Why do I do this?

Why do I stay up all night? I was working on website stuff, and got a lot done, more than I would have gotten done in several days working on it during my free time/normal hours. But now I get to face a day of class and work with no sleep....

24 hours no sleep right now.... (its 8:20am my time right now)

Dedication and hard work are rewarded.
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

Re: Why do I do this?

Originally posted by amish_geek
    Why do I stay up all night? I was working on website stuff, and got a lot done, more than I would have gotten done in several days working on it during my free time/normal hours. But now I get to face a day of class and work with no sleep....

24 hours no sleep right now.... (its 8:20am my time right now)

because sleep is overrated

Mmmm... If I didn't have the sweet nectar of life (coffee), I wouldn't have made it through my XML class this morning. I'll be needing another cup for my ASP.net class too. Then I'm done for the day (class wise) since my afternoon marketing class is cancelled.

So it looks like another day on the computer, sleep deprived.

I've heard the saying "Never 'root' drunk" Meaning dont work on your server/machine as root when drunk. I've had friends do this, and when they sober up, their box is hosed, and the root pass is changed (they changed it) and they can't remember it.

I wonder if the same saying applies to sleep deprivation?

he he, I wouldn't know, I only sleep 4 hours a night...

If I get less then 6 hours a night my body starts to slowly shut down.
    Alvin

hardworker... sometimes I have the same experience but after one or more weeks my body do not want to move and my mind are fully rejected

Originally posted by alvinks
    If I get less then 6 hours a night my body starts to slowly shut down.

WIMP!!!

(just kidding!)

There's time enough to sleep...WHEN YOU'RE DEAD!

Think that's from a movie (or several actually) but it's a good one.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

What is sleep?
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Ugh... I just found out that there is an InterVarsity Leadership Appreciation Dinner tonight at the Vineyard Church. Even longer now till I can take a nappy! Oh well, I'm not one to give up free food and fellowship.

Yes it does apply to sleep deprivation as well. I once rebooted and reconfigured the wrong router several times in a row after being up for 24 hours. Didn't realize what I had done until the 7th or 8th phone call about connectivity problems.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    Mmmm... If I didn't have the sweet nectar of life (coffee), I wouldn't have made it through my XML class this morning. I'll be needing another cup for my ASP.net class too. Then I'm done for the day (class wise) since my afternoon marketing class is cancelled.

So it looks like another day on the computer, sleep deprived.

I've heard the saying "Never 'root' drunk" Meaning dont work on your server/machine as root when drunk. I've had friends do this, and when they sober up, their box is hosed, and the root pass is changed (they changed it) and they can't remember it.

I wonder if the same saying applies to sleep deprivation?