The niceset hosting sites?

Hello,

Can anyone give me links to hosting (only please) sites that they like, that have nice design layouts, or that you just like in general?

I am trying to get design ideas for my website only.

Thank you,
    Kyle

I love http://www.2advanced.net, very nice.

I have never heard of them.

Thank you, Kyle Leissner

Yeah, that site is very nice.

Every one of the sites posted so far takes an age to load on dial-up (I'm using a friend's AOHell connection at the moment). While I wouldn't call myself an impatient person, if I was the average Internet user, I would be clicking the back button before any of these sites finished loading.

that's because of all the flash...

Am I the only one here who thinks Ceonex sites are nothing special, on top of the fact that they all look the same?

http://www.hostnexus.com/ looks the best IMO. Allthough I havent seen all hosting/isp sites. And its not because its a ceonex design. I have seen some crappy designs from them. Not saying I could do it any better

^^^

Whoa... it took a whole minute for that site to load on my comp.

I think these are really nice "looking" site, and they do attract customers and whatnot, but when it comes to effectiveness, you have to take into consideration that if the website takes forever to load visitors will just give up half way through.

Then again, it's much easier to buy a visually appealing template for $50 than it is to spend a few hours designing a nice, effective and quick loading website.

just my $0.02 (Canadian!)

Ah, but once it's loaded and cached, it's pretty fast. Our site, websitesource, hostrocket etc are not $50 templates (try adding 3 more zeroes). They are custom sites designed by Ceonex and I doubt that any of them took less than 6 months to make.

Make sure you check out the Flash presentations on them too as that is what took the longerst to make. I like ours best because the music isn't hardcore nosebleed material.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

You paid $50,000 for that design?!

That's it, I'm quitting everything and getting into design/marketing...
    Last edited by fantom; 04-16-2004 at 12:47 AM.

yes, the design is a little dated and dark...but I've always liked it: http://www.mustangtechno.com/index.html

bill

All these people on 56k quit whinning, and get dsl or cable, its not expensive anymore, and if your in this industry you shouldn't be using 56k, it only downgrades what the web can be.

1. What's preventing proper Internet growth is people who refuse to learn to spell. It's a basic skill.

2. Downgrades the web? I've seen 7mb flash sites that 'downgrade the web.' I'm on a high-speed line but if a site takes minutes to load I don't really care who spent how much or how long it took to make; I'll move on.

great site, i duno how to thank all of you ~~~~

Originally posted by Firefuze
    All these people on 56k quit whinning, and get dsl or cable, its not expensive anymore, and if your in this industry you shouldn't be using 56k, it only downgrades what the web can be.
    Good grief. I wonder if he even knows the meaning of the word "condescending"...

Ah, but once it's loaded and cached, it's pretty fast. Our site, websitesource, hostrocket etc are not $50 templates (try adding 3 more zeroes). They are custom sites designed by Ceonex and I doubt that any of them took less than 6 months to make.
    Now I like companies like yours, you don't expect 50$ - 200$ designs to be great, you do know how much effort is involved and how much time, especially to get a final product that your company actually likes and thinks represents them best.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

www.logicalfx.com on my clientlist

I'll add our host site here once it launches
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Originally posted by 4 Degrees
    Now I like companies like yours, you don't expect 50$ - 200$ designs to be great, you do know how much effort is involved and how much time, especially to get a final product that your company actually likes and thinks represents them best.
    Indeed, there is a huge difference between a 14 year year old knocking up a template when he should be doing homework and have a team of 7-8 people with mouths to feed working pretty much full time for 4-6 months on your project.

I just wish more people would subject that logic to the hosting business as well.

Originally posted by Styl X
    www.logicalfx.com on my clientlist
    Not bad at all. It has some very nice components but it's a tad blue.

No officence nexdog but the whole grid thing you got on your site going on is like playing battle ship. E1..... Miss B4... You sunk my battle ship

Great, one less competitor.