Thread: Question

Question Question

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4 ghz HT
    Does that mean its two physical cpu's or 1 cpu thats hyper threaded? Thanks

Two physical cpu's.

Two physical CPUs with Hyperthreading enabled on each. That makes a total of 4 processors running (although not at its 100% on the performance of 4 processors)

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Thank you

Is this an excellent machine?

Is this an excellent machine?
    More or less yes. But Dual Opteron (with 64-bit) seems better to me.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

KKHOST

Hi. Can you answer me a few questions about your company?
    1. Is all your hardware loccated at the GNAX in atlanta, GA
    2. Do you have a test ip
    3. How is your support?
    4. Is the operaton you have (in your opinion) better than the dual xeon 2.4 HT?
    THANK YOU

Hello,
    I have an Opteron workstation but not webserver. It works like a charm. IMO, it is more powerful than the Xeons, as Xeons is only 32-bits while Opterons are 64-bits. Opterons are designed specially for high-end servers. From what I read from my Forbes magazine, HP and some other computer manufacturers (excluding Dell at the moment) have contracts with Opteron for building high performance servers. They will use Xeons for budget servers.

Thanks.

ps: Check your PM. I don't want to abuse the rules here