Thread: ID Theft on me

ID Theft on me

Someone registered a ebay name and used my personal info today, then went and bought a couple things. So I have a guy calling wanting to know where his money is.

Has anyone went through something like this? My plan is to go to the police tommorow and file a report. I emailed ebay but haven't got a response back yet. I know though that most of those companies wont send their logs to anywhere but law enforcement though. What process should I go through to try and trace this person and give them what they deserve?

Thanks for any help!
    Jimmy

Contacting your local Police Department is the best course of action. I'd also cancel those accounts and/or access new numbers. Contact your banks, etc. as well, anything affected by it.

It's a nasty thing. Hopefully the situation gets cleared up with much haste. Best of luck.

Regards,
    Waylon

I had someone get into my ebay account and fraudulently sell an item, and bid/win but not pay on 2 items... That sucked.

Couldnt you tell Ebay your an offical and try and SOCIAL the logs???????? (I dunno, fight fire with fire)

The Dude -- Good Luck Mate

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!