Selling domain names

I am not interested in making a profit from selling domain names. I just want to make it easier for my customers. I would like a customer to be able to register a name and sign up for my hosting service all on my page. How would I go about doing this?

Hello,

You can become a domain reseller through several companies. openSRS through Tucows, Inc. is the first too come to mind: http://resellers.tucows.com/.

Once you have an account setup you would need to incorporate a script on your Web page. You can do this with custom code, or you should be able to find such scripts.

Good luck w/ you endeavors!
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

You could also use Direct-I. Fees are minimum for standard TLD reselling. You can pay slabs of so much to reduce the TLD fees.

http://www.directi.com

They provide you html code to add certain things to your website.

Give it a look.

Hello,

Timothy, Direct-I looks like a nice resource. Have you used them? If so, I take you are pleased w/ their service(s)?

Thanks,
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

Enom (http://www.enom.com) also offers domain reseller programs; there are many enom resellers offering free $8.95 accounts and you can also find $7.95 accounts for a fairly low price if you do a little searching. Once you're signed up as a reseller you can deposit any amount via check/money order or minimum $100 via Paypal/Credit Card. One tip - don't sign up directly with enom for a reseller account or you'll have to shell out a lot money to start up. They also offer Registry Rocket, will integrates with your site and allows you to accept CC payments for domains (there is a per-domain/transaction fee, but it is automated).

We've been using enom for over a year and are very happy with their program.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

We are using directi, They are excellent. I will definately recommand directi.

We use Enom and it integrates with our ordering script. Customers can order a domain and hosting in the same process.

Works real well for us.
    Rob
    Founder and former owner of SRLnet. Sold in 2006

mydomainreseller.com has an api for searching domains from your site. They have no setup fees like a lot of the other ones. I dont see how the companies can charge me for the oppurtunity to sell their products? TLDs are 7.95 each which isnt cheap but I just want my customers to have an all in one place for domains, hosting etc... so I dont care about making a bunch of money selling domain names.

account

If you need an ENOM reseller account for $8.95 reg fees let me know I'll set you up with one for free.

Monie8

Originally posted by AllenB
    Hello,

Timothy, Direct-I looks like a nice resource. Have you used them? If so, I take you are pleased w/ their service(s)?

Thanks,
    I have used DirectI and have been very pleased with their service. Their site has some issues under mozilla on linux, but besides that everything has been great.

You should choose carefully which reseller program you want to go with. Some provide you with free software to integrate it into your site and with you merchant account. Others just provide the account and an API and you will need to integrate yourself. Some offer the complete thing - including the credit card processing. Make up your mind and do the necessary research before deciding who to go with.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Yes I use them when needed. I recommend them to anyone.