How can I get the most out of my site (advertising revenue)?

Ok, I am quite sure I posted this in the most relevent area. I own a website, that in turn allows people to make their own web based games free of charge. I currently have one CPM/CPC banner at the bottom, and have popups (seems to be doing like 1 out of 10 chance to popup).

I just wanted to know is there any other way to gain more revenue so I would be able to pay for scripts, domains, hosting, and anything else I would need to enhance my business (which I would like it to become).

Any and all help is appreciated.

http://EasyRPG.com

-Dusk

Dusk

First of all, kill the pop-ups, theres far more consistent and less irritating ways of advertising.

Next sit down and write out a profile of who you think your audience are, their age, length of time online, their confidence with using the net as a buying tool, possible other interests.

Then work out products, services and other resources that might interest your demographic profile.

I'm guessing your traffic isn't all that huge at the moment, so next decide do you want to work on a CPA (you get paid everytime a sale is made based on advertising from your site) or CPM/CPC which is just based on serving banners/ads to your visitors regardless of whether they take any action.

The next thing you want to do is work on link building, but right now I need to go so I'll carry this on later
    New Shared & VPS Offerings Coming Soon!

Right now most of my traffic is coming from my Web Based game, PhantasyRPG.com which so far this month got 483,004 impressions. Im using a CPM for that one, and getting about .09 per 1000.

My traffic reports for easyrpg.com are not working as of the moment. I switched my hosting around to host easyrpg.com instead of another site I have, and all of the statistics are blank. But I'm pretty sure it isnt that great.

Thanks for the info.

-Dusk

Depending on how many clicks you get, maybe you could try Google AdSense... Those ads will integrate fairly easily and a good click through ratio will bring in more than what you make now.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH