Managed.com feedback

hello,

im looking at getting a server from them. are they a good host to go with? as far as there support, network, and boxes?

Thanks.

Qucik review:

Support: BAD
    Network: Some servers are on good speed, some on bad
    Boxes: what do you mean with that? (explain)

mine was quite alright in the past, until yesterday, it's up and down 2 times! was that only me?

Originally posted by fuse1982
    mine was quite alright in the past, until yesterday, it's up and down 2 times! was that only me?
    off topic - I had 2 hickups, but for like, 2 minutes at a time. Same?

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

over all? on a score of 1 to 5 ? 5 being good?

Also that is a good host for windows 2003 servers? I will be using the box for gaming.

i'd say 4... support is lacking a bit, but i've never had a REAL need for it as of yet. Box has been 100% stable and up since I got it.

Read the 3d immediately following this and the one where they claim some servers went down because someone "tripped on a box" or something. Support (if we want to call it that) is sporadic and they vanish most of the day.

All you get is a recording saying "Our office hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific" even when you're calling at 12:00 noon *their* time.

From what I saw, some flybys.

im looking for:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8-3.06GHZ
    Memory: 1GB DDR RAM, 40gig> HardDrive
    Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH
    Price im looking for is under $125.00
    ----------------------------------------------

Would this be possible to find at this price?

Originally posted by Trilux
    Read the 3d immediately following this and the one where they claim some servers went down because someone "tripped on a box" or something.
    They never said such a thing on the forums, it was said by a user who said they called them, so take that is a 3rd party statement in mind. (I am not saying they didn't say that on the phone, but, that was never the public statement from them) the only reason I bring this up is because I have seen a number of negative reviews that have oddball circumstances behind them.

I have had a box with them for about 6 weeks and I haven't had any down time, maybe a slow hicup (which could easily be any number of routers between them and me)

Edit: I do agree with you get for what you pay for, since I have limited needs and have been admin'ing linux boxes for 8+ years, I have very little need for support. So they are just right for me.
    Last edited by ambirex; 04-16-2004 at 01:20 AM.

Review:

Support: Horrible - The worst - takes forever for normal tickets
    Network: You could be on a good line or a bad one. Its been ok for the last few months.
    Price: You pay for what you get
    FrostVPN.com - Speedy OpenVPN & PPTP VPN Services

I have a dedicated at managed and a reseller account (so cheap its not worth getting rid of) with a company that just moved from managed to another datacenter (reviewed on WHT as one of the most reliable datacenters) for better uptime.

Unfortunately, we NEVER had as much trouble the 8 months it was at managed.com as we are having right now with the new datacenter. I host about 70 sites there and all were down from 6:00pm until about 9:30pm EST, and after they were supposed to be fixed, 35 or so have been down for almost 8 HOURS! Terrible.

Anyway, had much more luck with my dedicated from managed.com since we have had it. Maybe 1 outage in 3 months? Not too bad in my opinion, especially for the price.

Originally posted by DeltaAnime
    off topic - I had 2 hickups, but for like, 2 minutes at a time. Same?

~Francisco
    i don't know if it's two minutes, but i recieved two downtime reports yesterday. and there was one time that i couldn't ping my server and ssh.

Support: The support i have had from managed has been alright, but i haven't needed them all that much. So i am ok.

Network: I get good network speeds from the UK and from other servers as well.

Price: I pay $79.95 for:

2.4Ghz Celeron
    80GB HDD
    512mb RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    CPanel/WHM

Overall i find Managed.com has been an alright company for the time i have been with them, but it has only been a week so we will have to wait and see how they go on.

For my rating i would say 4/5 as my box has been stable since the day i got the information.

Originally posted by ChrisMayhew

Price: I pay $79.95 for:

2.4Ghz Celeron
    80GB HDD
    512mb RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    CPanel/WHM
    For this server about how many web sites would you host?
    Also is there any place that offers windows 2003 cause I am thinking of using asp?
    I may end up buying from managed.com if I can't find another server. Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Drizahy4
    For this server about how many web sites would you host?
    Also is there any place that offers windows 2003 cause I am thinking of using asp?
    I may end up buying from managed.com if I can't find another server. Thanks for any help.
    I am not an actually web host, i just own my dedicated box for my game file site.

Because when i was on my reseller account i was pushing 70gb + a month and it was costing me loads in extra bandwidth.

You would have to really wait and see what web hosts say about how many sites it could run.

Originally posted by ambirex
    They never said such a thing on the forums, it was said by a user who said they called them, so take that is a 3rd party statement in mind.
    I agree and you are right. Should have been more careful in avoiding to make a fact from hearsay.

over all do you all think this package from manged.com there 2.8 ghz package would work fine for game hosting for BF:V? there ping is a little high tho 81 for me.

I think the consensus on the boards is that they don’t make the best game servers, not running one myself I couldn’t say. The power of the machine looks to be enough, but if I recall there have been some posts talking about game server hosting. You might want to do some searches for that.

Or, since there is no set-up fee and its one month at a time, I would say it wouldn’t cost much to run one for a single month and see how it works out.

That was want got me into them instead of some other hosts I thought: “well, if I don’t like them I'll move” So far, for me, It has been just what I needed. YMMV.