Giving an refund.

Whats your policy on refunds, do you give them, only for a certain lengh. Do you give them after the gurantee time is over. If a customer pays yearly but terminates after 6 month, do you give a refund.

30 days money back, don't do yearly accounts for the above stated reason.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

You can always give the guy a 6 months refund. I am sure he would not complain.

Regards
    Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares....
    https://bobcares.in

If a client has paid month to month and they are past our guarantee, usually no refund is issued (unless their payment came through right before/after they cancelled)

If a client has paid quarterly, semi-anually, or anually and are not leaving the server due to TOS violations, we will refund their remaining unused time.

Can't keep the money for a service we didn't provide
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Can't keep the money for a service we didn't provide
    That makes sense, but what if you make a discount for paying yearly? That's not fair to you, is it? It's a tricky business... In any case, a clear policy should be posted in the TOS.

Greetings:

We have a 30-day money back guarantee; after that we do pro-rate refunds.

However, if a client paid yearly, the proration is based on the monthly rate they would have paid if they were paying monthly.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Just keep your chargeback liability in mind when the question of refunds arise. Most customers are reasonable but if you have a situation with a completely unreasonable customer who threatens to dispute his transaction... it is better to give a refund than incur a chargeback on it.

You can also indicate that you will issue a refund on his/her card but that he/she will remain liable for the remaining balance and then send them multiple invoices and finally send it off to collections as a last resort, if it comes to it, and if you feel very strongly about it.

This way you (a) remove all chargeback liability but (b) still allow yourself to collect, either amicably or forcefully, on the balance owed.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!