Need dedicated server but no technical knowledge

Dear webmasters !

I hope you all are in the best of your spiritual and physicall health. I am running a foriegn language vbulletin forum (4000 members) on a shared server (UK webhost) and I pay 100/month ($150). You will be surprised to know that my hosting plan is 30 but I am paying extra 70 for bandwith + MySql. I am not sure how to reduce bandwith and my webhost is not responsing to my ticket.

I need a dedicated server upto 100 ($150) /month but I dont have any technical knowledge to run it. Is there any managed solution on which I can fully depend?

I have read that the servermatrix.com is the NO 1 dedicated server provider in this industry but can I fully depend on them? If yes, then why there are charging $50 for Gold package?

Can anyone guide me on the right path.

Hello,
    No one can really tell which host is the NO.1 as most companies will have its ups & downs.

Anyways, do consider a few reputable managed servers below, other than SM:
    www.rackspace.com
    www.gnax.com
    www.fastservers.net (Managed solution available at a small fee)
    www.dinix.com
    www.liquidweb.com

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

What you need, is a low cost server matrix server - through a server matrix reseller that's willing to completely manage it for you for under 150.00/m.

Or you can go directly through SM, and then hire a server administrator to admin your server. However, usually getting a fully managed server through a reseller winds up being cheaper.

EDIT: All of the hosts mentioned by KKHost, including Server Matrix are all top quality providers.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Thanks for your replies.

How much Servermatrix Administrators charge per hour?

dont believe that gold plan will manage server for you - better way is to hire admin - for 50$/mo you can find person who will push you in right direction and will take care of securing the server.

if you need more info pm me and ill give you contact to good admin who ocasionally works for us

//edit
    sm techs charge 75$/hour
    Pro-net-hosting.com - www.pro-net-hosting.com
    Pro hosting solutions since april 2003.

Try angelnetworkz.net - there dedicated servers are fully managed (for people with no server experience) and I have been very happy with them.

There lowest priced box at the moment is a 2.0ghz Intel Celeron with 80gig hardrive and 1000gigs bandwidth which is more than you will need to run your forum and it comes with WHM/cpanel/Fantastico all for $80 per month.

I can highly recommend them having been with them for 2 months and being a total dedicated newbie myself.

Cheers - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=259640

Check this out, if you could afford it, go for it by all means!

Wholesaleinternet.com > free management. I don't recommand SM.

I think the best way out is to learn it one way or another. I got involved in this business about 6 - 8 months ago and I knew nothing. Now I have my own box. The best thing to do is to learn the system. Get a reseller account and play with it. You will learn it with time.

ya, but you need to pay extra fee to ask them installing programs for you

Originally posted by dav
    Try angelnetworkz.net - there dedicated servers are fully managed (for people with no server experience) and I have been very happy with them.

There lowest priced box at the moment is a 2.0ghz Intel Celeron with 80gig hardrive and 1000gigs bandwidth which is more than you will need to run your forum and it comes with WHM/cpanel/Fantastico all for $80 per month.

I can highly recommend them having been with them for 2 months and being a total dedicated newbie myself.

Cheers - Dav
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

www.adiungo.com have an excellent virtual server plan for $45, incl. 12.5 Gb HDD and 150 G Bandwidth.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

You really can't go directly through Server Matrix to have your server actually "managed." Either rent your server through Server Matrix and then pay a server admin from another company to run your server for you - or go through as Server Matrix reseller that will rent you a Server Matrix server, and fully manage it for you.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Hi Irfan,

You need to get managed web hosting services if you lack of technical knowledge in managing a dedicated server. A Managed dedicated server services will provide you all the necessary tools for you to use with all the features of a dedicated server, but managed by the web hosting provider.

Trying researching CIHost's dedicated server information page at http://www.cihost.com/?zone=products/dedicated_hosting before you sign up. The service is a managed by CI Host

The more host review you read, the more careful you will become in choosing a host.

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

well, one thing that you must know is that many managed hosting providers do not actually help you proactively, so if you know nothing about admins, you should try idologic.com. This company takes care of servers in a active manner.

What are the differences between proactive and non-proactive? For example, servint is a good managed hosting provider, but they are not pro-active, which means if you tell them nothing, they will not even update your kernel for a year, not to mention monthly security check/patches or just suggestions.

Therefore, if you are security-alert or aware of what should be done, servint is cool. If not, then idologic.com is one of the best choices.

I've a cabinet with Hosting365 in Dublin - 365.ie

The service is very good and they use Level3 bandwidth. If your audience is in Europe then they're worth a look.

If I'm reading this right, what he wants is--essentially--what 1and1 calls a "managed" server. Perfect for newbies and beginners.

The only drawback is, if you need ANY kind of customization, no matter how minor, with them you're out of luck. So, check before you order.