WebmastersEmpire.com

http://webmastersempire.com
    The site opens on May 10th, until then registration is disabled, I'm looking for some people to rate the forum overall, the skin, the categories & forums... etc. I want to get everything perfect before opening date.
    Any feedback is good feedback

Thanks,
    Ashraf Abed

I think that your skin is nice, very clean looking.

Keeping the categories to a minimum (which you have done) is also a good idea for new forums. I would probably delete the bad hosts forum and try to incorporate it with the web host discussion until the community grows and I would move web host offers to the business category.

I would also add an advertising/promotion/marketing/SEO type forum (perhaps instead of bad hosts) and a web development forum (for html, xhtml, css, php, asp etc topics)

Other than that everything else looks pretty good to me.

Good luck with it all!

Originally posted by Mencus
    I think that your skin is nice, very clean looking.

Keeping the categories to a minimum (which you have done) is also a good idea for new forums. I would probably delete the bad hosts forum and try to incorporate it with the web host discussion until the community grows and I would move web host offers to the business category.

I would also add an advertising/promotion/marketing/SEO type forum (perhaps instead of bad hosts) and a web development forum (for html, xhtml, css, php, asp etc topics)

Other than that everything else looks pretty good to me.

Good luck with it all!
    Bad hosts forum has been deleted, web development added, and web host offersmovedinto business exchange.

Thanks alot,
    Ashraf Abed

Yeah that looks much better. You could probably also make the description for Main Forum a little more descriptive

Another thing I like to do with forums is change the word "register" to "join" in the language file. I just think it is less confusing for new users etc.

The only problem I've found with the design is the folder icon next to the words, "Webmaster's Empire". It doesn't fit with the design color, plus it has white pixilated boxes around the icon.
    Chris Tauscher
    SHIFTIFY

Originally posted by Mencus
    Yeah that looks much better. You could probably also make the description for Main Forum a little more descriptive

Another thing I like to do with forums is change the word "register" to "join" in the language file. I just think it is less confusing for new users etc.
    I'll do it once I switch computers, and DosEvil I was planning on doing that that was one of the few images I have yet to update from the default vB skin.

Thanks again.

OK. Well, I wish you best of luck on the opening of your forums then.
    Chris Tauscher
    SHIFTIFY

Simple yet nice. Good job.

Thanks, so far that skin hasn't received any negative ratings - I'm making another skin right now, a little more graphic-heavy but should still come out fast loading, just to give users something to choose from.