I need a bit of a donation/favor!

Hi,

Bear with me a second here..and read what I need, and why:

I am trying to do a HowTo on installing a "Email Firewall" in front of your cPanel servers in order to have email scanned for viruses/spam before they hit your actual server.

There's tons of benefits to this, firstly, the setup I do is much more reliable than the MailScanner+SpamAssassin install you can do on a cPanel box, also it helps reduce a lot of load on your servers since they don't have to process spam/viruses/etc.

Now, the issue is....Before I can do the HowTo, I need a dedicated server. I've already done numerous setups of these, so I'm not using this to learn how to do it, simply as a tool while I do a HowTo (freely distributed) for other people to use.

All I need is a Dedicated Server (VPS would probably work) with any version of Redhat (preferably RHEL) and nothing else (read: no changes at all, no cpanel, nothing.). That, and I need a week or so to do it.

What's in it for you:

Firstly, I'll put you at the bottom of the HowTo, which I expect obe pretty widely used in the long run, secondly, you get a free full install of this you can use for your client's if you wish.

If you can do this for me, drop me a note at [email protected], I have plenty of references and what not who can testify that I'm not going to do anything malcious.

Thanks.

Just a thought, but have you considered using Vmware?
    Cheap Resale Warehouse : The Lowest Prices for Godaddy / Wild West Domains reseller accounts allowed on the web http://www.cheapresalewarehouse.com
    [/B]

I think you need to rethink what you're asking. You're going to be selling software but expect others to fund it for you? People might invest, but certainly not donate. If you were giving it away for free with open source then some people may help. That's like someone saying donate $150/mo. to me, i'll start up a web hosting company and give you a free account when it does better!

Originally posted by RaineTech
    I think you need to rethink what you're asking. You're going to be selling software but expect others to fund it for you? People might invest, but certainly not donate. If you were giving it away for free with open source then some people may help. That's like someone saying donate $150/mo. to me, i'll start up a web hosting company and give you a free account when it does better!
    you mis-read it. The How-To is free. The person/company that allows him use of their server gets to keep that installation of it for their own use - i.e. in trade, he does the installation for you as he's writing his How-To.

I didn't see anything about selling software.

Am I wrong on that?

Originally posted by RaineTech
    He says the howto will be freely distributed, meaning, this is a benefit to the hosting community.

ow, the issue is....Before I can do the HowTo, I need a dedicated server. I've already done numerous setups of these, so I'm not using this to learn how to do it, simply as a tool while I do a HowTo (freely distributed) for other people to use.

You did, people just tend to speak/reply before they've actually read the entire post.