Coloc in montreal, Ca

Is there others than Peer1 offering coloc in Montreal, canada??

Thanks

Is Canix in the same building as the Peer1 Datacenter in Montreal because I could swear those webcam pictures on their site look familar.

Anyways, I believe Group Telecom (360 Networks) has a colocation facility in Montreal.
    Last edited by cleblanc; 04-16-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Originally posted by cleblanc
    Is Canix in the same building as the Peer1 Datacenter in Montreal because I could swear those webcam pictures on their site look familar.

Anyways, I believe Group Telecom (360 Networks) has a colocation facility in Montreal.
    No they're completely in front of the Telus tower, 625 Rene-levesque. Their data centre design is similar to Peer1's in Montreal (in fact the cabinets are the same ones).

The only thing I don't really like is that right now you can't get Peer1 bandwidth at Canix even though QIX is currently one floor above Canix so they definitely have fibre in that building only for commercial reasons they don't want to provide connectivity to customers there.

Other data centres in Montreal are Wcom (630 Rene-levesque facing the Canix building), 360 Networks or Group Telecom(on Sherbrooke), 3MenAtWorks (a small data centre across the street from Peer1's building, have peer1 and Bell bandwidth).
    Last edited by GoTek-JP; 04-16-2004 at 06:07 PM.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Canix is basically leasing space from the RISQ on the 2nd floor, RISQ's office is moving to the 3rd floor.

Starting next week, Peer1 will stop peering at the QiX and will only peer at their beaver hall location.

Cable VDN (vdn.ca) has fiber to both locations and can offer 10/100/1000 services between those locations and also transit services.

Advantage of Canix over other facility is the carrier neutral status.

360 networks is at: 875 ST ANTOINE OUEST, Montreal CA.

Group Telecom has a bunch of lit buildings in Montreal, not sure which ones offer colo or carrier neutral.
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - blake@xtremebandwidth.com
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

Bell canada just bought 360 and is gonna resell GT to sprint canada.

I wouldn't want to start dealing with them right now.

That might explain why Sprint Canada dropped their pricing considerably in the last few months (it's now around $500/Mbit for 1Mbit only). The best thing to do if you're big enough is to buy your own GIG-e transport to New York and buy bandwidth there at $30-50US per Mbit. Other then that I see no worthy competition to Peer1 in Montreal, not even VDN (they buy transit from NAC at 151 front in toronto).

Originally posted by fiberpimp
    Bell canada just bought 360 and is gonna resell GT to sprint canada.

I wouldn't want to start dealing with them right now.

Peer1's pricing went down but you still need to have a good commit.

Advantage of VDN is that they can offer you loops to every major carrier colo in montreal and allow you to colo in neutral space (canix).

This way if you ever need to change transit providers you can just get another loop.

I'd also wouldn't trust having only 1 transit provider. Downtime happen and maintenance windows too.

But still companies like MCI/Sprint/Allstream are much more expensive then their US counterparts, if you're going to pay multiple loops to VDN in order to connect to the much more expensive MCI canada, Sprint Canada then it's better to buy your own transport to New York and get bandwidth from the same companies for 10 times less.

Originally posted by fiberpimp
    Peer1's pricing went down but you still need to have a good commit.

Advantage of VDN is that they can offer you loops to every major carrier colo in montreal and allow you to colo in neutral space (canix).

This way if you ever need to change transit providers you can just get another loop.

I'd also wouldn't trust having only 1 transit provider. Downtime happen and maintenance windows too.

you still get no redundancy.

Just2Bad, you can check myservernow.com .

Peer1 network.
    French / english / spanish Support..

PM me if you want a direct contact!

suprisingly another company hosting at peer1 in montreal.

my bad, MyServerNow use peer1 connexion in their data center.

good old iweb

Only wanted to confirm that we use Peer1 (iWeb MyServerNow) but we are not hosted at Peer1's datacenter, we still have 2 racks there, but we have our own 4500 square foot facility on Hochelaga street. We also added a 360Network link, traffic will soon be shared across our different providers but you can always choose your preference. We will probably add VDN'S NAC connection to our bgp mix before the end of the year.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile