Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post News: Bush is the first U.S. president to give legitimacy to Jewish settlements.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=4828378

Bush's support for Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will go down well with conservative and Jewish voters in the U.S. presidential election but was likely to inflame the Arab world and further complicate efforts to stabilize Iraq.
    The announcement marked a shift from the decades-old U.S. policy of viewing the Jewish settlements as an obstacle to peace and was greeted with anger by Palestinian officials.

IMO, this will bring more chaos.

Mr president said
    "In light of new realities on the ground, including already existing major Israeli population centers,
    does this encourage all countries to break law, and create ( new realities on the ground), then start negotioating from there, how wise.
    I'm not against a 2 countries resolution, both living side by side in peace, but the way its going now, it will only bring more chaos to the whole world, it will raise hatred to USA.

Job well done MR. Bush
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

From SKY NEWS ONLINE

>>

President George Bush has been accused of inflaming the situation in the Middle East after he backed Israel's plan to start the withdrawal of settlements from Gaza and parts of the West Bank.

<<

Web Rhino, i am aware of how you feel about the situation but i have a question or two on this issue.

Of course we will need cross border agreement to settle this for the long term but what is your main problem withIsrael unilaterally trying to extract or disengage themselves from areas like the West Bank and Gaza? If someone can take the initiative or be pro active in some way the two parties might be forced back to the table as a response. Might be nice once in a while if that happened.

thanks

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

How about Israel follows all the UN Resolutions that the US voted in favor of and then If Palestine continues terrorist acts even after Israel is following the resolutions then we go Iraqi on them. Instead of this decade long war we will make it a 3 week one.
    Alvin

sounds good

Originally posted by alvinks
    How about Israel follows all the UN Resolutions that the US voted in favor of and then If Palestine continues terrorist acts even after Israel is following the resolutions then we go Iraqi on them. Instead of this decade long war we will make it a 3 week one.
    I like it - but go worse than iraqi - this is getting rediculous. give them their country back and then if they attack someone again - give it to them so this is not a matter any more.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Originally posted by Critic
    Of course we will need cross border agreement to settle this for the long term but what is your main problem withIsrael unilaterally trying to extract or disengage themselves from areas like the West Bank and Gaza? If someone can take the initiative or be pro active in some way the two parties might be forced back to the table as a response.
    Whilst extracting 7,000 settlers and military outposts fom Gaza would be progress, the West Bank is an entirely different matter, keeping 92,000 settlers in the West Bank with an "agreement" that amounts to formally annexing bits of the West Bank (as opposed to merely occupying it) does not seem like progress.

As for being proactive and it bringing people to the table, it seems very obvious that the Palestinians have been delibrately kept away from the table and the only response this particularly initiative is likely to illicit is one of violence.

I am not saying bringing anything back to the table. Just have Israel follow the UN resolutions that the United States voted for and if Palestinians still attack after this huge good faith gesture then the UN (along with the United States) comes in with full force to regulate Palestine.

The other option is what we have now which is nothing. Instead of another decade of violence I am saying we have a few months of it and it would include all the nations of the world.

The settlers have occupied areas using pretty tasteless measures and thought it will be painful to resettle them I believe it is worth the benefits which would be peace in the middle east.
    Alvin

peace in the middle east
    That'll be the day. This war is nearly as old as I am!!
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Just have Israel follow the UN resolutions
    And there's the flaw in your plan, Israel don't follow UN resolutions (even ones America voted for) and it's unlikely they will unless America elects a president who isn't either a religous nut, a gutless wonder or a combination of both.

Same thing with America getting involved with the Cyprus issue.

Turkey invades Cyprus in 1974 backed by United States back then secretly and now officially trying to resolve peace in Cyprus instead of the split border setup by giving the Cypriots the *** end of the bargain.

Even though the northern state of cyprus is an illegal occupation and no one recongnises it but turkey, USA wants the cypriots to allow unification with the turks. So turkey can get into the EU and America can have there puppets acting for them.

Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Israel don't follow UN resolutions
    Sharon takes these baby steps. Terrorists that don't want this blow something up. Sharon not only reverses the steps, but destroy some houses to make a point. 6 weeks later Sharon takes another few baby steps and terrorists attack again. This is an endless cycle.

Only serious international pressure on both sides of this problem will resolved this issue. This pressure will most likely create additional deaths in the short terms, but save thousands in the long term and possibly millions if you think about the international ramifications this is currently causing.
    Alvin

i double that.

Critic, of course I’m not against the Israeli withdrawal, i never said that this is my problem, my problem is who gave bush the right to give Israel the right to keep an occupied land as a prize for withdrawing from another part of the land.

so now a country can occupy another country , then after 50 years of negotiations, in MR. Bush new concept (reality on land), the occupying country will get 50% of the occupied land and withdraw from the other 50%
    50-50 isn't even the reality here look at the maps, you will find that Gaza strip is very small compared to the west bank (area wise).

thats dangerous ground

Originally posted by Web Rhino
    i double that.

Critic, of course I’m not against the Israeli withdrawal, i never said that this is my problem, my problem is who gave bush the right to give Israel the right to keep an occupied land as a prize for withdrawing from another part of the land.

so now a country can occupy another country , then after 50 years of negotiations, in MR. Bush new concept (reality on land), the occupying country will get 50% of the occupied land and withdraw from the other 50%
    50-50 isn't even the reality here look at the maps, you will find that Gaza strip is very small compared to the west bank (area wise).
    if we enforced that mantra strictly here is what Isrealis would claim
    We are tearing down the al aqsa temple and rebulding the jewish temple since it was there first and was taken a desecrated by the muslims that built the temple on top of it.

that would only be fair - right?

I suspect you will say no - that is an exception - so I guess there are always expceptions and the old addage of "son - no one ever said life is fair" is sometimes true.

At some point there will have to be a mutual compromise since there have been so many wrongs on each of these people against each other.

otherwise - it will be a neverending - well you didd this - I must be avenged - well you did this so I must be avanged. and so forth an so on.

Maybe that is what we are destined for. maybe that is why most think that nukes will be used in this region in our life due to the deep seeded 1000's year old bad blood feuds over there.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I wonder how long that has been in the pipeline between Sharon and Bush ...

The Palestinian are been fooled by Bush with the so-called roadmap..
    ^^ IM WITH STUPID!! ^^

"The only way to overcome fear, is to challenge it head on"
    "The quickest way to get over a woman, is to get under another"

Sailor, i don't understand- what are you trying to say ?!!

The Jewish temple story is way off topic-who knows its real location anyway? , I’m talking about land here, about resources....green lands, water resources, strategic areas; this is only what Israel is after,
    -why does the wall go into Palestinian land eating up green lands?
    - why isn’t it on the borders? Maybe this is a new reality on land stuff?
    -why should the Palestinian side be force to sacrifice?

It’s all about interests. Elections are coming up and bush is doing a little strip for Jewish voters.

His comments will only bring more chaos to the area; it will not bring peace in anyway.

the war will not be 3 weeks no matter what. no matter what the turn out is there will always be turmoil between the palestnians and the israelis.

gauranteed..

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    the war will not be 3 weeks no matter what. no matter what the turn out is there will always be turmoil between the palestnians and the israelis.

gauranteed..
    Always is long time. How about 20, 30 years. Looking at the speed palestinian population grows and comparing it to israely population growth, eventualy israelis will be minority and things will settle.

Who said the folowing:

"To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab world against us and make a broken tyrant into a latter-day hero ... assigning young soldiers to a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning them to fight in what would be an un-winnable urban guerilla war. It could only plunge that part of the world into even greater instability."

How about US government and their partriotic morons (no offense to real US patriots) getting their *** back to US and stop getting in other countries business.

One would almost think Sharon prepared Bush's "new realities" speech

I am sure Sharon will go back to Israel with a big smile on his face.

[qt]the war will not be 3 weeks no matter what. no matter what the turn out is there will always be turmoil between the palestnians and the israelis.[qt]

I do agree that certain level of turmoil would exists for at least 20-30 years, even after the 3 week international offensive, however it would be the start some possible peace. Muslims and Jews have lived in peace (in this area) many times throughout the last 3 thousand years and it can happen again. Jews and Muslims are not mortal enemies.

If Palestinians were given an unoccupied country with a governement that has real power I think the turmoil would be significantly less. To get to this point requires some international involvement.
    Alvin

gladly

Originally posted by CyberAlien
    How about US government and their partriotic morons (no offense to real US patriots) getting their *** back to US and stop getting in other countries business.
    I am sure the morons here will be happy to mind their business when the other countries morons you are referring to step up to the plate and control their idiots. like - dont let them come over here and hijack our planes and blow up our buildings and you wont see us over there as much.

wow- no we have labeled everyone in the world as morons and idiots - what is the world coming to. lol
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Originally posted by timechange.com
    Who said the folowing:

"To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab world against us and make a broken tyrant into a latter-day hero ... assigning young soldiers to a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning them to fight in what would be an un-winnable urban guerilla war. It could only plunge that part of the world into even greater instability."
    Quiz is over - the quote above was made by GW Bush's father in 1996. Seems Junior does not consult his Dad's wisdom much

actualy not

Originally posted by Web Rhino
    Sailor, i don't understand- what are you trying to say ?!!

The Jewish temple story is way off topic-who knows its real location anyway? , I’m talking about land here, about resources....green lands, water resources, strategic areas; this is only what Israel is after,
    -why does the wall go into Palestinian land eating up green lands?
    - why isn’t it on the borders? Maybe this is a new reality on land stuff?
    -why should the Palestinian side be force to sacrifice?

It’s all about interests. Elections are coming up and bush is doing a little strip for Jewish voters.

His comments will only bring more chaos to the area; it will not bring peace in anyway.

actually its right on topic and in fact most christians believe that the temple has to be rebuilt as the next sign of the return of christ. the last sign was the reconstitution of the nation of israel.

if it were flipped flopped - I a m sure we would be hearing all about the mosque that was desecrated when the jews destroyed it and built their temple on top of it - its land - its history - so yes it is very on topic.

as far as location - it is the correct location. that is very well documented by archeaologists and historians worldwide - both christian, muslim and jewish - so there is no argument there.
    in fact the wall of the temple is in tact - it is now the wailing wall.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Bush and Sharon are buddies. If Bush was really smart, he would've told Sharon to get those settlements off Palenstine land asap with a timeline and if Sharon refused, break relations with Isreal. The U.S. is about the only nation on the planet that has relations with Isreal.

Originally posted by barleduc
    One would almost think Sharon prepared Bush's "new realities" speech

I am sure Sharon will go back to Israel with a big smile on his face.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Re: gladly

Originally posted by sailor
    I am sure the morons here will be happy to mind their business when the other countries morons you are referring to step up to the plate and control their idiots. like - dont let them come over here and hijack our planes and blow up our buildings and you wont see us over there as much.
    a very simple question...which of those 2 things happened first and where?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast