Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Frozen Hosting servers down

Their main site as well as all of mine have been down for at least the last 6-7 hours. Kindly advise, thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

frozenhosting down

This is getting pretty frustrating - not only are domains hosted by frozenhosting down, but frozenhosting's site is as well. Which means no way to get a hold of them except via IM, which they almost never answer in my experience.

6-7 hours is unacceptable. I've been with frozenhosting for the better part of a month, and have already experienced more downtime than I had in the three months prior to that.
    Last edited by kpesanka; 04-16-2004 at 12:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Sadly i can only confirm this, down about 5+ hours now. Couldn´t do any work today because of this, just sitting here and waiting. Well, looks like a weekendshift is coming
      0 Not allowed!

drmaximus: The server is being taken care of now as we speak, but drmaximus we have been trying to contact you about copyrighted materials you have been selling. Please e-mail us at [email protected] as you have not responded to our e-mails. This downtime came at a time where we were not readily avaliable to take action, it will all be taken care of momentarily now. 6-7 hours of downtime from your post above this point is an inaccurate assesment of the downtime at this point.
    Last edited by Shaw Networks; 04-16-2004 at 02:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

eta?

Any ETA on when we'll be back up? Also, what is the justification for such a long down time? What happened?

*EDIT - Back up now, but still would like an explanation.
      0 Not allowed!

Sites are up again. I'll root through the logs to find the cause then post it publicly on our forums.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

When you try to e-mail a site that is down, e-mails won't go through
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I know that and I also emailed after your site came back online as announce here.

Will wait for the account to be activated.

Thanks
    Raj
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ebradsha
    drmaximus: The server is being taken care of now as we speak, but drmaximus we have been trying to contact you about copyrighted materials you have been selling. Please e-mail us at [email protected] as you have not responded to our e-mails. This downtime came at a time where we were not readily avaliable to take action, it will all be taken care of momentarily now. 6-7 hours of downtime from your post above this point is an inaccurate assesment of the downtime at this point.
    That's an absolute lie which once again rocks my trust and faith in your character, hence your service. I have received only ONE email from Frozen Hosting regarding the copyright matter, in which I was only advised to remove the page or risk account cancellation. At no time was there mention of a need to reply. Hence, (1) I only got one email which did not require a response (2) I do not see how you could justify your use of "our e-mails" which definitely refer to two or more emails concerning this issue.

Moreover, the case was dismissed within 45 minutes of notification as (1) there never were sales made of the copyrighted materials (2) the copyrighted materials were never stored on the servers (3) only non-clickable tiny screenshot thumbnails of the materials were online

So, in short, you have not learnt anything new. Your response only shows that you are cowering behind one of my issues to divert attention away from the issue at hand. Nobody can tell you to learn to take responsibility - you will hopefully learn to do so only when you one day find yourself in despair.

Again, I am not going to go at length to augment this discussion. WHT members can have their own take on this matter, and the others. And by the way, 6-7 hours was accurate as I had received an email from a client at about 0756hrs EST (IIRC) informing me of the downtime, and he's not usually one of the first to inform me of such.

Lastly, perhaps ask yourself if you will. I am not a hosting competitor of yours, but a client. There would be no reason in the world at all for me to attempt to badmouth you. These are just facts posted to express my experience with FWH - which is surely in line with the goals of the WHT forum. The fact that I am still hosting with you just shows that I am holding on to my vote of confidence - but you sure are doing all you can to rock that.

Good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Why was his account disabled ?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ToOnZ
    Why was his account disabled ?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

Don't think the Mods will give you much detail, but I'm sure ít won't be a permanent ban
      0 Not allowed!

Frozen Web Hosting is down again as of 0113hrs EST Tuesday 19 April 2004. Even frozenhosting.com is down.
      0 Not allowed!

0222hrs EST 19 April 2004
    Server up
      0 Not allowed!

server was done for me tonite too, just as i was doing some research on new reseller hosts. to be fair to them a lot of other sites i tried were down at the exact same time, including my current reseller and my main website, so there may have been bigger things in play.
      0 Not allowed!

while i was waiting for things to come back online if found this and thought it made for an interesting read

h t t p : / / tinyurl . com / 2vx8g
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by GenV
    while i was waiting for things to come back online if found this and thought it made for an interesting read

h t t p : / / tinyurl . com / 2vx8g
    Very interesting read

http://tinyurl.com/2vx8g
      0 Not allowed!

Yup, the server was down from 12:55am to 1:45am EST, according to my monitor. Of course I was asleep, so I have no clue if something larger was going on. I should probably get an IP of another ServerMatrix machine to monitor, so I can tell when there's a network problem, or just a problem with a FrozenHosting server.
      0 Not allowed!

Damn, another teenager running a web hosting company.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by woolly
    Damn, another teenager running a web hosting company.
    Please see this thread for some info too
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2

That said, a teenager running a service does not necessarily mean that it's bad. There are just some hiccups which more experienced adults would not (usually) pose, as evident in the thread above. I am sticking around FWH a bit longer to see how they perform, and will continue posting accurately my personal experiences.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm just curious, why is his account disabled here in WHT?
      0 Not allowed!

Just for public record, This company is no relation to myself or my company. Please do not PM/Email about them!
      0 Not allowed!

server down - again!

The Dallas server is down yet again - since 7:09am EST. Almost 2 hours now. This is starting to get bad.
      0 Not allowed!

Back up as of 10:19AM EST. Total downtime = 3 hours, 10 minutes.

Is this repeated downtime expected to continue? If so, I can only expect that FrozenHosting will begin to hemorrhage customers in the near future.
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried contacting them? They might be able to give you an explanation for the downtime.
      0 Not allowed!

