Post Shared or VPS Recomendation needed

Hi,
    I am looking for host with following needs....

1) Win 2K or Win 2003
    2) Shared SQL 2000
    3) Upto 100-150 GB Data Transfer
    4) Likely to allow 64 or More MB RAM for processes
    5) All other goodies.....

This is for my personal website hosting needs. Please give me recommendation....

My budget is $100-150

Thanks

150.00 month budget? Get your own server.

www.ServerMatrix.com is a GREAT provider, and has windows solutions.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

My Problem is

1) I really do not want to bother with monitoring server and updating etc. I would rather spend time on my core business instead of trying to figure out how to do hosting

2) Security is biggest concern. I have to go in too detail to make sure my server is secure rather then professional is taking care of security of server...

3) I like to sleep in night....

Understood.

Go with a ServerMatrix reseller, many of them provide fully managed solutions - and can completely manage your server for you - taking care of the security and the headaches.

Just wondering - are you opposed to using Unix rather then Windows?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Thank you for your recommendation. On ServerMatrix I do not see any Reseller Program. Would you mind posting URL for it. I do like them but I was not sure they will fit to my needs.

About Unix...I am stuck with ASP and .NEt and SQL SErver technology using on my website...So I can't use UNIX. Now I started realized that I should have started to write my site on Unix platform instead of MICROSOFT..

Also, any other recomendation..How about ECUI.COM ?. Their Lite Plan $39.99 meets my all needs but their Unlimited Data Transfer and NO Telephone or Email contact on their website makes me nervous. They do not even have any contact info. to contact to sales person or pre-sales question

On ServerMatrix I do not see any Reseller Program.
    I believe Lucid-Felix refers to people who have servers at ServerMatrix and resell them (offering a completely managed solution).

Never go for unlimited bandwidth and/or space. They do not exist so they can't be offered.

If you still want to contact Ecui try: http://www.ecui.com/general/contact.aspx?sm=5

<edit>
    Sorry - I didn't see the poster was looking for a Windows solution so I took out my Linux recommendation
    </edit>

Just be careful that you go with a company that is fully manged. Companies differ in their definitions of managed so read the fine print and understand what they do and do not cover.

check also jumpline or korksoft

check out ********.com

hmm, just ignore it. Don't know they're banned here.

I am really surprised that still I have not found any suggestion which does not meet my Medium-Higher end Hosting needs...

I have gone through whole web and so far none of them met my requirement...

Found so many host who offers on Linux Platform but few or none on Windows...Surprise surprise....

Guys...I needs Suggest for Windows Hosting with around 100GB transfer.....SQL

check out http://411asp.net/home/hosting Maybe you'll find one.

I've been getting bad support from ECUI lately - just fyi.

Re: Shared or VPS Recomendation needed

Originally posted by mamin
    Hi,
    I am looking for host with following needs....

1) Win 2K or Win 2003
    2) Shared SQL 2000
    3) Upto 100-150 GB Data Transfer
    4) Likely to allow 64 or More MB RAM for processes
    5) All other goodies.....

This is for my personal website hosting needs. Please give me recommendation....

My budget is $100-150

Thanks
    I would recommend a Maximum ASP.com VPS from my admittingly little experience with windows hosting, I've been impressed.

Although they don't quite meet your requirements on bandwidth.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Winnt 2000 host

I already looked at Maximum ASP however they are quite expensive and they do not meet my transfer needs. I could endup pay so much money if I cross transfer limit.

I am looking at ourinternet.us. Does anybody else has exeprience about this company. I already joined them however I have mix feeling about them. Their customer support is very slow and very inefficient, however they meet my technical needs.

I am not able to setup my complete accout for one month..One problem takes over 20 back and forth reply to solve

Can you please give me your account email or PM it to me so I can follow up on this problem you have. Support is very quick to help so if you could provide the TT # I would also like to look at that so I can solve any issues that are still open. Will be waiting for your responce.

Thank you
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

If you still have an issue or would like me to follow up on the latencies you expressed please reply back to me on this.

Thank you,

Problem was resolve

Problem was resolved after 10-15 post. However your DB Server is perfoming very slow. One of the report I can run on other server in matter of second...Where as on your server it was taking toooo long..Same thing for other similar pages are taking too long. Seems like you too many database loaded on one server or it is not sized correct...Anyway I cannot work in such environment..Where too many issues.

Can you kindly give me your account ID or username you can even PM it to me if you like so I can take a look at the trouble ticket and your account? We have had no reports of DB issues on either mssql or mysql DB srevers and we do not over load our servers. Again please give me your account info so I can take a look at the TTs to possibly fix any issues if there are indeed any.

Thank you again and sorry for any incontinences you had,