Thread: Gandi.net

Gandi.net

Got some older domains registered with Gandi.net. Never bothered transferring them out as it seemed more hassle than it was worth.

I'm having real problems trying to modify domain name parameters there at the moment, though. Everything is timing out, preventing proper administration.

My question is: should I regard this as one of those glitches that every site suffers from time to time - or has there been a real failure of service at Gandi either just recently, or some time now?

gandi's panel is complicated. I agree. Especially the "advanced dns" setting part (even though it is very sophisticated).
    Also gandi is ICANN accredited and will never veto a transfer, even if it they are mentionned as the technical contact (in the case of url forwarding with there ns) and that it can take 2 weeks.
    Serious people, serious registrar. Quite the opposite of sloppy godaddy.

i'd say stick with US based registrars, more reliable
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I tried to use them a while ago, one of the ugliest and poorly designed interfaces I have ever seen
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by Bashar
    i'd say stick with US based registrars, more reliable

yeah, gandi's looks is not fantastic (to put it politely). But they are straight shooters. Actually they where among the very first independant registrars accredited by ICANN and they started offering much lower prices (in 2000...) when verisign had still quasi monopoly.
    I cannot see how/why US registrars would be "more reliable" (?)... the in Koweit perhaps (joke)
    I only see that cusumer practice/mentalities differ on both sides of the atlantantic (I am not saying everything in EU is top either).

from what we see connectivity and reliability as exmaples of gandi and joker
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi