Angry My network at angelnetworkz.net

I got my server at angelnetworkz setup before an hour. First thing i noticed when i tried to download updates from red hat is the speed. IT"S HORRIBLE! So I e-mailed them to take a look at my network config and they sent me an e-mail back that BURST networks are slow. OK, So i asked for their test file so i can test the speed.

www.angelnetworkz.com/test-file.exe is a non local file you can try
    downloading.

Tara
    Angel Networkz

OK, so i did it and here is the result:

[[email protected] root]# wget www.angelnetworkz.com/test-file.exe
    --16:25:56-- http://www.angelnetworkz.com/test-file.exe
    => `test-file.exe'
    Resolving www.angelnetworkz.com... done.
    Connecting to www.angelnetworkz.com[216.66.19.190]:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 13,712,184 [application/octet-stream]

3% [> ] 463,992 495.21K/s ETA 00:26
    [[email protected] root]#

I've sent them an e-mail again that it's slow. Here is the e-mail I got back.

Then there must be high traffic in CA right now. Not everything can be at
    top speed all the time. You've had the server an hour. Please try these
    tests later when traffic dies down a bit.

Rachel

Now it's the high trafic? Also I've noticed that this server is from managed.com. I think i am gonna ask for my money back.

my server ip: 65.75.160.90

If you want a server from angelnetworkz, it's better to go to managed.com and get it directly from them for a cheaper price

PS. I was so mad when i was writing the topic should be my server not my network LOL ... sorry

Dude, chill out.
    Give it a few days, see how you like the service, then get pissed.

Having the server for under an hour and u were pissed. i dont get it. not many places actually set your server up within under an hour. lol.

Anyways, maybe im just an optimist.
    - Byron
    www.bmrhosting.net

Re: My network at angelnetworkz.net

Originally posted by SLaTkiS
    So I e-mailed them to take a look at my network config and they sent me an e-mail back that BURST networks are slow.
    Your issue has nothing to do with Burst's network, not sure why they would mention that. You're probably getting the exact same speed as you were when you were with Managed.com directly.

-Josh

I didn't get it setup for an hour. It took them 20 hours to set it up. So the setup time is fine. But the server is not. It's also hosted with managed. You seen what kind of problems I had with managed? I am not going back with them. I would rather close my site then have it hosted at managed.

First you're talking about BURST, then you're talking about managed? Last I heard, Donna's deals with BURST have been over for a while now o_O

Also, didn't you know? redhat's always hammered to the wall. Get it off a mirror, you should be fine then Ya, managed will give it to you at a better price, no doubt. But, if you need cpanel and the works, then it'll most likely be cheaper from AngelNetworkz, since you get cPanel + fantastico & pro-active managing.

I guess it comes down to what your needs are

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I don't have cpanel installed on my server nor any other control panels. I have my own network administrator who does everything for me. I can do a lot things myself but I hired a owner of prostreams.net to do management for me. Sales from angelnetworkz said that BURST has a low speed not me. I've tested the speed on some big servers and I still get 300-500 kbps MOST. I asked them to fix it they not responding. So I've sent a request for a refund through paypal.

Originally posted by SLaTkiS
    I don't have cpanel installed on my server nor any other control panels. I have my own network administrator who does everything for me. I can do a lot things myself but I hired a owner of prostreams.net to do management for me. Sales from angelnetworkz said that BURST has a low speed not me. I've tested the speed on some big servers and I still get 300-500 kbps MOST. I asked them to fix it they not responding. So I've sent a request for a refund through paypal.
    Once again, I have no clue why they're mentioning Burst at all:
    --21:43:14-- http://www.angelnetworkz.com/test-file.exe
    => `test-file.exe'
    Resolving www.angelnetworkz.com... done.
    Connecting to www.angelnetworkz.com[216.66.19.190]:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 13,712,184 [application/octet-stream]

24% [========> ] 3,371,320 695.61K/s ETA 00:14
    I'm able to download that file (Located at TailoredServers.com in Texas on HE.net bandwidth) quicker from Burst than you are from Managed.com.

-Josh

Can you tell me your speed?

This is probably the network problem. So how can they fix it? many ppl in WHT knows that donna is a reseller of managed.com servers. They are charging higher than managed.com because they also provide server management. It's a nice deal isn't it?

It is YOUR responsibility to ask the location of data center before signing up a server. Why ask for a chargeback?
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

i tried to download updates from red hat is the speed. IT"S HORRIBLE!
    redhat's downloads are horrible anyways i see under 100kb transfers all the time.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Yep, I noticed that later on.

findthesites: You are right about that. It was late last night (around 1 a.m.) and I just got tired of searched for servers. I was looking for a server since 10 p.m. so I just dediced i will find some good plan and I will get it. I didn't have time to ask where is there DC because i was asleep (:

P.S. This is a good lesson! BTW I got my refund.

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    redhat's downloads are horrible anyways i see under 100kb transfers all the time.
    Same here, as long as I'm getting 100-150K/s from RHN I'm happy, no matter WHERE I'm downloading from.

495.21K/s ETA 00:26 495K per second that's not that bad, that's like uhm 3 or 4 mbits of throughput, on a single download that's not too bad really.

I grabbed this download from:

EV1:
    00:04:43 (1013.76 KB/s) - `test-file.exe' saved [13712184/13712184]

GNAX:
    00:06:22 (1.35 MB/s) - `test-file.exe' saved [13712184/13712184]

Speed looks allright to me.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

There is something wrong with this thread:

1. ANW clearly state on their site that they provide two types of servers - from Managed.com and from SM. If you signed up for the cheaper servers line, why do you expect them to be located in Dallas or somewhere else, different from San Jose?

2. Asking a reseller to fix the network speed sounds like asking your local DVD bartender to replace Tom Cruise with Keanu Reeves in The Last Samurai crew because you don't like the speed at which Tom moves.

3. All dedicated ANW servers come with cPanel and free Fantastico, fully managed. If you don't need these three things why did you sign up with ANW? Only to have a chance to bash on the "low" download speed?

4. Considering the above three points, there are no legitimate grounds for refund. You got everything they promise. Are you accusing them for their not reading your dissatisfaction with managed.com in your mind? Then you need a parapsychologist, not a server reseller.

Sorry for beeing a little more harsh than needed.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Not the fastest

18:04:46 (691.82 KB/s) - `test-file.exe' saved [13712184/13712184]

But it's decent.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

We have a 7 day money back guarantee (not counting setup fees)

He wants a refund an hour after getting the server it's fine by me, I have 5 ppl waiting on that exact same server already so now there's 1 that's going to be thrilled to get theirs early

Sprint.. which server did you pull that from? angelnetworkz.net is on Dallas and I've been playing with it (lagging it) all day.

Angelnetworkz.com is also on a dallas server but that server is always heavy traffic (a bunch of fanlistings sites for stars etc lol).

Then that same file is on angelgames.net which is in San jose and nothing but a couple quake3 servers on it.

The following is a box from Angelnetworkz:

09:57:02 (415.48 KB/s) - `test-file.exe.2' saved [13712184/13712184]

The following is from my box in m.com :-

10:07:43 (709.41 KB/s) - `test-file.exe' saved [13712184/13712184]

You just can tmake some clients happy no matter what. The guy complained about managed and then ran out and got another box with a managed reseller? You just wont see good speed off managed.com servers unless your working a box in Ca or at least within a few hops. NOt that his speed complaints were valid, using a single site / file to evaluate network performance is a complete newb technique.
    www.fxpbackup.com
    www.volohost.net
    Gnax dedicated servers and backup solutions.

Celeron 2.4 Ghz
    512 MB ram
    80 GB hard drive
    10 IP's
    1000 GB bandwidth
    cpanel/WHM
    Fantastico

Costs same, you only pay $25 extra for a setup fee plus you get a fully managed server... And if you prepay two months you get free setup and a third month free. So I would prefer Angelnetworkz.net