Thread: DesignMyHost

DesignMyHost

I am in the market for a new web hosting design and came across the site DesignMyHost.com. They claim that all of their designs are unique. The only problem is that they only show the main page of each design and do not show any sub pages. Has anyone ever dealed with this company before? Would these designs be recommended for a hosting business that wants to generate real business? Any info would be helpful.

This really belongs in the web design & graphics forum, not the advertising forum.

Since you asked though.... there was a time when they were cutting edge, but that time has long passed. Their designs now are nice, but very average cookie-cutter type layouts. The prices are too high, and you can often find equal or better designs here for less money, and still unique and exclusive.

They used to go by a different name too. HostSkins I believe.

Thanks for the info. I don't mind spending the money for a complete unique website design. I'll spend $500-$1000 if necessary. I thought their designs were a little content lite, but I was not able to see the subpages to make that conclusion.

Would you or any other users make any recommendations for a complete hosting website design that can make a little guy compete with the big ones?

Hi,

how many pages do you need for $500-$1000 ?

Thanks,
    Nat

For that kind of money you could get a decent design. But of course, for a slightly higher price, you could be competing with the established companies.

Check out http://www.nsd.ro/v2 and have an idea of what you could get for $500-$1000.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Hi. Our site is www.futureadvanced.com . We can do a very high quality hosting website for you, including logo design, flash header, full graphics, unique frontpage and subpage graphics, 10-20 html pages(including text implementation) for $850USD . This includes unlimited revisions and multiple concepts.

Please view our work above, as well as our newer work below and if interested contact me at [email protected] . Take care.

http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/hostvaux/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/jabbie/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/darren/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/neil/acs/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/alex/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/tiago/index.htm
    http://www.futureadvanced.com/work/jasonjames/index.htm

Best Regards,
    Anthony Jewell
    The FutureAdvanced.com Team
    [email protected]

Originally posted by marengo
    Hi,

how many pages do you need for $500-$1000 ?

Thanks,
    Nat
    YES! Check out Nathalie's work. Very very good.
    Maybe too good.

I think you could get better/more for your money, honestly
    CEO Pixabit, Inc.

We dont include a subpage design preview because its stated that we provide a "custom subpage" -- that means you will give us a description of how you would like to subpage laid out and what you will be placing in them.

People saying $295 is over-priced for the designs on designmyhost honestly need a reality check. We provide a UNIQUE design which is not resold, a logo design, all coded, we customize the main page, provide a custom subpage, one on one attention, and yet we are over-priced? Honestly, I believe we are under-priced. Well hey, I guess thats WHT for ya.
    Last edited by jmango; 04-14-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Originally posted by Gen-T
    This really belongs in the web design & graphics forum, not the advertising forum.

Since you asked though.... there was a time when they were cutting edge, but that time has long passed. Their designs now are nice, but very average cookie-cutter type layouts. The prices are too high, and you can often find equal or better designs here for less money, and still unique and exclusive.

They used to go by a different name too. HostSkins I believe.
    If you can point the sites that offer that, please do. I would like to see who we are competing with.

softstor Designmyhost.com is your best option. Most people on WHT are used to paying $50-150 for a template, then crying about the lack of communication and etc.

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS - And have a goal in your hosting business, I suggest you go to designmyhost.com or go to a design firm.

Originally posted by ITSconcepts
    softstor Designmyhost.com is your best option. Most people on WHT are used to paying $50-150 for a template, then crying about the lack of communication and etc.

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS - And have a goal in your hosting business, I suggest you go to designmyhost.com or go to a design firm.
    I appreciate it man

I would like to thank everyone for your suggestions. I have received dozens of private e-mails from people, most suggesting that DesignMyHost was good at one time, but its time has passed. I received many e-mails from good web designers and the decision was difficult. I decided to hire Nathalie Poitiers to design and build this site for me.

Thank you for all of your feedback.

Originally posted by softstor
    I would like to thank everyone for your suggestions. I have received dozens of private e-mails from people, most suggesting that DesignMyHost was good at one time, but its time has passed. I received many e-mails from good web designers and the decision was difficult. I decided to hire Nathalie Poitiers to design and build this site for me.

Thank you for all of your feedback.
    Sorry to hear that, I believe we have actually gotten much better in terms of quality and price. I don't see why people would say that. But good luck with natalie!

I didn't see any problems with your price since you do the custom page designs. I know there are hosting templates for sale less than $75. In fact, I think only one person thought your pricing was too high compared to other template vendors. But since you do the custom designs, this is comparing apples to oranges. Your pricing is fine. Its the content that is in question.

In my opinion, I think that you should show the subpages. I know that you customize the subpages, but it would give a visitor an idea what your work would look like. For someone like myself, I am not sure extactly what I need and samples would be a big help.

Originally posted by softstor
    I didn't see any problems with your price since you do the custom page designs. I know there are hosting templates for sale less than $75. In fact, I think only one person thought your pricing was too high compared to other template vendors. But since you do the custom designs, this is comparing apples to oranges. Your pricing is fine. Its the content that is in question.

In my opinion, I think that you should show the subpages. I know that you customize the subpages, but it would give a visitor an idea what your work would look like. For someone like myself, I am not sure extactly what I need and samples would be a big help.
    Yeah, I may have to consider doing that. Its gonna throw the customized subpage feature out the window however. Thanks