Thread: spam revenge!

spam revenge!

Something that I've been having fun with for awhile...ya, it wastes a bit of time...but it feels good to get some level of revenge..I try to do this with 1 or 2 north american companies a month that I get spam from.

I recently got spam from a place that designs corporate logos, so I visited their site and asked about their "complete corporate identity pakage" which retails for $795 but that I needed about 15 logos done for 15 different companies (a potential sale worth thousands to them) I asked what kind of discounts I could get.

They replied quickly and were rather excited to offer me a bulk discount and voiced that they were eager to start for me!

I waited a few days before replying back (this helps because it makes them anxious, they REALLY want your business and are on pins and needles until you reply)

So I reply back saying: "Wow..that sounds like a great deal! How do we proceed? I anticipate needing another 50 of these packages within 6 months I hope I can maintain this great rate of $600 per package!"

They reply back even more excited and advise how to proceed..they are so happy!

I reply back after another 2 days of making them wait/suffer then I reply:

"Oh...you must have thought I was serious! You, see, you wasted my time with your fu**ing SPAM that I just thought I'd waste a little of your time. Like it? I didn't think so!

Respectfully,"

I just kind of cross my fingers that sometime I'll get someone excited enough about a "sure sale" for $X,XXX excited enough that they may go out and buy new equipment, or treat themselves to something (which is another reason why I delay my replies) then when they don't get the sale, they've prematurely spent some of the money they thought they'd be making...all because of their stupid spam!

Yes..time consuming...but it feels goooooood.

i like to do that with the nigerians and their car sales. its real easy to get those guys hopes up....

inevitally i get all confused and ask them where the sack of money is and that i waited for red squirrel in the park for all afternoon adn he never showed that dirty commie, but wheres my money?!
    jubba joo!

That's so cruel.

You showed 'em, eh? In the future, filtering and the delete button is a wonderful invention. If you want to have fun, forward an abuse complaint to their provider and to them. They always like that.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

ē Chicken

if they got a response from 10% of that mail theyd be flattened. the more time you waste of theirs the less time they waste of mine.

if its therapeutic then knock yourself out
    jubba joo!

i've been getting alot of those emails lately, glad to see ya got back at then

I heard of a competition about who could get the Nigerian Spammer to be the most inconvenienced. People would pretend to be really interested in transfering funds into their checking account and would just keep the replies going back and forth. I heard someone actually got a spammer caught on one of those street watching web cams by promising to meet him with a check.

Very good idea Good revenge tactic.
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon

Hmm...intriguing but wouldn't that get your email sold to many more spam lists and double, triple or exponentially increase the amount of spam you receive once they figure out you've just been messing with them for revenge?

I liked your technique pokerstore. It looks like fun. Too time consuming though...

I wonder what the designers on the other side must be thinking.

Would love to hear them reply back. That would be even more fun.

I got the same one. I should do something like this, too.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Thats hilarious. I should try that sometime....... I need to think of some way to get rid of telemarketers adn junk mail now too.

When "toying" with them, I always use a generic internet based email account (@canada.com) so I don't care about the spam to it...but in order to incur my "wrath" they had to have spammed my actual work email. Here was their first reply...look at how happy they are! I'll find the rest..

Dear Mr. Mxxxxxxx
    >
    > Thank you for your interest in XXXX !
    >
    > Your proposal sounds rather inspiring. We are greatly
    > interested in stable long-term relations and the
    > discount value will greatly depend on you logo
    > requirements. Please, feel free to contact me directly.
    > Iím available at MSN Messenger @hotmail.com at
    > ISQ or by phone +7 902.
    >
    > Iím looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    >
    > Best regards,

Oooooh..they are pumped. I replied saying that before the end of the year, my partner and I will likely require 56 of their top end packages and asked how to proceed because I'm very eager to get started ASAP.

angermismanagement.com/rant_spam.htm

Spam sucks

lol...

Sounds like something Id do. Hmm, time to sift thru junk email then I guess. I get a TON of those emails that promise high end software for like 5% of its actual cost...hrrrmmmm
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years