HiveMailHost.com - Watch out

A little while ago i was asking people here where I can run a hivemail script, and someone here recommended HiveMailHost.com...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=254684

I signed up with then, the very next day their server went down...

I wrote to Paypal and got the reply from them...

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation into the Buyer Complaint described below.

------------------------------
    Complaint Details
    ------------------------------

Transaction Date: Mar. 31, 2004
    Transaction Amount: -$17.95 USD
    Case Number: PP-035-153-169
    Seller's Name: Timothy Elder
    Seller's Email: [email protected]

We have determined that the seller is at fault in this matter but regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

If this transaction took place on an auction site, we encourage you to contact the auction site and see if they offer insurance or dispute resolution.

Thank you for your cooperation and we apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

To make sure future transactions proceed smoothly, we suggest reading these Security Tips:

http://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/we...buyers-outside

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

It sucks to be getting screwed

I was the stupid one that recommended them after using them for a free email service "Project".

By looking at their site... it looks like they didnt come back up...

The owner used to come here, his name is Timothy Elder... hes been banned from these forums.

We moved our free email service to its own dedicated server 3 weeks before it went down... luckily

Even I was trying to find out more about them.. now I don't need to
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Hi,
    I have seen hivemail sending spam looking to pick up hosting customers. I would think they would get shut down regularly from their providers....

Tim L
    Superior Host LLC - Quality Web Hosting since 1998
    We really do support you like no other
    Secure, ultra reliable hosting
    Website Maintenace Plans and a Personal Level of Support

As Business Manager of HiveMail/HiveMail.com, I would like to clear up a few things here.

Timothy Elder was the former owner of HiveMailHost.com. About a month ago, he transferred the domain to us (HiveMail.com). At that time, he informed us he had no customers left using the services formerly provided by HiveMailHost.com. We are not otherwise affiliated with Timothy Elder and have no knowledge of anything he did while he was the owner of HiveMailHost.com.

HiveMail.com does not currently offer any hosting services. We do not send spam. Sending any email, spam or not, advertising a non-existant service would be a little ridiculous. Any email that was sent advertising the services formerly provided by HiveMailHost.com was sent by the previous owner.
    Kevin Schumacher
    HiveMail