I had once a problem with them when I moved my reseller with them, I was going to transfer my client's community site running on Invision Board with them using the mysql_tool.php from IBtools.com. On the restoration process, he suddenly suspended the account because it was "congesting" or "overloading" his server. He said that "what kind of inefficient tool is your client using" and I said its from IBtools, a support group for Invison Board so it wouldn't be that bad. I assumed that he never ran a community site, but I could be wrong. Still, he should have enough knowledge that the said PHP restoration tool is an effective way of restoring a database file.

We did this once on another provider and they never meddled, but this guy kept on meddling with my client's accounts, suspending them because of so-called "rogue" PHP scripts which is actually 4images and Invision Board, his meddling was so much that my clients have been frustrated. So my team had to meet and voted to move to another server. We had our refund because it was said in the ToS that we can have a refund if we're not satisfied within 2 weeks.

And now I realize they've been out again, their frequent downtime was another problem that we encountered during our 1st 2 weeks.

That's why I'm curious why his account is disabled here in WHT, was it because he just PO`ed a lot of people, or was his service practices rather inaccurate and misleading?
      0 Not allowed!

Accounts are disabled here for not following Forum Guidelines.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 04-22-2004 at 03:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Ah ok, i knew it. I found out where he hit the spot. LOL need not to say anything else as it may go off-topic. Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Find a reputable hosting company and spend a couple extra dollars a month. You will be much happier and you won't have these problems
    Last edited by Chad McCan; 04-22-2004 at 12:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL. Well, I never knew this was handled by a kid.. anyway, I'm happy with where i am right now and I hope the current users would air their opinions re: frozenhosting especially the resellers, I mean come on... does he really have to suspend accts. because of PHP scripts like 4images "overloading" his celeron? That kind of meddling is uncalled for IMO.
      0 Not allowed!

Now, what on earth is this problem? Another one of those bad technical surprises from Frozen Web Hosting?? All my sites are down again. 1730hrs EST May 1 2004

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/ABC/public_html/ABC/conn.php on line 83
    Too many connections
      0 Not allowed!

Doesn't seem like they're down, but rather a problem with the MySQL Server, too many connections as you can see here: http://frozenwebhosting.com/forum/

But apache is running fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Annoying nonetheless, especially when I was informed of this downtime by a prospective client who was about to purchase one of my sites!! He changed his mind of course - have not heard back from him.
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with them alittle over a month, and have faith in them to fix this problem. I took alook in my administrator panel and all my MySql Databases were gone, so for now I will just hope they are gone temporarily...

I will be working on some other projects and will hope to hear one way or another what are the details of this problem so I can determine what to do next.

-Dusk
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Duskwalker
    I have been with them alittle over a month, and have faith in them to fix this problem. I took alook in my administrator panel and all my MySql Databases were gone, so for now I will just hope they are gone temporarily...

I will be working on some other projects and will hope to hear one way or another what are the details of this problem so I can determine what to do next.

-Dusk
    I did not log into CPanel, but what you said about the disappearing MySQL Databases is very f.r.i.g.h.t.e.n.i.n.g.!
      0 Not allowed!

Frozen's forum is, of course, down as well. So I emailed them about 1.5hrs ago. Problem unresolved. It's annoying because it's the first time I am losing $$$ because of their downtime.
      0 Not allowed!

0024hrs EST 2 May 2004
    All systems good to go again
      0 Not allowed!

Thought I would post some appropriate information on a discussion within Frozen Web Hosting's own forum. If this action is inappropriate, kindly remove it although I feel that it's useful for the WHT community in general.

(rzrback25):With the talk on WHT, please give us an explanantion of things. Why you were banned, why all the outages, why folks were so mad, etc. Everyone here wants to believe in Frozen. Give us the information that will clear things up. Thanks
    (JASS): No doubt...However, sometimes I think the people on WHT just whine too much (I have only been watching the forums for about 3 days and have already become annoyed with the bickering and cutting down of others). I am thouroughly impressed with Frozen Hosting and plan on buying the maximum reseller account as soon as my e-mail I sent to Elliot a little but ago is answered and I get my business plan/proposal finished and off to my principal investor.

But I am just wanting to know out of curiosity why WHT banned you? I am sort of pissed at their forum right now...It won't let me PM anyone becuase the admin has restrictions on my account even though I verified my info. I finally posted something there, and then I came back an hour later and someone had deleted my post...so whatever...LOL

Take care all! I am loving the look of Frozen thus far!
    (MK7): People were mad for good reasons. Last month has been particularly bad for FWH's Kansas City server due to frequent "non-recurring" downtimes. I personally counted more than 10 hours in this single month. FWH also advertised 24/7/365 live support that no budget hosts could really afford (how often do you see their live support online?

The incident I'm annoyed most so far : I yesterday reported downtime of 2-3 hours on "network status" board and another member seconded - our postings were later deleted by Elliot and replaced by a "minor network error" explanation. This is not an honest business practice. I believe a forum like this should be more inclusive to negative opinions (if they say facts). Otherwise I guess more members will report downtimes on WHT that I tried not to.

That said, I do not host professional / commercial domains, and FWH has ultra-generous offer in terms of space and bandwidth and features, I am still happy with FWH and would recommend friends for non-business/non-critical sites. I hope those incidents are truely "non-recurring".
      0 Not allowed!

I see the databases are back online, thanks. For a second I was scared they were completely gone, Im going to make a backup, lol.

FrozenHosting is actually quite good, its the first host I found that can actually accomidate my sites.(Excuse my spelling)

-Dusk
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Follow up:
    A member suggests that Elliot actually may not have deleted my negative posts on their forum. Possbility is that he recovered the forum database from a backup. If that is the case, I think it's forgiveful. BTW, they provide GOOD SUPPORT when they are around, I must admit.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast