Question Transter of a .cc domain name

Hi,

I have got a domain name with the extension .cc, but I pay every year 30 plus a tax which gives me a domain name at 36 .

I would like to change my registrar and transfer the domain name to an other less expensive. I have found godaddy.com which gives the possibility to buy .cc domain names for 14.50 $/year. Only problem : they don't support .cc domain names transfers.

microtech-industries.net and 1stdomainnameservices.com which are Godaddy's partner companies sell .cc domain names at 19.50 $ but this is the same problem : .cc domain names transfers are not allowed (only .com; .net, .org, ...)

Do somebody know a good registrar which supports .cc domain names transfers for 20 $ or less ?

Thanks in advance.

i doubt there is any registrar offers $20 for .cc registrations.

enom offers .cc transfers and the rate vary from $24.95 - $49.95

from lowest reseller price to highest retail price.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

namecheap.com offers at $28.88
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

registerfly.com $29.99

both namecheap and registerfly are enom resellers, so they support .cc transfers

also tosdomains.net offers at $27.95 and an enom reseller

Question

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick answers ! 4 messages in only 5 minutes it's a record !!!

I will wait someone finds an other registar cheaper...

How is it possible that godaddy purpose annual registration at only 14.50 $ while the other are selling such domain names at 45, 50 or 60 $ ??

Why have I registered my domain name with rapidomaine.fr and not with godaddy at the beginning !!!

Bye

I have found dotz.cc Domain names are at 24.95 with a .cc extension.

It's the cheapest I have found...

godaddy is horrible. Do a search and make your mind...
    For peanut economies I would never consider getting prisoner to them.
    idotz, i don't know if they are good or not. But if you add up the (paid) options you will get closer to the fees of other registrars. It depends.
    Good luck. If you find a nice registrar, we are all ears

godaddy even the cheapest for .ws.

seems they are loss leader or something

There is also webnic.cc with domain names at 24 $

Are there enom resellers who can make me a best price than 24 $ ?

I believe to approximately 20 $ or so.

"GoDaddy is GREAT!"
    "GoDaddy is horrible!"

And the debate rages on and on.....The suggestion to do a search and make up your own mind is quite valid. There are those that love GoDaddy, and those that hate them. I'm not sure what netgogo means about being held prisoner though, as I've never had any problems transferring names in or out of GoDaddy.

If they allowed .cc domain names transfers I would be gone by them without hesitating ! Half the price the other registrars are asking for registering such a domain name per year, it's great ! But, they don't support these transfers, and since 2 weeks I'm searchning the best prices for .cc domain names by the registrars who allow transfers of these domains.

If somenone could help me...

I'm not aware of any registrars right now that can transfer .cc names....

There are webnic.cc and dotz.cc which offer the possibility to transfer .cc domain names and the prices are approximately the same...

Somebody who has already experience with them ?

Looked into it a bit and it looks like iDotz.cc is able to transfer .cc names, though I'm not too sure about webnic.cc. Can't tell what the fees are on iDotz...Registration of a .cc is $24.95 but I don't see a price for transfers.

Hmm I've gone on webnic.cc bit it seems that it's only for companies which want to make buisness with domain names... It's not for persons who want to buy one only domain name.

On idotz.com, transfers are at the same price than for registering, I think :

http://www.idotz.net/transfer.html

On the site it's written : Switch your domain to iDotz.Net for as Low as $8.75, which is the price a .com costs when you register it. It's for the transfer + one year adding to the remaining time

I hope it's the same thing for the other domain names.

Originally posted by Krokodyle
    Hmm I've gone on webnic.cc bit it seems that it's only for companies which want to make buisness with domain names... It's not for persons who want to buy one only domain name.

On idotz.com, transfers are at the same price than for registering, I think :

http://www.idotz.net/transfer.html

On the site it's written : Switch your domain to iDotz.Net for as Low as $8.75, which is the price a .com costs when you register it. It's for the transfer + one year adding to the remaining time

I hope it's the same thing for the other domain names.
    I doubt if that offer for .cc , Almost it's for .com .net .org ..( anyway keep us updated )
    The lowest Price I know for .cc is $24.95 at eNom
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

I wanted to say that it should be 24.95 $ on idotz.com like for registering it during one year. Is it also 24.95 $ on enom ? But how can I take advantage of these prices ? I'm not a reseller...

Anyone here will set you up with a free reseller account just make sure that they give you the best rates. i.e. $24.95 for the .cc like you want.

Somebody who can give me his prices ? I'm searching for approximately 22 or 23 $ for a year...

acts837 is on right there is no restrictions from enom for the .cc so any ETP or enom reseller can create you enom reseller account with 24.95 pricing list for .cc
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

or 24.95 $ if this is the lowest prices you can get from enom...

That is the lowest from eNom

ok, thanks !!!

if you want cheapest .cc then go with godaddy since they are the cheapest for .ws and .cc!

unless you are an international client be aware of being blocked in the future.

Don't they allow transfers from them to an other registrar ?

I have just registered to idotz.com with their price : 24.95 $ or 20.7 while I was paying 36 /year with my current registrar. Nevertheless, I have not looked on their site if they allowed transfers from them to an other (if I find a better price somewhere else). I hope that I can... :-(