Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

NIGHTMARE with RUSKO

First of all guys i'd just like to say this is really long, and i'd really appreciate it if some of you could seriously sit down and read my entire thread and tell me your thoughts.

again i am sorry for making this so long but i need to make it this long to fully get what i'm trying to say across...

A month or two ago I had been looking for a good nyc based dedicated server host. I was looking into nyc peer1, and people on WHT recommended

to go with RUSKO (name rusko on the boards)

so i took the advice. i went with rusko. what a nightmare. let me tell you what happend.

On march 17th (early am hours 1,2am) I was talking to paul from rusko and asking him some last minute questions before proceeding with my

order of 3 dual amd mp 2600, 1gig of ram servers..

the cost of these servers total would be $1347

monthly was $249/mo
    setup was $200

One of my questions was:

me (11:04:08 PM): ok, so, let's pretend i ordered right now.. how soon do you think the servers would be online and ready to use
    me (11:04:11 PM): how many days?
    Rusko (11:04:17 PM): 7 business days
    me (11:04:31 PM): so 7 business days from now, most likely i will be able to use the servers
    Rusko (11:04:36 PM): correct

so I paid him 20 mins later. FAST FORWARD March 25th:

No servers. When I asked about them, he told me something about the vendor screwing up the shipping and the servers would be delayed 2-3, or

maybe 4 days more.

so i said ok, whatever, that's fine...

On march 26th, I was told by paul @ rusko:

me (2:59:20 AM): so when can i expect these servers to be online
    rusko (3:00:02 AM): The order looks scheduled to ship out on Friday to you, which would put recieving the items on Monday or Tuesday.
    rusko (3:00:10 AM): we will have it up for you same day
    me (3:03:56 AM): heh ok
    rusko (3:05:41 AM): everything else is ligned up and ready

ok, that's fine.

MARCH 30TH, still no servers. I emailed him and said

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul,

I am still waiting for my 3 servers that I ordered and paid for. I was told 5-7 business days which meant the 25th or 26th of March.. I never

did get my servers on either of those days

Then I was told Monday or tuesday (29th or 30th), and here we are, the 30th, 5:23PM, and still no servers. I tried to call you, no answer.

Just the answering machine. I called a few times actually.

so here i am, emailing you hoping to get some sort of response here..

I just want my servers man, thats all i want. can you please just give me my servers..
    -------------------------------------------------------------

FAST FORWARD March 31st. I was still up and it was 5:05AM, I noticed rusko was online AIM, so I asked him for a
    status update

basically what he told me was that he would get me one box that day (later that day or night), and he explained to me about how they need to

make sure the cooling is just right, as they don't want to hand over a server to me that isn't properly cooled or that could possibly crash.

with that being said, i can safely say i agree completely. i wouldn't want a server that wasnt properly cooled or crashed either.

rusko said he wanted to deliver the box right, and that's fine. so i asked him what time frame can i expect AT LEAST ONE server to be

up - and he said 10pm-11pm. i said ok, that's fine.

remember folks, i paid for 3 servers on march 17th, and here we are march 31st, not a single server yet.

so i wait till 10pm-11pm.. no servers. i wait until 11 30, i call rusko, paul informs me over the phone that it will be done "sometime during

the night"

I wasn't exactly happy with that answer, since i have been waiting since march 17th, and since i was told the server would be up 25th, 26th,

and still 31st = no server..

so i expressed some more frustrations, concerns to him, we had a little talk, and i ended up just saying OK, that's fine, just go ahead

continue working on the server, and hopefully later tonight (we're talking 12am - 4-5am) i will have the 1 server...

so i wait, i wait in the night. waiting and waiting... still no server

april 1st. here we are, i wake up, still no server. so i see paul online aim, i msg him.. at this point, i'm really frustrated. I paid $1347

for 3 servers and Ive so far still, STILL received NONE.

I ask him for a status update, he says he is not happy with the cooling set up...

so here we are, STILL not happy with the cooling set up. what blew my mind at this point was how it took THIS long to get to this point, and

he still doesnt have the machine properly cooled.

