View Poll Results: ThePlanet or EV1Servers?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ThePlanet

21 77.78%
  • EV1Servers

6 22.22%

Question ThePlanet or EV1Servers?

Well, since I might be starting a new Game Servers Business I wanted to know by the people who have been in this companies which one would you go with and why?

All replies/suggestions are highly appriciated.

Note: Please don't get this into a war, I just want to know comments and reviews on this.

Thanks & Regards

Neither. TP/SM seems to have router issues once or twice a month and EV1 is just not known for game servers. I have never tried EV1 thats just what I hear.

Depending on your level of commitment I would look towards the higher end DC's. Games require perfect uptime and zero packetloss, Thats hard to do at a budget house.

What would you recommend me? ServerMatrix or what?

He said neither, I voted for Server Matrix. I think they're a great network.

What's your budget, and which servers are you planning on getting? Also, are you going to manage them yourself?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

It's me and 2 friends. We're planning on getting something like P3 2.4 GHz with 1GB RAM. What we would really like to know is a good network (server provider, in texas) that can really give us quality for our customers.

Well, Server Matrix is *true* quality, and if you're looking for a Texas provider, then they're your best bet, (in my opinion.) They have a fabulous network, and very nice support. However, sometimes you can get even cheaper pricing, and comprable to better support by going through a quality reseller.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

So I guess ServerMatrix is good place, anyone could back up Lucid-Felix opinion? If so I might go with ServerMatrix

ThePlanet & ServerMatrix are the same I would go with the planet. I have a few colo and rented there. Great network nothing to complain.

Originally posted by crspyjohn
    ThePlanet & ServerMatrix are the same I would go with the planet. I have a few colo and rented there. Great network nothing to complain.
    ThePlanet is preatty expensive and doesn't have P4 like ServerMatrix, only Duals.

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    Well, Server Matrix is *true* quality, and if you're looking for a Texas provider, then they're your best bet, (in my opinion.) They have a fabulous network, and very nice support. However, sometimes you can get even cheaper pricing, and comprable to better support by going through a quality reseller.
    You did know alot of machines were offline for up to 2 1/2 hours today at SM... Last month router outages totalled 3+ hours.. Would you still call that a great network?

For the price and network i think SM is great they will get there act back together. It can't get any better for the price they offer servers at.

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    You did know alot of machines were offline for up to 2 1/2 hours today at SM... Last month router outages totalled 3+ hours.. Would you still call that a great network?
    100% Uptime for my two servers at SM since last August

It's my personal opinion that you would get better service from The Planet (Servermatrix) than EV1 Servers.

Originally posted by kingpcgeek
    100% Uptime for my two servers at SM since last August
    Lucky you.

I've been with servermatrix for a month and a half now, and with EV1 for 19 months.

With EV1 I've had 100% uptime to the best of my knowledge for the 19 months.

With Servermatrix I've had ~4 hours of downtime due to router issue, but I did get an SLA credit of 20% of the monthly for the downtime. Hopefully (and I'm placing my bet on this as I plan on staying with servermatrix so as to have a server with both) that was only bad luck and won't happen again.

Servermatrix Benefits:
    + More Helpful People
    + Hardware offers better value for the dollar under $200/month
    + More flexible (cross connects, custom partitioning, etc.)
    + Phone support so you can talk to a tech in an emergency

EV1 Beneifts:
    + More reliable network
    + Faster trouble ticket response than servermatrix for other than emergencies.