Hostrocket vs Powweb vs ???

Hello all. This forum has helped me a lot.

I'm narrowing down my search for a new web host. I'm leaving my current host for two reasons: 1) they're kinda slow and 2) they allow adult content

I've found 2 hosts that do not allow adult content (this is important to me because my site is religious).

- Powweb.com
    - HostRocket.com

I run Invisionboard on my site and it usually has anywhere from 30 to 40 members using it simultanously. The site probably averages around 40GB of transfer per month right now, but will probably grow to more than that pretty soon.

Does anyone have any experience with the above hosts? What about another host I may have overlooked? A host that allows me to host 2 sites under the same account would be e big plus as well.

Thanks for any advice. - D

Searching is your friend

Hello,

Searching is your friend:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

Re: Searching is your friend

Originally posted by IEH-Peter
    Hello,

Searching is your friend:
    Thanks. The problem is that there's not an easy way to search for info about hosts that do NOT allow adult content. What keywords would one use?

There are many hosts specifically geared towards religious websites. You can probably get significant discounts with various hosts if you’re running a religious website – and you should definitely look into it. And before you sign up with any host, browse through their FAQ sections to see if they offer any discounts to religious or non-profit based websites. Many of them do! Best of luck!
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    There are many hosts specifically geared towards religious websites. You can probably get significant discounts with various hosts if you’re running a religious website – and you should definitely look into it. And before you sign up with any host, browse through their FAQ sections to see if they offer any discounts to religious or non-profit based websites. Many of them do! Best of luck!
    Cool. Thanks! From my research, it seems as though specifically religious based hosting companies are usually a lot more expensive though... My guess is because they're not as big as the larger companies, and this makes me think that they may not be as reliable. Like everyone, I'm sure, I'm looking for a company that'll be around 5 years down the road.

But I'll definitely look into the details regarding non-profit discounts with the above two hosts.

In fact, my current host is totally free, and hosts my site because it's religious based. The problem is it isn't as fast as I'd like. I'm willing to pay for a host if it means and improvement in performance and stability.

My local church is hosted with a Christian Website host - if you'd like I could provide you with more information on religious hosts I know of. Just e-mail me at Felix@Lucid-Hosting.com (only if you want) and I will contact my church to find out who hosts them, and how much of a discount they recieve.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Email potential webhosts and ask them straight out...do you allow adult content on your server? Also read their AUP/TOS. This can also provide you with the information you are looking for.

But emailing a host to ask if they allow adult content on their servers will do 3 things for you. Answer the adult hosting question. Give you a idea of what their sales/support response time is like, and gives you a chance to communicate with the potential host one on one and maybe begin a rapport before you have signed up for their services.

Just something to consider.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003