* Setting up as an advertising consultant?

I absolutely adore dealing with internet marketing campaigns, particularly doing the publisher end, i.e. generating revenue for informational site publishers.

The whole process of analysing a site, looking at the demographic profile, examining the traffic, setting up link exchanges, picking advertising medium that fit the site, the list goes on (and yes, I'll agree, I'm a little odd )

I've done a few campaigns for friends but I'm wondering whether its something I should consider rolling out as a service. The main problems I see, is that to be effective, I would need access to their affiliate programs, statistics and possibly ftp access.

Also what do you think would be a better payment program? Percentage of increased revenue or a flat fee schedule?

Do you even think people would be interested and do you know of anyone who currently offers this?

Lots of questions lol

Nickki S
    New Shared & VPS Offerings Coming Soon!

Re: Setting up as an advertising consultant?

Originally posted by LetsGo-Dan
    I've done a few campaigns for friends but I'm wondering whether its something I should consider rolling out as a service. The main problems I see, is that to be effective, I would need access to their affiliate programs, statistics and possibly ftp access.

Also what do you think would be a better payment program? Percentage of increased revenue or a flat fee schedule?

It's a good idea and concept but will require alot of structuing and trust between yourself and clients. A few things that you might want to think about and look into would be TOS'es, The major one being google. Which breaks their TOS to disclose any information period. So If access was given to you, whoever gave it to you would be breaking TOS and your service would more likely hurt them than help them. There are other various programs that have the same concept to them So pretty much you would have to "trust" your client to disclose information if you were working on a percentage to get paid.

As for the flat fee, thats also something that can hurt as well, because now you are offering your service which if it doesn't help them, they just paid for nothing..

Sorry for being to negative about the idea
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Ty Trifolic

I know theres a lot of downsides to it but I also think its a good idea so I'm trying to think through the best ways of doing it and any input is great.

With regards to the access, I know you can do it with some of them, i.e. CJ you can give limited access. I may speak to my AdWords Account Executive (in my other job, I spend the advertising bucks ) and get an absolute certain version from Google on how they percieve the situation.

I don't think a flat fee approach would be appropriate either, I was just looking at alternatives. I would much prefer a percentage, if nothing else, I would enjoy the challenge so much more as the more I succed, more money for me.

Thanks tho, more to think about.
    New Shared & VPS Offerings Coming Soon!