Recommendations for Northern VA

Hello,

Looking for quality colo providers in the Northern Virginia area.
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

I've gotten awesome pings from Equinix's Ashburn facility. Not sure where in Virginia Ashburn is, but I'd definitely recommend considering it.

Check http://www.defenderhosting.com . They're definately worth a look. (not the site at the moment, but the company behind it) We've been with them for about 2 years now and they've been fantastic. They're housed in Ashburn Equinix.

Excellent replies and suggestions! Thank you!

It looks like Equinix is one of the best in the area and we are touring the facility next week. Any suggestions/comments re Equinix providers are appreciated.

I have also heard that Switch and Data would be a good choice. Any comments re S&D? If so, which dc, the Reston or Vienna facility?

Any other info re quality colo providers in the N. VA area is appreciated

Thanks
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

Greetings:

I believe NTT/Verio has facilities in Northern VA.

Have you checked out http://www.verio.com/ ?

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I believe Superb.net have facilities in the Washington & Northern VA area - they've been doing colo for years through their premium offering, as well as starting the value service at superbservers.net recently.

Originally posted by AllenB
    Excellent replies and suggestions! Thank you!

It looks like Equinix is one of the best in the area and we are touring the facility next week. Any suggestions/comments re Equinix providers are appreciated.

I have also heard that Switch and Data would be a good choice. Any comments re S&D? If so, which dc, the Reston or Vienna facility?

Any other info re quality colo providers in the N. VA area is appreciated

Thanks
    I've heard that NLayer bandwidth @ Equinix Ashburn is pretty good, as I know someone who has a 2Gbps commitment to them there If you'd like contact information for his company (they may have better rates and services than Equinix directly), just tell me and I'll provide it.

Superb.net has a facility in McLean, VA , and one in (or right outside of) Washington DC.

-Josh

Yes, check out superb.net & their value colo superbservers.net - excellent peering/network and their value colo is very affordable.

So far pleased with their superbservers.net low-cost server & it's LOW latency