Sony Clie, What Do You Think?

Hello,
    I'm interested in purchasing the Sony Clie for business purposes. The link to the features etc.. is http://www.sony.com.au/clie/catalog/...tegoryId=22105 . What do you think, any experiances?

Kindest Regards,
    Justin Khoury

I used one before. Worked great, never encountered any problems. I liked the ability to use memory sticks; worked out well for certain things. IMO, if you're going to use it, it's worth it.

Regards,
    Waylon

Using a UX-40 here heavily. Very nice little machine

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Was thinking about getting one of thse in about 8 weeks. Not sure yet, either get a sony one or a hp.

I have the Clie PEG-SJ33.. got a great deal on it at NewEgg, went to Amazon and some bargain stores for add-ons. It's a very nice little machine to play with.

Go for the TJ37. It's got wifi, mp3 and a little camera built in. It's not very expensive either - $419 CAD right now.

I'm using mine to telnet into my server, control my WinXP box by VNC, do email, etc! I've also got it loaded up with all the street maps of my area.

I never thought I would have any use for a 0.3 megapixel camera, but it's actually very useful. It's like always having a polaroid with you. The pix don't look that great but they are sharp enough for "happy snaps" to email to friends, copies of documents, etc.

Note that memory stick memory is double the price of all other types of flash memory.

I used to have one, and I loved it but now I'm going for a Pocket PC so I can play age of empires on it

I've used both Palm OS and Windows CE, I perfect Pocket PC's over the Palm PDAs because they have more functionality and a better presentation.
    Don't look for a way out.

I have one and love it.
    josh

Thanks for the replies guys, that helped alot.
    sightz that may interest me and there's obviously not much of a price difference between them. Can you guys list what you like most about the Clie. Right now it's a toss between the TJ37 and PEG-SJ33 but i doubt the PEG-SJ33 will come close, just curious. Regards,
    Justin Khoury

I think the TJ37 is a great deal. Every day I am shocked and surprised by what it can do. You've gotta see it "running" WinXP thru VNC - VERRRy cool!

Some things to watch out for:
    -it really only has 23 megs of free memory. the other 9 megs are for swapfile/caching/something-or-other.
    -Picsel viewer (which is amazing) is very buggy and crashes every time you open it if you have dared to install any non-sony software
    -the TJ's are too new to have any decent cases available for them.

Still I am happy with my choice and love my TJ37

SJ33 has no wireless bluetooth, so it's worthless if you want to use it to access the internet. Other than that, you can now get it for sub-$200. I highly recommend spending a little extra ($20 IIRC) and getting a docking station.