Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nocster Rocks Lately

Well a lot of people posted bad reviews&experiences about nocster.com or burst.net here and sumhow they had right to do. But now Nocster is very very good lately and still same cheap affordable prices for high-bandwith. Before I was suggesting nocster for only webhosting but now I can suggest it for game or shoutcast too.Since they fixed and packet loss is ZER0, the test servers I put online sold in same day.Thanks and Keep it up Noctser!

HI, Yes i would have to agree burst has been very good network wise lately. Which makes it very good for us that resell for them.

But if you think about it it seems to me that it goes in waves one month tp/sm is the best becuase burst or managed had some packet problems but then the next month burst or Ev1 is on top becuase tp/Sm had routing issues. all in all i say that each of them have thier own qualities. Just depends on whats right for you.

But yes the pricing at burst is excellent. I guess thats good for all of us. Now if they can just work on the the set up times i will be a happy camper.

My $0.02

Thanks for the info, that's good to hear. Might just consider them now that I'm looking for a dedicated server.

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    Might just consider them now that I'm looking for a dedicated server.
    Double for me too!

The network is awesome, support is amazing as always. The XO fiber is coming in soon too, everything is heading in the right direction. No more spam listings at SpamHaus either!

- Matt

.... outside of the fiasco a couple months ago, they seem to be doing pretty well. Their prices are so cheap (especially if you resell with them) that you really don't have much to lose.

Good work Nocster ! *fingers crossed for no more day long outages!*
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !

donno how much that fiasco was nocsters fault, or the fault of the cable company.

.... regardless, it was certainly a fiaso and the servers are located in that DC .... things can be done to keep that from occuring ... it is called redundancy they are doing a good job though, so thumbs up !
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com

Originally posted by nate
    .... regardless, it was certainly a fiaso and the servers are located in that DC .... things can be done to keep that from occuring ... it is called redundancy they are doing a good job though, so thumbs up !
    That's why the XO fiber is coming in

I understand that .... however, at the time, that was not the case.... hence "my fingers crossed comment" ...

NOCSTER .... KEEP IT UP ! (the good job that is)
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com

Yea, their pricing is really great right now. The only thing they have to work on right now is the setup times like COOLASU said.

Keep it up

I personally don't mind the setup times I just wished the provided a clear date and then miss it and it misses the weekend thats the only downer

Dan

Originally posted by SLaTkiS
    Yea, their pricing is really great right now. The only thing they have to work on right now is the setup times like COOLASU said.

Keep it up
    New Shared & VPS Offerings Coming Soon!

I have been with a reseller of theirs for about a week now. Support is awesome, network is above average, hardware is fine, setup time is horrible though.
    hm what should I put in my sig?

What's the average set up times for Nocster these days? Does it make a difference if I went through a good reseller like Mainarea?

Great to hear it's not just me who likes nocster.

It's usually 1-2 days, Resellers don't hamper setup time.
    --

I had my faith in nocster, they recovered from that big outage.

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    What's the average set up times for Nocster these days? Does it make a difference if I went through a good reseller like Mainarea?
    Setup time wouldn't be different by going with us, unless you purchase a server that is already online (they're not advertised on our website, and we don't have any at the moment).

- Matt

I ordered 2 boxes. ONe took about 3 days.. the other took a little over 2 days.

For the prices and for a MANAGED box.. who cares how long it take.. once it is up, you have great support, and (lately) a GOOD network!

I strongly agree!

Network been good since they fixed their issues. Server setup times aren't great though, but bearable especially if we remember the price and their reseller program is great too. Keep it up Nocster!

Well it surprises me the short memories people have... in any case, they have issues, then have a lot of people claiming they had improved, had issues (the big outage etc.) and now this again.

Running a business, we are going with someone who can give us 100% all the time and not 100% only sometimes...
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Originally posted by sprintserve
    Running a business, we are going with someone who can give us 100% all the time and not 100% only sometimes...
    Well said.

Setup is usually 2-3 days
    hm what should I put in my sig?

NOBODY will give you %100 ... 99.** is possible but %100 isn't

Well you aren't playing the same game then. There are providers giving 100% network uptime guarantees and delivering too.
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |

Yes they are doing better. I'm almost ready to forgive them for last month's disaster...

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-11-2004 at 09:45 PM.

I haven't seen that yet. What if power goes out for 10 days? hahahaha

Everybody has issues, even top providers. It's just top providers have them less often (not all of them), but then you pay them premium price, whereas budget providers have issues more often (not always), but anyone can afford them. Affording this or that dedicated server provider is the same as choosing shared hosting: you can find the same plan for $5 and $10 and $15. You'll just be getting different level of service for each of them. While the difference in service level between $5 and $15 is obvious in most cases, the difference between $5 and $10 or $10 and $15 is not always obvious. What I mean here is there's a market for different levels of service and pricing, and if people are using them, then they aren't that bad at all.

Setup 2-3 days!??! thats perfect what more do u want?

To say Nocster has been reliable for a month, therefore they're "good" is to say that because I haven't had a bullet in my brain the last three times I pulled the trigger when playing Russian Roulette, the game is "safe".

Nocster has a long history of massive outages, and each time they fix them people come back and say, "I guess the bad times are behind them." The real way to check the reliability of a network is to look and see how many major outages have they had over the last two years. Nocster has had a number of them, not just last month but in other cases.

I had a Nocster server and before I signed up with them people had said "Nocster has had network problems in the past, but things seem to be better now." Well, they weren't "better" --- it was just the same mismanagement as before. They didn't have real redundancy, and clearly their management didn't treat network connectivity as a priority.

The other providers have fewer outages over the long term, meaning they have a better understanding of how to manage their network. Of course, maybe Nocster's problems ARE behind them, but one month of network uptime isn't enough evidence to convince me of that. Talk to me in a couple of years, THEN we'll see whether they've really turned the corner.

Originally posted by sprintserve
    Well it surprises me the short memories people have... in any case, they have issues, then have a lot of people claiming they had improved, had issues (the big outage etc.) and now this again.

This pretty much sums it up, people have short memories. A DC that has one major meltdown may be forgivable. This particular DC consistently has issues. It's like a roller coaster ride, great for a few months and then a major meltdown. There have been at least 3 major meltdowns that I know of in the past year or so. That doesn't even count the weeks of packetloss and other network related issues during the same time period.

If Burst could ever provide good service for more than 12 months in a row, without one of their consistent major meltdowns I'd be more inclined to think they solved their problems instead of just blaming them all on someone or something else...

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    This pretty much sums it up, people have short memories. A DC that has one major meltdown may be forgivable. This particular DC consistently has issues. It's like a roller coaster ride, great for a few months and then a major meltdown. There have been at least 3 major meltdowns that I know of in the past year or so. That doesn't even count the weeks of packetloss and other network related issues during the same time period.

If Burst could ever provide good service for more than 12 months in a row, without one of their consistent major meltdowns I'd be more inclined to think they solved their problems instead of just blaming them all on someone or something else...
    The web hosting business moves much faster than other industries- 12 months is a really long time.

I think the point is that when Nocster customers feel like they've recovered in terms of their profits and in the level of trust they maintain with their customers, they're ready to recommend the company again.

I measure my DC's (network) history by looking at how all of it's previous problems are currently affecting my revenues and my relationships with customers. I've now gained back twice as much revenue as I'd lost from the most recent network outage, and I get the sense that my customers are trusting the service I provide again. If you look at it in those terms, the most recent outage is becoming more of a non-issue, and I'm ready to say that Nocster is doing a good job again.

(Disclosure: I resell dedicated servers for Nocster. However, 2/3 of my net revenue comes from shared clients; this may or may not nullify some of my bias.)
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

I remember the fiasco that occured two months ago ish all too well, I will never again risk my business with Nocster. Wholesale Internet and ServerMatrix have been taking my business for now and they've been doing a great job.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

They all suck, the hard part is picking the one who sucks less.

And THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 100% UPTIME ALL THE TIME!

You may get it for a year striaght but eventually you will have a hardware failure, routing problems, network outage, guy trips over a hub(lol).

For you guys saying that there is you are wrong. Period

Now i sell for nocster and i have my problems with there set ups times, lack of communication with resellers, etc

but i also, love the pricing they offer resellers, they are not out here trying to undersell us(we get 25% off no matter what sale is going on) i can and have called them and got immediate satisfaction.

So there are good and bad. But i have no complaints from any of my customers there and they enjoy it becuase i save them money by them going through me.

Now, am i saying that Servermatrix are bad heck no they are on a awesome network in dallas. i have had a server there through angelnetworkz and have had excellent up time. I will try and incorperate them into my business in the future.

But i just enjoy the cheap servers i can offer to my clients and hope to sell hundreds if not thousands of nocster servers.
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

I hate to say...... but quite a number of the people shoring up the borders for them are their resellers... read what you may out of that.

Hey Sprintserve your the one that said you have 100% uptime and only go with companies that do.

Hmm well i was doing some searching around here and all the companies mentioned in this thread seem to be in this forum.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=59

Hmm so much for your 100%. And there are no alternative motives involved in any of my posts. Come on now. It has to be a good thing for you to post against other companies with that bright colorful sig
    AIM=cooltjn1

Well that's because we don't use the companies listed in there and I didn't state either that Nocster is alone either though I am probably not aware of any with the type of record they have. Listed there don't mean necessary mean they are down either, if you read the thread.

No motives? Come on now. A reseller... praising the data center they resell... it's seems a direct relationship to me...

I am done here. The readers can decide themselves.
    Last edited by sprintserve; 04-17-2004 at 05:25 AM.

So why trash another company that does exactly what you do?

Did you feel like doing some competitor bashing today?

Is that the way you want Sprintserve.net to be preceived?

I am sure your fans will come out and protect you. But seriously think about it. You are a Community Liasion here.

Do you see Inet comming on here bashing hosthideout every chance they get?

I am not trying to start a arguement here it just seems it is a double standard going on around here.

They say to always say something good about someone. So I really like your website, I think it is very original.

Cheers
    AIM=cooltjn1

If you treat this truth as bashing, I am sorry it hurts. But as a Community Liasion, it certainly doesn't perclude us from posting what we think.

I posted what I think: a month or so of "recovery" is not equals to "rock lately", especially considering the record of the so-called company has been a rollercoaster in the past. This is not the first time we see this either... downtimes, bad services, claims of it being "rocking", downtimes, claims of it recovering, repeat a few times...

Saying it "rocks" recently certainly seems misleading to me, given the record it have. Think what you may.

Whatever lets you sleep at night.
    AIM=cooltjn1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast