var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('350px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('330px');
Anyone Want to Split a Dual Xeon Server With Me?
I am looking to order a Total Control 2800 server from https://www.theplanet.com/tc/tcpro2800i_server.php in the next couple of days.
Here are the specs..
Server: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz - Setup: $49.00 - Monthly Fee: $249.00
Primary HDD: 80GB Hard Drive
Secondary HDD: 80GB Hard Drive
RAM: ECC Registered 2048 MB RAM
Number of ips: 11 IP Addresses with FloodGuard
Bandwidth: 2000 GB Bandwidth
Uplink Port Speed: 100 Mbps Uplink
Web Analytics: Urchin 300 profiles
Backup Service: None
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Version 3 (recommended)
Server Management Plan: Gold
Control Panel: cPanel/WHM with Fantastico - Monthly Fee: $25.00
This server is managed by The Planet, and includes:
* Ping Monitoring.
* Network Based IDS.
* 24/7/365 Onsite Hands and Eyes.
* Orbit™ Online Support Portal
* Host Based IDS.
* O/S updates and patches.
* Service Monitoring (FTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, Terminal Services, etc….) - [up to 6 services]
* System Monitoring (Drive Space, Processor usage, Server Load, etc….) - [up to 6 services]
* Process Monitoring (ColdFusion.exe, PGP.exe, ApacheGuard.sh, snort, etc….) - [up to 6 services]
* On-Demand Vulnerability Assessments
* Centralized System Event Monitoring (Login Failed, File accesses, Network connect attempts, etc)
* Systems Administrative Service: 1 hour / month
I am looking to either split this with 1-2 people as I really do not need anywhere near 2000 GB of transfer.
1 person would be $137.50 / month for 1000 GB of bandwith and half the diskspace and you would get full root access.
Or 2 people at $70.00 / month each, for 500 GB bandwidth and about 20 GB of diskspace each. Reseller account, no root access.
Send me an email if you are interested, at [email protected], and we can talk about it.
Can we run gaming servers on the server?
Not a good idea with cpanel on, and probably the webhosting he will have.
It fine with cpanel.. I ran many gaming servers before cpanel is fine with it. So is it a yes or no?
cpanel on a dual xeon is fine for game servers
I am open to the idea.. (sorry I wasn't checking this thread, and subscribing to it didnt seem to work. )
Email me at [email protected] if you'd like to talk about it.