cheap reliable hosting

Probably...
    200 mg of space
    5-20 gb of transfer
    php, mysql, etc...
    less then 5 dollars?

Umm.. any suggestions?

Use the host quote feature, or look in offers .

Good luck finding what you need!
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

k thanks i will try that

Repeat after me... a buck a gig. A buck a gig. You should probably increase your budget a little bit more if you want a host that's got a good chance to be around for a while.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

A buck a gig is a bit pricey in mass market web hosting. There are many quality providers that have been around for several years that charge significantly less.

when you find a host, just search about it on WHT and you will know whether it is worth the try or not
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Triple Story Cardboard Box in the land down under

Offers

Yeah, your best bet would be to post in the hostquote section. You should certainly get what you're looking for. 5-20gb for $5/month isn't alot to ask for these days.
    Web Hosting Jury - over 4000 hosting USER reviews
    Love Your Host? Hate Your Host? - Submit a review

well im not asking for 20 gb exactly, mayb just 10 or 5 gb heh..

and thanks, ill try those suggestions!

Apart from using the host quote feature, you should try to sniff out newly created hosting companies. They will give you almost anything for almost nothing, just to become their customer
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by TRN Douglas
    Repeat after me... a buck a gig. A buck a gig. You should probably increase your budget a little bit more if you want a host that's got a good chance to be around for a while.
    i agree.
    I still believe that you get what you pay for. bring your budget to at least 10 bucks a month and get a host that will be around for awhile and establish a working relationship with them.

o okay! thanks for your suggestions!

Apart from increasing your budget to get the 5-20gb from a good host, also consider the other option of really examining whether you need 5-20gb.

By reducing your bandwidth needs you will certainly find a good host at your budget amount or less.

From my years of experience, most customers want to have lots of bandwidth available "just in case", but almost all of them never use it. Over 90% of our users, use less than half a gig per month, many only using 200-300MB per month, but they would all like to have accounts with multi-GB limits.

The usage reality is nearly always a long way short of the expected usage.
    Kerry Slavin
    Reliable Solution Internet Services
    http://www.reliablesolution.com
    [email protected]

200 mg of space
    5-20 gb of transfer
    php, mysql, etc...
    less then 5 dollars?
    I think that your price is fair for such requirements and you'll be able to find reliable web hosting provider with such a budget! Good luck

I must say that I find it amazing how little people are looking/willing to pay and that there are actually hosts that charge that little. From the business side, that's a lot of few dollar accounts in order to make a profit.

As the competition is really a bi*** in this industry, I won't be amazed if in the very near future someone will offer as much as you like, in terms of space, BW, mail accounts etc for free Maybe they will even throw something extra in for getting your site hosted with them....

And in the end everything over the net will be free
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I have done my research from this forum and found a very affordable windows host charging $8 per month for 1G space and 30K bandwidth it is a reseller account and its unlimited domain use. www.myonehome.com They have 24/7 support via yahoo messenger. And I couldn't find anything negative about them on here. They seem pretty good.

5-20 gb of transfer per month for 5 bucks?

that sounds like a lot more of a marketing strategy than anything else.
    will people actually believe that?
    wut's all these?

cheap AND reliable in the same sentence?

I guess it comes down to how you define cheap and how you define reliable.... A partner is with a cheap host... he says they are realiable, but when I tried them out it was a lot of downtime... that was some years ago. I think they were charging 4 or 6 bucks....

It depends on what YOU need at the end.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Well don't judge ever host on one experiance I am a smaller company and Not out to make a million started this becasue of that fact when i design sites and set people up with hosts not mentioning names but they where unreliable. So i started this company to give my clients a good host they can depend on.

... Oooo k ayyyy
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!