Lakewood, NJ

Outsourcing Projects

I have a hosting business but I have no designer that I currently work with. When I approach many potential client they don't know anyhting about web sites. Most people want a package deal. A site and then a fee every month for the site. Where can i find some one that will work with me that can do all the desing for my clients. I pref. want some one in NJ so that my clients can sit down and meet the designer face to face. Any sugestions would be greatly appreaceated. Thanks.

Aesthetic Studios
    you most likely won't find a web designer who will accept $10/month for a website - its usually an upfront fee. Some options you might pursue are:
    have upfront fee (setup charge) and then a recurrent fee
    pay the developer for the website and hope you dont end up with a loss

for example, if a site costs you $500 to have designed, you charge $15/month for use of the site along with hosting so after a little less than 3 years the site will be completely paid for and all the money each month is pure profit.

i don't really support monthly payments indefinately for a website because it isnt an ongoing thing (maintenance contracts are different matter. i have one with all of my clients). It's like paying a painter $10/month for the rest of your life (or however long you have your house) for painting a room. it just doesnt make sense. Monthly payments are best for recurring things like maintenance and hosting

and as far as finding a good developer with which to work, you will need to do some experimenting. gather a collection of phone numbers, emails..and any other contact info of possible developers (you could post a topic here in the correct forum looking for people to do work for you) and then as a project is needed, get a quote from about 5. pick which one you want to work with and see how the project goes. if you like the experience, price and quality, use him again; if not, pick another one next time. it can take a long time to find a good developer to work with.
    Bill Erickson : Resume | Aesthetic Studios

Toulouse, France
    absolutely agree, nobody would create a website any close to professional looking one for a $15 monthly fee... But, try your best, maybe you'll be lucky and you find somebody, but definitely not in NJ, most likely in India or some other 3rd World country.