Thumbs down Hostdime.com - Don't use

I purchased a reseller account from hstodime.com some time time ago, but I've now moved onto dedicated servers.

They just don't cancel your account and it requred me to go to great lengths with my credit card company, 2checkout and many emails to their support desk which was a waste of time and I'm only on the verge of getting it cancelled now. While I understand they want to protect their business, it shouldn't require these lengths to cancel an account with someone.

Just a warning. I would stay well away from their pitiful support and very poor server security (there servers seem to get hacked every month).
      0 Not allowed!

It looks like a great company. I hope, you will be happy with your new hosting provider.
      0 Not allowed!

It looks like a great company.
    That was a joke I suppose.

aldohead, thank you for the feedback and good luck with your new hosting provider!
      0 Not allowed!

When I was using SurpassHosting (a sister company of HostDime) for a personal site, I had a hard time getting them to cancel my account. It seems like they just do not check, or ignore, tickets to close accounts.

On the hacking issue, the server I was on got hacked too, and caused almost a week of downtime for them to fix what was wrong.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.
      0 Not allowed!

Just cancel it via merchant directly if they ignore you.
      0 Not allowed!

That's interesting. I always found Host Dime to be a very honest host that provided an excellent service. Maybe things have changed since then.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe some just like to bash hosting companies to have something fun to do.
      0 Not allowed!

aldohead

aldohead,

I apologize for any miscommunication you may have encountered
    with us.

I can assure it was not done intentionally.

We did have some recent issues with our helpdesk kayako in which we respond to tickets and they were not being sent to the client due to some issues with the cookie sessions. If indeed you did send an email that may be why there may have been miscommunication.

I do apologize beforehand if that is the case.

would you be so kind to email me personally [email protected] your domain name and last name on credit card I will get this take care of for you right away and if there has been any charges since your first email to us, we will refund it also.

best regards,
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, this has been resolved.

You were a good hosting company and I did probably go a bit over the top, but I think taking 15 days+ to cancel the account is a bit too much. However, you have resolved the issue now and I hope I can put the delay down to your helpdesk problems.

Thanks for resolving it, hopefully your helpdesk problems will have been fixed.
      0 Not allowed!

Let me "third" the issue brought up by aldohead, and seconded by miakeru...
    I also had problems getting Hostdime to cancel my account. It took over two weeks before they finally canceled the account.
      0 Not allowed!

remove mod please
      0 Not allowed!