In need of 100-200 GB of bandwidth... and that's all.

I'm running a highly visited music site with the same 10 mp3's being downloaded. My bandwidth is fluctuating between 70-120 GB per month, and I'm simply in need of hosting the FILES. I don't need lost of administration options, and it really doesn't need to be that fast. The files just need to BE online.

Since it isn't a business, I'm really looking into cutting costs, but I'm not sure how to approach a host with my needs. Especially since many sport all the cpanel options before sharing bandwidth info.

I know bandwidth costs, but I also know there are different qualities of bandwidth. I'm looking for something inexpensive and low-end. I don't even need e-mail!! Any thoughts?

Note: the one that I have my eye on is Surpass Hosting . com - the Extreme Package.

And the site is metroidmetal . com - not illegal in anyway. It's my music.
    Last edited by Stemage; 04-14-2004 at 11:19 AM.

try speaking to the guys at You might be better off with a dedicated server in which case you could try if they are not sold out. Hong Kong/Chinese based hosts generally offer much more bandwidth than the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Fragtech; 04-14-2004 at 11:27 AM.

New York, NY

I believe there are many reputable hosts around which can offer you the amount of bandwidth you require for the reasonable price.

Recently WHT has removed the forum where you can post your requests, however there's a Host Quote section, where hosting providers will receive your request and they can reply to you.

Refer to

Hope it helps.

Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889

Hi Stemage,

What kind of space are you looking at and what is your budget?

I purchased a dedicated server two months ago and have loads of bandwidth spare (around 500gigs of bandwidth not being used).

If you want, I can easily set up an account for you with your own cpanel and would be able to give you 150gigs bandwidth and then I would simply monitor your outages and increase it accordingly for free.

The server is fully managed and uptime has been at 100% over the past two months.

Let me know if you are interested and what you are looking to pay as I just have loads of bandwidth just sitting there and not being used.

Cheers - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...

New York, NY
    You don't need a dedicated server, you can find a host willing to provide you with that much bandwidth on a shared account. Of course, it's not going to be a 20.00/m account - it will cost you.

Brendan Diaz

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I'm slowly learning about what it actually costs the hosts themselves for things such as bandwidth which is why I'm reluctant to jump on cheap deals. Almost EVERYONE lists unmetered bandwidth in their packages which we all know is NOT true.

It's a confusing situation for sure. As far as price goes, I currently host with a pricey, but HEAVENLY host called Rock Solid Internet. They had agreed to absorb all bandwidth with a good plug on the front page of my site (with my $30 package), but now they're basically losing money on my account. None of us really planned on 120 gigs in Jan.

I want to stay hosting with them, but put files elsewhere basically, and I know it's possible.

How much? Well, it's so hard to make offers when you know nothing about dedicated servers, what hosts are paying their upstreams, and I see the dust in my wallet.

If anyone wants to e-mail me (hey dav! ) my e-mail is [email protected].

EDIT: OH, and as far as space goes, all I need is about 100-200 megs!!! People always sport all the hard drive space, which really isn't what I need at all. Like I said, it's like 10 songs.

look into the virtual server accounts at ev1