Thread: Truck vs Car?

Truck vs Car?

Now to me a truck in most cases would be safer then riding in a car correct? Well last week a car hit a truck and the person in the truck died, but the people in the car barely got hurt. Now am I wrong that cars could be safer then trucks?

dont think that has anything to do with it... if could be a numer of factors, speed, angle, seat belts on or off, airbags, etc.

I think a new truck compared to a new car with similar safety features and such, i think the truck would be safer. its higher up, ive seen cars hit trucks and the car has damage to the windshield from the rear bumber of the truck.
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

One factor is the "real" trucks (as opposed to a lot of new designs that are built pretty much like cars) tend to have a steel body placed on a rigid chassis, instead of unibody construction. Basically that means no crumple zones, and the entire force of impact is more likely to act on passengers (or, for example, toss the engine into the passenger compartment) instead of being absorbed by the vehicle.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I think you would be safer in a car of equivalent weight.
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Its easier to hit a truck in a bad angle and make it flip... the higher it is off the ground the harder it will hit when sliding over.

Bigger impact on the new trucks will surely crumble under the pressure and possibly blow up.

Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

I just watched a special on this and the reality is you have a greater chance of being killed in a truck versus a medium and small sized car. Trucks/SUV also have a higher rate of killing the person you hit which means if you do survive you might be spending a few years in jail along with forever knowing you took the life away from another family.

One other note is the fatality rate of driving a sports car is double that of any other car, truck, or SUV. So, even though a truck is more dangerous it is still much safer then a sports car.
    Alvin

Well if it's a Volvo, it probably is stronger than a truck .

Seriously though, it does depend on the model of trucks. Most newer trucks are designed to function a lot like regular cars. The older trucks, if they are well-built, I would say are safer than cars.

But really, there is no single truck or car that is safer than the other, they all are capable of being destroyed, which means you can die from any of them. (Crashing that is.)

Regards,
    Waylon

Basicly what the others said, but also it might be more easier to get into an accident with them since they are SO BIG...

While im driving my small GTI these big *** trucks enjoy tailgating me at red lights, my ENTIRE rear window doesnt even reach the top of the hood on those trucks, but again it is all about the angle and speeds of impact...

plus in cars you get much better gas mileage and passanger room

Originally posted by projectpatch
    plus in cars you get much better gas mileage and passanger room
    my new car I bought (which I posted about) gets 45 miles a gallon .

Trucks (ie. SUV's) are known to be more dangerous than cars in regard to fatal accidents. Because they're larger people assume they're safer. Many studies have proven this to be wrong.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I believe one of the safest cars out today is the 2004 mercedes-benz. They have curtains that drop down in an accident, to shield you from any breaking glass. Multiple air bags. The car will absorb the hit and not go down hence giving a less chance of death. Of course, the repairs to fixing a mercedes that was in an accident is crazy because it ends up dealing damage to itself even though it is saving you.

older trucks would be safer, but dont have the newer safety features.....lol, I don't even know what i'm talking about, i'm off to bed