He basically said:
    - os is installed
    - he is not happy with the cooling
    - gave me a choice to take the server "as is" or let him "work on it some more"

- told me he wanted to try some more things.. airflow duct, etc..

so my patience is running out, i say to him

me (5:14:04 AM): so when could i expect a box online that is cooled to your satisfactory
    Rusko (5:15:55 AM): i will have to update you on that
    Rusko (5:16:00 AM): later today
    Rusko (5:16:03 AM): as i work on it
    me (5:16:37 AM): so what about these other 2 boxes?
    me (5:16:42 AM): what happend to those?
    Rusko (5:18:05 AM): the components for them are sitting here
    Rusko (5:18:17 AM): obviously, if the cooling isnt worked out on box A
    Rusko (5:18:27 AM): it is not going to be magically better on boxes B and C
    me (5:19:04 AM): ok, so will i be able to use a box on 4/1/2004 man?
    Rusko (5:19:50 AM): Rusko: it is your call whether you want me to put this box up or let me work on the cooling issue a bit
    me (5:20:08 AM): ok, go ahead and work on it, but will i be able to use a box today or not man
    me (5:20:17 AM): i mean im trying to understand here how many more days is this going to be delayed
    Rusko (5:20:42 AM): i am, unfortunately, not clairvoyant
    Rusko (5:21:03 AM): i am hoping to get it squared off today
    Rusko (5:21:47 AM): however, it is a question of whether something helps sufficiently
    me (5:22:03 AM): ok well pleaseeeee man PLEASE get this going today PLEASE becuase man i ve been waiting SOOOOOO long man..... and i know you

i may sound like an *** or i may sound a little rude or whatever i'm sorry i dont mean its just ive been waiting so long thats all man
    Rusko (5:22:16 AM): i completely understand
    Rusko (5:22:22 AM): from my perspective
    Rusko (5:22:27 AM): i dont want to put up a box
    Rusko (5:22:32 AM): and have it melt down under load
    Rusko (5:22:44 AM): all i am trying to do is deliver a quality product
    Rusko (5:22:57 AM): and have the Is dotted and the Ts crossed
    me (5:23:15 AM): ok
    Rusko (5:23:17 AM): with intel its a no-brainer, our supermicros never have any of those issues
    Rusko (5:23:29 AM): because we are able to get a quality integrated solution
    me (5:23:38 AM): just go ahead and work on it and try to get it all done today please, thanks
    Rusko (5:23:48 AM): allright :-)

so i wait all day. ALL DAY I WAIT, and not a single server.

On april 2nd I was told "when you wake up tomorrow (april 3rd) you will be emailed the server info"

so i wake up april 3rd, still no server. i call paul, can't get a hold of him. call and call, no answer. finally i get a hold of him and he

tells me that it "should" have been emailed, but i informed him that it wasnt...

so he told me that he was going to go drive to nyc and then call me with the info

so finally, at night around 9pm EST I believe, i was able to finally get an IP (eth0 ip), and a root pass. at that point, I felt much better about the situation. Who wouldn't? Paid $1347 for 3 servers, you finally are starting to see some results after waiting 17-18 days for ONE server.

so i'm happy. He told me to not work on it just yet becuase he was fixing a switch problem that limited speeds, and that he was updating packages on the redhat installation. so i said fine. no problem

late at night, around 3-4am (april 4th now), he fixed the switch issue, and i was able to wget ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z at 1.06M/s

(1.6megabytes/second)

great. THROUGHPUT / transfer rates for download are good, everything looks fine.

later that night, around 5-6am, i wgetted another ffile, and COULDNT help it notice that it was going at 95k/sec... 85k/sec.. when all of my

other 27 servers all wget that same LINK at over 1 megabyte/second. servers at server matrix, gnax, ev1servers, nac new jersey, servercentral chicago, etc.

so i emailed him that night, saying:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul,

The speeds on the machine seem to have gone down hill. When I wget files, they go slow. Earlier when you told me to "try now" it was goign

pretty fast. 3.3mb/sec. now it's not like i *need* that kind of speed, but the server doesnt even push 1 megabyte/second anymore.. it goes at

like these 200-300 speeds.. this raises some concerns

inferno:/home/dev# wget ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z
    --05:02:08-- ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z
    => `uumap.tar.Z'
    Resolving ftp.uu.net... done.
    Connecting to ftp.uu.net[192.48.96.9]:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD not needed.
    ==> PORT ... done. ==> RETR uumap.tar.Z ... done.
    Length: 8,520,221 (unauthoritative)

100%[========================================================================================>] 8,520,221 241.57K/s ETA 00:00

05:02:45 (241.57 KB/s) - `uumap.tar.Z' saved [8520221]

inferno:/home/dev#

I booted into the default kernel, to see if it had anything to do with the kernel (i doubted it anyway).. and it didn't:

inferno:~# wget ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z
    --05:06:54-- ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z
    => `uumap.tar.Z'
    Resolving ftp.uu.net... done.
    Connecting to ftp.uu.net[192.48.96.9]:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD not needed.
    ==> PORT ... done. ==> RETR uumap.tar.Z ... done.
    Length: 8,520,221 (unauthoritative)

100%[========================================================================================>] 8,520,221 243.07K/s ETA 00:00

05:07:32 (243.07 KB/s) - `uumap.tar.Z' saved [8520221]

inferno:~#

Please fix this issue, I need to be able to have more legroom than this.

Thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

so he replied to my email, giving me this answer

=======================================================================================
    the speed at which each connection goes depends on many things, not the least of them the state/congestion of all the peering points between

source and destination. while 30KB/s download speeds are not normal, ~300KB/s (2.4Mb/s +) may well be representative of the current network

'weather' conditions.

the problem which we resolved had to do with an incorrect config on the switch you were provisioned on, which resulted in abnormally low

throughput through that switch. this problem no longer exists:

[root@carrera ttcp]# ./iperf -s
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Server listening on TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [ 4] local 69.28.242.68 port 5001 connected with 69.90.35.225 port 32793
    [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
    [ 4] 0.0-10.0 sec 106 MBytes 89.2 Mbits/sec

this is an iperf throughput test performed between your box and a box sitting on the switch the switch you are on is uplinked to. as you can

observe, there are no significant performance problems evident here.

on a different note, please use our support system located at http://support.rusko.us

paul
    =======================================================================================

Now, i'm not a network expert or anything like that, but wasn't he basically just showing me how fast my box can transfer/send/data to

another box on his network? i mean if so, of course its going to go fast, or at 89.2mbis/sec.. i just don't see how that helped my situation

any. The speed issues i was having had nothing to do with LAN or locally..

anyhow, i still was not satisifed with what had been done so far to correct the transfer rate/speed issue. becuase at certain times,

ftp://ftp.uu.net/uumap.tar.Z would download fast onto the server, and then at other times it'd go at 250k/sec.... or 100ish, etc.. i just

couldn't understand why the network transfer rates are fast at times, then really slow at other times..

Rusko then proceeded to lecture me about this "theory behind throughput performance" - when what i was really looking for was decent speeds.

He could not explain to me why was it that at certain times, the transfer rates were fast, then slow. Basically said that he could not know,

because it could be "any possible reason"

at this point, i was really fed up. i need to be able to have legroom and available bandwidth transfer capacity. I can't have servers that

are doing 200k/sec, or if you wget a file 5 times, you're getting 75k/sec for each instance. ALL of my other servers don't do this, yet

ruskos servers do..

Paul also mentioned in one of the tickets

"as i said earlier, this is *throughput*, not speed. it is not going to affect gameplay. this switch is temporary and will be swapped out

when our foundries arrive. "

so i'm not sure what he was trying to say.. but either way, at night id be able to do fast speeds, but then at other times it'd be real slow,

and that's just what i experienced.

at this point, i was really fed up. not only did it take 17-18 days just to get one server, i still hadnt of gotten my other 2 servers

so here i am, APRIL 5TH, 1 server, paid for 3, the transfer rates are piss slow, and since i'm going to be running sites and voice over ip

applications that require constant sending and receiving, i cannot afford to have these limited speeds

i waited so long, i was so patient. It took paul 17 days to

- put one box together
    - properly cool one box
    - provide me with at least just one box

this was unacceptable to me. i am sure it would be unacceptable to others as well. i was not expecting to wait 17 days for just ONE server,

and then to find out that the transer rates on the server would be garbage.

Yes, 200k/sec, 250k/sec, 108k/sec, all these numbers are fine for when you are running some low maintenance sites, but i'm not.

Yes, they might be fine for if you are running a game server, i am sure it will be sufficient enough for the gamers to play, but whos to say

all of my game servers won't get utilized at once? Whos to say the game servers + voice over ip applications + sites won't get hit or used??

seriously, these speeds were just terrible

so at this point I had lost my mind. i couldnt take it anymore. paul was had not fixed the transfer rate issues, and WHO KNOWS how long it

was going to take for the OTHER 2 servers. He said around april 6th or 7th, but he also said many things in the past ,and failed to deliver

numerous times.

I paid rusko for 3 servers and I had only received 1. I told him, I require usable speeds on my present machine and my future machines which

you have so far failed to deliver. You have not only affected my business by failing to deliver the servers as you implied but you are now

bordering on fraud by delivering one server that is unusable due to a speed issue on your network which I find extremely hard to believe you

were not aware of. I would much rather prefer to have these issues resolved promptly and professionally by you but if you can not deliver

what you I PAID for, I will require a full refund.

That did nothing. so i had to email him one final letter on the 5th, saying

The inconsistently and obvious problems of your network are preventing me from going live with your servers. This is not a problem I have at

any of the other SEVERAL providers that i have over 25 servers at, and therefore I will be unable to do business with you.

Please consider this an official notice of cancellation for all services with you. You have failed to fulfill your contractual obligations

with my company. I can no longer tolerate or afford the lack of professionalism and service provided by you. As such, I am asking that you

issue me a full refund immediately.

I asked for a full refund yes, some might not agree, but you have to understand, *at the time* i was really angry because i had made this

large investment (large to me) - and i had still not seen any sort of return on it yet. i've been waiting and waiting and so far very

unsatisfied.

so when i sent in the cancellation letter, 30 mins later the ONE SERVER that i had, went offline..

the next day, he emailed me back saying

according to the contract, which requires a 30 day cancellation notice, you are not due a refund. we are in a position to provide service,

which you chose not to accept. with that said, i am willing to refund the first month's server lease and bandwidth charges, since you did not

actually use the service. this is a gesture of goodwill, nothing more. you remain responsible for the setup fees - this is what setup fees

are for, namely covering our provisioning expenses should the client pull a fast one. in order to process a refund of those, we will require

you to send in an agreement that states clearly that you are accepting a partial refund.

so basically... at this point

- i have 0 servers
    - i paid rusko $1347 for 3 servers
    - i received crappy network transfer rates
    - i'm being an offered a refund, great, BUT I'M BEING CHARGED FOR THE SETUP FEES ($200 + $200) FOR 2 SERVERS I NEVER RECEIVED!!!!! EVER!
    - again, i am out $1347

FACTS:
    - Paid for 3 servers. Paid in full. Paid on march 17th
    - Was told 7 business days, turned out to be an empty promise
    - Was told March 25th, 26th, 30th, 31st, April 1st, April 2nd, April 3rd finally got one out of the 3 servers
    - Transfer rates on the server were useless.
    - I did wait a long time, i had the patience, i tolerated, i tolerated some more, but finally got fed up with it.

There you have it folks. It is now April 15th, and still i have no servers, i have no money back from rusko. unfortunately, i paid through

paypal. paypal wouldn't refund me because it was not "covered" under their policies.. i had to wait 15 days for paypal to tell me that they

couldnt retreive my funds.

The least rusko can do is at least refund me $249 + 249 + 249 + 200 + 200 and keep the setup fee for the one server that i did actually receive..

I'm being charged for 2 setup fees for 2 servers i never received.

What does WHT THINK???? I would be more than willing to accept a refund of $1347 - 200 = $1147 or even $1100 rather than the $747 he's offering me. Is it right for rusko to do this to me?

All I wanted was 3 servers without any issues. Rusko could not even provide me with 3, he could only do 1, and the transfer rates were no good to me. Instead I end up with nothing.

How can this happen? I urge all WHT members to post your thoughts about this situation. Has Rusko done this to anyone else??

I just want to leave on good terms, but how am i going to do that if he's going to rob $400 from me that I don't think i should be charged for (the 2 setup fees ..)

Thank you WHT MEMBERS for taking the time to read my thread. I hope you have read it completely.
    Last edited by Detroit Red; 04-16-2004 at 12:04 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Man that was a long thread.. You have alot more patience then I do...

17 days to get one server up is unacceptable anywhere you go. I don't know anything about rusko but this sounds like an amateur shop... Geez I could build you that machine and have it at the DC in under 7 days and I'm on the other side of the country...

If you don't get a FULL refund including setup fees you should definatly seek another way to reclaim your investment. I feel for you man.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm going to lean on the side of rusko and assume this is a mistake and surely he's not going to charge you a setup fee for two servers that were never set up
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by nickn
    I'm going to lean on the side of rusko and assume this is a mistake and surely he's not going to charge you a setup fee for two servers that were never set up
    Get off his jock man! Did you actually read the thread? rusko stated he won't get refunded one cent.
      0 Not allowed!

This is the reason I wont charge someone until the equipment is ready.
      0 Not allowed!

My time ran out to edit my original post. I would also like to point out that not at ANY SINGLE POINT AND TIME did RUSKO EVER SHOW ME, SEND ME any sort of CONTRACT what so ever.

You know people on here always say Oh you get what you pay for.. Yeah, well I paid for 3 servers, and this is what I got. Rusko isn't some $59-99 host either, and this is what i ended up with. there you have it. you get what you pay for..............
      0 Not allowed!

I took the time to read everything, and I'm sorry it happened! Perhaps rusko will see this and clear things up a bit?
      0 Not allowed!

i read it all and i am speechless, rusko is usually a great guy.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

As a server provider, I can somewhat feel for rusko because he is out $$$ for 3 custom servers, but at the end of the day, the delays were numerous and the network performance was inconsistent and 2 of the servers were never even setup.

I personally would refund the entire amount and try to find something to do with the servers. Yes, I would be pissed about the situation, but ethetically it would be the only proper thing for me to do.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.
      0 Not allowed!

I just thought about this. I'm not saying this is true, but for all i know, it is possible that there WERE NO other 2 servers.. you konw? he could have easily made a quick $400 extra now.... (by keeping the 2 setup fees)

I never saw these 2 servers, i never used them, i never touched them, i never accessed them, period.

this is what im trying to say guys.. it is killing me here that i'm being ripped off this badly.

I really did not want to post on wht. I really didn't. but if rusko can't do the right thing then i felt like i needed to let the wht community know about what's going on - and to see what people think about this situation. to see if im just losing my mind or what....
      0 Not allowed!

Server providers shouldn't offer what they don't have. This whole thing looks like a white wash to be honest.

If this was Ezzi or Nocster everyone would be screaming what jerks they are. A classic case of putting personal before business. Just because rusko makes a few posts does not garner him any sympathy in a business situation. These are two seperate things.

But to be fair until rusko does post we are only seeing one side of the story.
      0 Not allowed!

For the price you paying, I would say it isn't low. I fill with sympathy for your terrible experience with rusko.

Cooling doesn't take days to tweak, why would he take so long to deal with "air ventilation" or whatsoever?

I would say you get at least 90% of the refund, 100% is definitely reasonable as well since you did not receive anything that was promised.

How did you make your payment?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    Get off his jock man! Did you actually read the thread? rusko stated he won't get refunded one cent.
    Begin Quote:

he emailed me back saying

according to the contract, which requires a 30 day cancellation notice, you are not due a refund. we are in a position to provide service,

which you chose not to accept. with that said, i am willing to refund the first month's server lease and bandwidth charges, since you did not

actually use the service. this is a gesture of goodwill, nothing more. you remain responsible for the setup fees - this is what setup fees

End Quote

But if your response was to the setup fees only (and now that I re-read the post you quoted...I think that is what you were meaning), yes....Rusko did state that he would not refund those. What is not clear is if that included the $200 for each of the other two servers. In the current form, it would appear that they will not be refunded but I am sure Rusko will chime in here shortly.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-16-2004 at 01:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET

How did you make your payment?
    His post states he paid by PayPal and that PayPal has rejected his claim.
      0 Not allowed!

This is the reason I wont pay more than $20 through scampal, could not care less how many people praise the person using it.

on the issue, if rusko was selling machines they did not know how to configure/cool then they should not be doing it at the customers expense.
      0 Not allowed!

Understood. According to the client there was no contract which would negate any 30 day termination notice. rusko is trying to make a buck off this which frankly stinks!

A goodwill gesture would be refunding him 100% of the money without thinking about it as 99% of the hosters would have done.
      0 Not allowed!

Granted, it is extremely difficult to do dual AMD in a 1U.

That being said, it is simply unethical (not to mention against VISA/MC merchant regs... not sure about scampal) to charge for goods that are not delivered. At the very least (no matter what happens or whatever was involved in the situation), I don't think it's right for you to be charged a single cent for the two servers that were not delivered. After over 2 weeks, you have the right to ask for (and get) your money back for services that were not rendered as promised.

Just my $0.01

Best,

Raj Dutt
    Raj Dutt // CEO // Voxel dot Net Inc
    http://www.voxel.net // sales@voxel.net
      0 Not allowed!

I can't believe he is charging setup on the other 2 servers when they never even got setup. How can he justify that.
    HOST CAPACITY || www.hostcapacity.com || SALES: cs @ hostcapacity.com || MSN: msn @ hostcapacity.com
    Shared Hosting || Multi Domain Hosting || Private Label Reseller Hosting
    Pay Pal Accepted || 99% Uptime || Hosting Since 2002
    Support and Customer Service that really care about our clients || It's the Service that counts.
      0 Not allowed!

While we're only hearing one side of the story, I can certainly testify that Paul has been nothing but honest, straight forward, and probably the most professional person I have ever had the chance to work with.

Again, I'm only reading one part of this story (which by the way is long enough to bind and sell lol), but on Paul's behalf, when I have dealt with him, he has always been punctual, honest, and professional.

So for me, you'll have to understand if I'm shocked, and say personally that this doesn't sound like something Paul would do, without reason.

Please no flaming, as I'm stating my personal experiences with Paul as it relates to this book, err a post
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ANMMark
    While we're only hearing one side of the story, I can certainly testify that Paul has been nothing but honest, straight forward, and probably the most professional person I have ever had the chance to work with.

Again, I'm only reading one part of this story (which by the way is long enough to bind and sell lol), but on Paul's behalf, when I have dealt with him, he has always been punctual, honest, and professional.

So for me, you'll have to understand if I'm shocked, and say personally that this doesn't sound like something Paul would do, without reason.

Please no flaming, as I'm stating my personal experiences with Paul as it relates to this book, err a post
    It's fine man. No worries. The reason why I went with rusko is because of what you said.. people said he was good, all that good stuff... so i didn't think that it would be like this

that's also why i was so patient.. some of you were saying about wow i have a lot of patience.. because i figured, well, once the servers are up, i won't ever have to bother him, and surely he knows how to run a stable and good network, so i shouldnt have any issues....

so i kept waiting, thinking that once he gets the servers i will start seeing the good things people are saying on wht about him

but i waited and waited and it turned into a nightmare =/

paul man if you are reading this, all i want is my $1147 back at least.... i didnt want to post this man, but i don't know what else to do. i jus want my money back so i can put this behind me.

please man, please dont be like this to me.

i just want my money back. I've gone 29 days without that sum of money....
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure Paul would clarify his stand, just need to wait. I understand your worries but we would like to listen to Paul's story as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Just got back from a long night of putting up boxes at the datacenter. Please bear with me as I put together a response. I will be posting in excrutiating detail shortly.

In the meantime, let me be perfectly clear that Tariq has *refused* to communicate with us on the matter of the cancellation, including a refund. Communication is key - if you refuse to talk to us, we can not work through any issues you have. This is just common sense.

Tariq's dispute filed with Paypal was malicious, intended to disrupt and prevent us from doing business. Payments for services are clearly not covered by Paypal's dispute policy and Tariq has carefully worded his complaint in such a manner that would indicate that we have not *SHIPPED* the goods he paid for. As a result, we have had some of this month's payments, namely a little under $10,000 (Ten Thousand USD) locked in the account while Paypal was investigating. Indeed, these funds remain locked. Additionally, all payments and subscriptions were cancelled due to the ongoing investigation.

This is dishonest, underhanded and irresponsible.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Hey Paul,

(while waiting for your excrutiating details)

Just a friendly suggestion, why not refund all of his money, at least only charge him the $200 for the one server setup fees? The $400 is not worth anything in the long run, especially since I understand the customer concern with the servers not actually being delivered.

Best wishes on dealing with the situation, for both of you.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rusko
    Just got back from a long night of putting up boxes at the datacenter. Please bear with me as I put together a response. I will be posting in excrutiating detail shortly.

In the meantime, let me be perfectly clear that Tariq has *refused* to communicate with us on the matter of the cancellation, including a refund. Communication is key - if you refuse to talk to us, we can not work through any issues you have. This is just common sense.

Tariq's dispute filed with Paypal was malicious, intended to disrupt and prevent us from doing business. Payments for services are clearly not covered by Paypal's dispute policy and Tariq has carefully worded his complaint in such a manner that would indicate that we have not *SHIPPED* the goods he paid for. As a result, we have had some of this month's payments, namely a little under $10,000 (Ten Thousand USD) locked in the account while Paypal was investigating. Indeed, these funds remain locked. Additionally, all payments and subscriptions were cancelled due to the ongoing investigation.

This is dishonest, underhanded and irresponsible.

paul
    How about explaining why the servers were not setup for so long ? If you couldnt make it in time to offer your client the product, give them a full refund.
    Shawn Ho
    Singapore Web Hosting Talk - http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com
    Singapore Soccer - http://www.singaporesoccer.com
    EMAIL - shawnho@sgwebhostingtalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ToOnZ
    How about explaining why the servers were not setup for so long ? If you couldnt make it in time to offer your client the product, give them a full refund.
    How about waiting for my post, which is going to explain all of it, as previously mentioned? On time implies there was a set provisioning date, which there was not. My post will explain the situation. Thank you for listening.

Paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast