Thumbs up i need 2 gig storage/200transfer

any suggestions??? i tried the the host quote tool....it keeps telling me to put my name in when i did!!!

what is a fair price for 2gig/200 gig transfer???

i was paying 20 bucks a month (prepaid for a year) @gisol.com...now i see they are a joke....and need to get outta there asap!!

With that amount of transfer you most likely need a dedicated unless you're simply offering download files from static webpages. If you're using that amount per month on a dynamic site, then you definitely need a low end dedicated box.

In a shared environment, you can get that fairly in the $100 and up range, though most shared providers don't offer that amount of transfer because usually that amount per month calls for dedicated.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

it is my understanding with a dedicated server u have to run it yourself??.....is there i website where i can get a dedicated server upload my sight and be done??? and they take care of it??

Sort of.

What you're looking for, is a FULLY Managed server. That's where the provider takes care of your dedicated server - entirely - for you. So all you have to do is work with your site.

Effectively, if you go with the right service, you don't have to know the difference between a server and a tree, and you'll still be fine.

However, these solutions are more costly. Most fully managed servers are going to be around 130.00/m.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

is there i website where i can get a dedicated server upload my sight and be done??? and they take care of it??
    In $20/mo.... NO. In $150/mo - possibly even $120/mo - YES, some dedi provider might be offering an "actual reallly managed" deal. Most don't in the sub-$100 price.... and don't even get taken in by that Managed.com BS -- their $50 servers are NOT managed.

Another option - get a $50-60/mo Managed.com/Nocster.com server, add one of those cheap outsourced server management plans which go for $50/mo and you have a managed server in $100-$110/mo

Most fully managed servers are going to be around 130.00/m.
    At least. There is a big difference in service from one managed provider to the other. If you go this route, make sure you know what you are getting in server management.
    Rob
    Founder and former owner of SRLnet. Sold in 2006

When I was looking at this a while back, managed servers tended to cost around $250+/month. Not cheap at all.

I was looking at rackspace recently. Nice but too expensive IMHO.

Hi DJ Trinity,

The cheapest managed dedicated server I have ever seen is with tomsyer.net who offer servers for $60 fully managed.

I myself am with angelnetworkz.net where I have a fully managed box which I pay $110.00 per month for.

However, there lowest end managed dedicated servers are at a special price at the moment $80 per month which includes WHM/Cpanel/Fantastico.

I am a total dedicated newbie and Donna has virtually set up my box, transferred my site over and basically done everything for me. The support is as though I am still with my shared host which is brilliant. It really is a true "managed server".

Cheers - Dav.
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

http://www.surpasshosting.com/?x=hostingplans

they upgraded their plans and the MAX one is $25 a month and gives you 20GB of space and 200 Gb of transfer

yes i've had a site with them and they are good (also with all the bells and whistles of Scripta autoinstaller)

Yes, but if you do some research on the "low-end" server providers, you're going to realize that often - it's not even worth it to pay 80.00/m for a server when support is horrible, and there is plenty of downtime.

Read some reviews on tomsyer.net, if anything, go directly with the source, Managed.com over them. And remember, Managed.com is NOT managed.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Re: i need 2 gig storage/200transfer

Originally posted by Dj Trinity
    any suggestions??? i tried the the host quote tool....it keeps telling me to put my name in when i did!!!

what is a fair price for 2gig/200 gig transfer???

i was paying 20 bucks a month (prepaid for a year) @gisol.com...now i see they are a joke....and need to get outta there asap!!
    Sign up for a couple accounts on dathorn.com and just split your load between the two with big files or whatever you're using the space for, evenly distributed between the accounts.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

But he doesn't even need to do that. There are plenty of hosts that can put all of that on one account for him with no problem.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

I was just giving him another option, because I tend not to trust companies that offer hosting at the price of ten cents per GB.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

I know, and I just made a counter-point. I'm sure the poster appreciated the suggestion anyway.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz