Dinix dedicated servers

Just looking for some feedback on Dinix's dedicated servers such as the network and support that cames default with their packages. I'm currently on their VPS plan, and on the fence as to whether to upgrade, as that experience has been somewhat mixed.

Thanks

Find this weird

You have experienced the support and network yourself and why do you require further feedback? Nobody can describe as good as what you have experienced yourself.

Oh well, simple, network is on edelta DC, solid network.

You definitely won't find any feedback like your own, but throw some words in here because I have nothing but positive things to say about Dinix.

As far as support goes, we generally require very little. Ocassionally we need new IPs assigned, or something like that. I have had experience with Ev1, Ezzi and managed a machine for someone at ServerBeach. Ev1 has wayyy more employees than Dinix, but Dinix responds to tickets faster and with more useful responses - even with a smaller team. I'm sure you've noticed you've never waited more than 10-20 minutes for a response from Dinix.

The network speaks for itself, it's pure Internap - same deal as on the VPS accounts. Can't really tell you more than you already know. It's rock solid and there haven't been any outages in my time there.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with a dedicated machine, if nothing else it'll give you room to grow. Go for it .

Are they still on pure internap? I highly doubt so. Anyone could verify this?

how can they possibly offer internap at that kind of pricing without some crazy overselling?

Are they still?

They have always offered pure internap bandwidth - only thing they recently did was drop their GLBX (InterNAP failover) network.

Feel free to tracert their domain or mine, you'll see pnap in the traces no matter where you are.

Originally posted by qm8309
    how can they possibly offer internap at that kind of pricing without some crazy overselling?
    They're not overselling too much but of course they probably are. Internap bandwidth is quite expensive, and so is housing yourself in edeltacom. They only offer 500 GB bandwidth plans for servers that people like TP offer 2000 GB for.

i ordered a box there yesterday, what is the wait time usually to get the box up

they state within 48 hours...or do they usually get it up before that?

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Are they still on pure internap? I highly doubt so. Anyone could verify this?
    All traffic in/out defaults to Internap exclusively, with failover to other providers.

- Mike Griffin
    Handy Networks, LLC - http://www.handynetworks.com
    Since 1997

Originally posted by adidasrta
    i ordered a box there yesterday, what is the wait time usually to get the box up

they state within 48 hours...or do they usually get it up before that?

If you will PM me with the name on the order I will check the status for you.

If they say 48 hours, then it will be Max 48 hours. If not, then you have some problems already with them lol.

As for Dinix, it seems Dinix has recently been getting VERY mixed reviews reguarding support and what not - I know they offer a reseller program - maybe go through a Dinixz reseller for your box?

Are you set on using Dinix, or open to suggestions for other possible server providers?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Originally posted by RaineTech
    They're not overselling too much but of course they probably are. Internap bandwidth is quite expensive, and so is housing yourself in edeltacom. They only offer 500 GB bandwidth plans for servers that people like TP offer 2000 GB for.
    I have a feeling it was cheaper for them to move from Internap to E^Deltacom, especially for expandability. For what Dinix is buying (space and bandwidth), they probably have good pricing on InterNAP, opposed to someone with a smaller commit.

-Josh

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Find this weird

You have experienced the support and network yourself and why do you require further feedback? Nobody can describe as good as what you have experienced yourself.

Oh well, simple, network is on edelta DC, solid network.
    Well for me I've been with hosts where their virtual and dedicated servers are two completely different experiences, so need to inquire here.

To be honest it was about the same price but we did up our commits and got some better deals so we are able to pass that on to the end customer.

Only reason we moved is Internap was just about out of space as well as us and we need to be able to grow at a fast rate and not have to worry about running out of space. We still use Internap for bandwidth and default route everything thru them for performance with fail overs to several other tier one providers that edeltacom provides for us.

As far as facilitys goes I have to say Edeltacom is 10 times larger and nicer than Internap, but dont take that wrong Internap has a top notch facility as well.

George the support you get on your VPS will be the same on a dedicated server you should not see a difference at all.

i'm pretty much set with dinix, i needed an atlanta host so this is the only one that i know of.
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

Dinix all the way!
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

Atlanta Internap out of space? The entire broadwing side that they took over is completely empty (with much nicer cabs mind you, and lots of free cage space), plus there's still alot of floor space and empty cabs / empty cage space on the main side. Only thing about edeltacom (which is a huge/nice facility), is it's way out in Suwanee, GA, i'm just inside of atlanta close to marietta and it adds ~15 ms to my ping (using sprint T1) when compared to inap's infourm facility directly.

Originally posted by Paul L.
    To be honest it was about the same price but we did up our commits and got some better deals so we are able to pass that on to the end customer.

Only reason we moved is Internap was just about out of space as well as us and we need to be able to grow at a fast rate and not have to worry about running out of space. We still use Internap for bandwidth and default route everything thru them for performance with fail overs to several other tier one providers that edeltacom provides for us.

As far as facilitys goes I have to say Edeltacom is 10 times larger and nicer than Internap, but dont take that wrong Internap has a top notch facility as well.

George the support you get on your VPS will be the same on a dedicated server you should not see a difference at all.

We were in the broadwing side and yes there is some space left in there but not the amount of space we needed to take, they walled half of that side off for their internal use and the other half had cabs and cages with little room to grow if you look at the big picture of planning for the next 2 to 3 years.

Also I was told more than one time by their sales people that their main side was full and they had a large deal coming in that may take most all of the space left on broadwing the side.
    I donít know if it was true or just a sales pitch but either way we made our decision because of what we had been told and I have to tell you Edeltacom knows how to treat its customers so we cant be more happy.

Re: Dinix dedicated servers

Originally posted by GeorgeC
    Just looking for some feedback on Dinix's dedicated servers such as the network and support that cames default with their packages. I'm currently on their VPS plan, and on the fence as to whether to upgrade, as that experience has been somewhat mixed.

Thanks
    VPSes are generally tricky, so i would venture a guess that most of your problems (however few you had) had to do with that technology, rather than dinix per se. a dedicated server would naturally not have any virtuozzo-related issues.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Originally posted by qm8309
    every budget (and arguably most non-budget) provider(s) oversell. this is hardly news. the effect this has on end-users depends on how well this is managed and can range from none to the company folding because of bandwidth bills they can not pay. given paul's resume, i would say he knows what he is doing.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

The seem have strong promises about uptimes for their servers
    "5% for every 30min downtime" not that we want downtime but still the numbers for uptime is pretty darn good.

Originally posted by adidasrta
    i'm pretty much set with dinix, i needed an atlanta host so this is the only one that i know of.
    How did you miss GNAX, www.gnax.com
    hm what should I put in my sig?

And Cyberwurx.com Truly awesome provider.

I'm going to give Dinix a try soon...

Yes, and Cyberwux... Hoping to give Dinix a try soon also
    hm what should I put in my sig?