Thread: 2 digit domains

2 digit domains

hello!

Does anyone know whether one can still register 2 digit .orgs? What would be their value? I wonder that since I was offered a 2 digit org for a little less than 1200 $.

Are 3 digits coms of any value? If so, what about 4 digits? assuming that the combination of the digits does not give any sense? that goes for the org domain I was offered, as well.

I hope for some input.

thx in advance

Just out of curiousity, why a .org over a .net? You can get .net 2 char for a $1k or less. I have some 2 char but I know someone who has a 2 digit for sale I think.

AFAIK if they expire they are toast but if they are active they can be renewed at some registrars but not all. Somebody correct me here because I'm not a .org fan.

You cant register any 2 letter .orgs they have been reserved by the registrar (the ones that have dropped and seem to be available on some registrars)

As for a value what would you mean for 2 digit? 2 charcacters or 2 letters?

.orgs

2 characters: $300
    2 letters: $1,000+

.coms

3 characters: $10
    3 letters: $500+

The letters are worth much more and if they are decent letters (or actually stand for anything such as men.com) then expect a lot more.

thx for all the input

it can be renewed at all registrars
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

no problem. BTW, my opinion is that digits fall out inbetween chars and letters. Some may not agree with this. Of course everything depends on the domain.

Any recommendations on how to get in on the buying/selling domains is this a profitable venture

It can be. All depends on the end user contacts you have. I try to avoid the wholesaler to wholesaler deals. For example, very rarely will I buy a domain off of a forum and turn around and relist at a higher price. Makes no sense to me.

exactly good profit in end user market not resellers market.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi