how many do you lose a day

If you sign up 5-6 a day that is great if you have 100 clients, but if you have 50,000 then you will probably not be doing good so hot. So my question is what percentage of clients do people usually lose per day?
    Alvin

Thats a question I have never seen asked before. LOL.
    -- Matthew

Greetings:

Hmmm... three or less clients per year. 1/3rd went out of business, 1/3rd took it in house, and 1/3rd went to another provider (all approximations).

Now do the math to get the daily figure ;-)

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I've lost 6 clients total ever since I've started hosting. All 6 were clients that I acquired when I purchased another company, and they left within the first 2 months while we were migrating accounts over to our servers. That was about a 5% churn of all the clients we purchased, which isn't bad.

Other than that, we havent lost a single client

We terminated one account (spammer), but other than that we still have our first client and have not lost any.

We're more than happy to have a 95% retention rate for monthly paying clients and 70% for annually paying clients.

Kevin

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    We terminated one account (spammer), but other than that we still have our first client and have not lost any.

That's amazing. Will you be my mentor ?
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

No clients have been lost yet.

ive lost the same client 3x. and ive lost 3 other clients i believe

out of 50 or so clients.

i think its an ok rate for what is a modest start. i gain more than i lose thats whats important.
    jubba joo!

Been in business for over a year now, and we only lost 1 client so far.
    Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is...
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

I am surprised at how little people have lost. I would have expected more.
    Alvin

When you provide good service, you usually keep them.

Lost a few who either just lost interest in having a website or went with a friend who is hosting them now. Another we lost after a downtime and they went with a cheaper provider. They came back after a few months after nothing but problems with another provider that wasn't able to quite provide the same amount of service and response times. My company raised prices a bit and they're now on a slightly more expensive plan, but are very happy. No downtime what-so-ever since they came back. She's one of my favorite clients, which is why that one sticks out more than many others.

There may be more, but nothing I've noticed personally. I'm not always the one that handles everything fortunately.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

I didn't lose any customer so far... I've been in business for a whole month

We've lost less then a half dozen domains, however in most of those cases it was due to a company going under, however the owners for all but one of those companies went with us with their next (doomed) venture.
    AC Host Canada Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available

That's amazing. Will you be my mentor ?
    That would be a mentor from the Non-Overselling School.

I didn't lose any customer so far... I've been in business for a whole month
    That's funny all right!

Lets see we've lost only 3 in the last 2 years so that's a good thing. While losing clients is bad it can't always be avoided. If I remember correctly all but one left on good terms. The last one did not go around damaging our reputation or anything so I would say all in all no big deal.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

When a customer leaves, it can have varying effects on your company. If they leave in good standing, they will often still give you good word of mouth. And if they leave on a bad note, and they do 'bad mouth' your company, it can often drive more traffic/customers to you.

But its is always best to provide top-notch service, and grow via word of mouth from your current, happy customers.

and they do 'bad mouth' your company, it can often drive more traffic/customers to you.
    Especially if that person is known by many to complain a lot, then most people will not take what the person says with reservation.
    Alvin