount for a BO and hope nobody else goes for it.
    I don't really know, my opinion is rather more a question to you guys that have some experience.

Thanks Bashar, and the others too!

PS: I've never heard of Lysol, I'm going to check now.

Lysol?
    Hahahahahaha......

yes you can switch to other domains till you grap one

kohashi - How recent have you been using GD BO? What were the quality of the names? Maybe a year ago but now even with BlueRazor they are just taking peoples money almost like expirefish.

acts: look at the link i just gave. This is within the last few days. I stopped really chasing most drops long ago and have moved elsewhere. The fact is though, I still see them winning. Do you really expect godaddy's 3 registrars for the cost of 12.30$ to be beating pool's over 16 registrars (last i checked) with them earning tens of thousands of dollars on names and 60 minimum? Be realisitic here, from what i am seeing, they win a good bit for their size and pricing.

Maybe but not with the 10 BOs I have/had with them. And I paid more than $12.30

Some people just have all the luck I guess. You feel lucky? Use GD BO

there is no chance for godaddy infront of pool, they use neat technology i think.

for others like enom and namewinner it really depend on the bid, so $15 bid at NW is not like $15,000 closing bid

and i think pool see if the name is so good they use multiple registrars to grap it, otherwise they spread domains on registrars they have to avoid the big loop to grap all names (since each registrar has only 40 connections to the registry)

Again, Godaddy wont beat pool often, but it will beat it for a few names. But in the end.... it wont matter because of WLS.

what is WLS?
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

Waiting List Service from Verisign which is a service you subscribe and try to register a domain if it drops you are the next 100% assured owner.

thats only for .com and .net

and this is their end user website
    https://www.nextregistrationrights.com/

Good grief that is a very decent service now all I need is to find a very good domain which will expire next month.. lol

Thank you for the information Bashar.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

mdadnan, this service isnt active yet. It will coming soon though... unfortunately. But finding an available one for a good domain... good luck.